2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it just feels like.....

If he really wanted to come here......

You're sitting there trying to validate why he wouldn't come here when he's said what the big elephant in the room is. It's. It feelings, it's looking objectively at things and evaluating all the information then deciding.

You're still injecting feelings into it. I would say a statement like those about a DC are him trying to find a reason to stay. Maybe he still does. We've been playing catchup all along. We never lost him as we never had him so he doesn't need an excuse to head out of town.
Lol you’re high on your own farts

Come up for air

Advertisement
I was in College Station back when we played A&M in regular season in 2008 and we won that game by more than 20 points. Don't remember who was the QB, I think it was Marve. College Station was crap, a hick town. The stadium was small and not even half-filled. I remember a friend of mine said to watch out and don't step on the grass cause one of those military ROTC guys will start yelling. I said **** him and I will even **** on that ******* grass. The only reason to go there is MONEY, agriculture all around that ******* place.
Stadium was small? Lol

Don't hide now. Explain this
On either the Navarro Pod, they had on a PAC12 writer who took the time to evaluate every room in the conference, and salavea had the worst rated room his entire time in the conference.

The good news is the writer said hes a slightly above average developer. Don’t know how to quantify that part, but the recruiting part shouldn’t be too hard to confirm. Start 43:50.

Last edited:
Have you heard of Kayvon Thibodeaux?
Yep. Keith Hayward was his recruiter. I didn’t do the research. Just reporting the findings. PAC12 writer discusses it here: starts at 43:50.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you just make that up on the spot? Salavea was there for their 2018, 19, 20, and 21 classes. For blue chip DL recruits, Oregon was 4th in the PAC 12 while Salavea was DL coach, not last.

2018-2021 DL room blue chips in PAC12:
1) Washingon: six 4 stars, one 5 star
2) USC: five 4 stars, one 5 star
3) Stanford: six 4 stars
4) Oregon: three 4 star one 5 star
5-12:
Arizona State: two 4 stars
Arizona: zero
Cal: zero
Colorado: one 4 star
Oregon State: zero
UCLA: four 4 stars
Utah: two 4 stars
Washingon State: zero
They evaluated his time at Washington too. Start at 43:50.

You haven't realized yet what people do on here? Instead of anyone giving a fvck about um, people come on here with their best Kathy Bates impressions and trys to make everyone else miserable for no purpose beyond their amusement. Preaching nothing but lies to see who falls for it and starts arguing. That's how these lames entertain themselves.
Yea… my bad. I fell for the old manny Navarro in the tailpipe again! I wouldn’t have posted that if I realized everyone would freak out… guess I’m the only one here w enough time on his hands to get 45 minutes deep into a Navarro podcast.

For the record, I’m not unhappy with anything that’s gone on since Mario came to town. I’d rather him get the right hires, even if 1 recruit doesn’t like the timing

Advertisement
On either the Navarro Pod, they had on a PAC12 writer who took the time to evaluate every room in the conference, and salavea had the worst rated room his entire time in the conference.

The good news is the writer said hes a slightly above average developer. Don’t know how to quantify that part, but the recruiting part shouldn’t be too hard to confirm.

I just listened. That's not what they said. He said it's a complex stat that compares the position group's recruit ranking to the rest of the team's average. So if your school averages 3 stars, but you're a qb coach and have landed 4 star qbs five years in a row, your metric is higher than that of the qb coach at Alabama who recruits 5 star qbs every year. It's also a 5 year stat, but Salavea was only responsible for 4 years of classes at Oregon and Washington State.

It's not a very convincing stat to me. The guy at Alabama getting a 5 star every year will be a "middle of the pack" recruiter, when obviously they were hired at Alabama because they know what the **** they're doing.

I just listened. That's not what they said. He said it's a complex stat that compares the position group's recruit ranking to the rest of the team's average. So if your school averages 3 stars, but you're a qb coach and have landed 4 star qbs five years in a row, your metric is higher than that of the qb coach at Alabama who recruits 5 star qbs every year. It's also a 5 year stat, but Salavea was only responsible for 4 years of classes at Oregon and Washington State.

It's not a very convincing stat to me. The guy at Alabama getting a 5 star every year will be a "middle of the pack" recruiter, when obviously they were hired at Alabama because they know what the **** they're doing.
Just listened again too. Basically salavea was the worst recruiter at Oregon, and Washington before that. It is what it is. Mario wants him so I’m good w that.

I guess that's what I'm trying to say..... Joe Salave'a is more important than any 4-3/4-2-5 coach that might come. Mario already told him he will be playing DE.... What else need to be said? All DEs play the same role in those schemes.
Your career is on the line here. Imagine signing the dotted line then they hire No D. Its not just about 4-3 or 4-2-5. I am sure the players would like to click with their DC and certain DCs have certain schemes etc. that help specific positions show out more.

Not only that, but think about how easy it is to negative recruit us.

"no good DCs want to coach under Mario, look at everyone turning him down". "he did the same thing at Oregon he kept whiffing on coordinators and got stuck with plan C, your going to be stuck playing for a trash coordinator". "that program is a dumpster fire they can't even get a staff in place that is a long rebuild, if you want to win NCs come play for us". etc. You can negative recruit the fvck out of this.

Your career is on the line here. Imagine signing the dotted line then they hire No D. Its not just about 4-3 or 4-2-5. I am sure the players would like to click with their DC and certain DCs have certain schemes etc. that help specific positions show out more.

Not only that, but think about how easy it is to negative recruit us.

"no good DCs want to coach under Mario, look at everyone turning him down". "he did the same thing at Oregon he kept whiffing on coordinators and got stuck with plan C, your going to be stuck playing for a trash coordinator". "that program is a dumpster fire they can't even get a staff in place that is a long rebuild, if you want to win NCs come play for us". etc. You can negative recruit the fvck out of this.
Negative recruiting like that does not work. In football or anything else. Negative recruiting that happens after being pre-empted by a savvy coach will backfire. The best recruiters aren't speaking negatively about the other teams.

Advertisement
Negative recruiting like that does not work. In football or anything else. Negative recruiting that happens after being pre-empted by a savvy coach will backfire. The best recruiters aren't speaking negatively about the other teams.
There is literally a coach in here talking about how other teams are using this to recruit against us.

I was in College Station back when we played A&M in regular season in 2008 and we won that game by more than 20 points. Don't remember who was the QB, I think it was Marve. College Station was crap, a hick town. The stadium was small and not even half-filled. I remember a friend of mine said to watch out and don't step on the grass cause one of those military ROTC guys will start yelling. I said **** him and I will even **** on that ******* grass. The only reason to go there is MONEY, agriculture all around that ******* place.
Yea it’s actually been built up a lot. And the stadium is the one of the biggest stadium in the country, that includes College and NFL.

Big impact HC hires tend to sway big impact players. Sorry brother, you and I usually agree on a lot but the excuse making has to stop. We have resources and a coach whose expertise is recruiting. Mario didn't get the contract he got because of his gameday coaching...he got it because he's suppose to be a recruiting savant.

It's 100% fair and should be the expectation. You didn't hear me complain one iota when we lost TRob and possibly McLendon. You didn't hear me compain when we lost Coleman. You won't hear me complain if we lose Connerly. This is a different situation. This represents EXACTLY the type of kid Mario was hired to sell on the value of staying home. Mario is suppose to be the Lord of the Living room. I fully expect Mario and the gang to do WHATEVER needs to be done this weekend to seal the deal with Shemar. Period.
Jimbo is a big time HC, elite recruiter, with crazy bags, and a year head start. That isn’t an excuse. I think you need be a little more realistic.

Advertisement
He just started following the DC of one of the three schools he’s considering. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back