2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Salavea was the point person for all their Polynesian recruits. The work he did putting Oregon in position to land guys like the Sewells made him a great recruiter by itself. Add in solid DL recruiting and I have no idea how anyone outside of the bitter Oregon media could say he didn't recruit well there
You haven't realized yet what people do on here? Instead of anyone giving a fvck about um, people come on here with their best Kathy Bates impressions and trys to make everyone else miserable for no purpose beyond their amusement. Preaching nothing but lies to see who falls for it and starts arguing. That's how these lames entertain themselves.

Advertisement
I see a ton of hedging and pre excuse making . Mario is getting paid ALOT to be a recruiter . That’s his strength . Shemar is EXACTLY the type of kid Mario was hired to keep from getting away . I fully expect Mario to close on this one this weekend , otherwise there’s no way to describe this other than a disappointing miss.
he's had 6 weeks to land a guy that usually takes years to do. i think it's unfair to make a litmus test of Shema's recruitment by Mario

Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.

I love how some people just continue to stick their head in the sand regarding the effect not having a DC will have on this recruitment.

I don't care if you don't get it. I don't care if you think it's dumb. I don't care if you whatever, it is what it is. It's rather cut and dry unless feelings are changed this weekend. It doesn't matter what you feel, think, believe, or try and downplay.

In this one instance, it's likely a deal breaker. Why do some continue to ignore it. Cut and dry, right there.

Now did he make the visit?

he's had 6 weeks to land a guy that usually takes years to do. i think it's unfair to make a litmus test of Shema's recruitment by Mario

I wouldn't even be mad about it. I wouldn't be mad at Shemar either. Naming your DC and letting them chop it up together, maybe we pull the commit off.

The last staff gave Shemar away

I don’t want to venture into excuse making territory either but Shemar was gone when Mario came here

I think Jedi is right in a way of course but I’m with you on this one

Advertisement
Honestly don't blame him if he doesn't come with no DC in place. At this point it's empty promises of what we will run. When it comes to trying to get to the league I would want everything put in front of me to see where I will succeed most. We are just saying well it will look like this, when we have no idea u til the new guy comes in. At least if we had someone they could give him examples of where he would be used

Big impact HC hires tend to sway big impact players. Sorry brother, you and I usually agree on a lot but the excuse making has to stop. We have resources and a coach whose expertise is recruiting. Mario didn't get the contract he got because of his gameday coaching...he got it because he's suppose to be a recruiting savant.

It's 100% fair and should be the expectation. You didn't hear me complain one iota when we lost TRob and possibly McLendon. You didn't hear me compain when we lost Coleman. You won't hear me complain if we lose Connerly. This is a different situation. This represents EXACTLY the type of kid Mario was hired to sell on the value of staying home. Mario is suppose to be the Lord of the Living room. I fully expect Mario and the gang to do WHATEVER needs to be done this weekend to seal the deal with Shemar. Period.

Last edited:
I love how some people just continue to stick their head in the sand regarding the effect not having a DC will have on this recruitment.

I don't care if you don't get it. I don't care if you think it's dumb. I don't care if you whatever, it is what it is. It's rather cut and dry unless feelings are changed this weekend. It doesn't matter what you feel, think, believe, or try and downplay.

In this one instance, it's likely a deal breaker. Why do some continue to ignore it. Cut and dry, right there.

To me it just feels like a fail safe excuse to leave

If he really wanted to come here I don’t think it would matter specifically who the person is as long as Mario was able to convey the type of defense he wants to deploy

It’s why I don’t personally expect him to sign here

I’m not saying that what you are saying is false, it just feels like an off thing to say for me from their end if that makes sense

if you're making any judgements on Mario's recruiting based on this class well... it honestly doesn't matter because there's gonna be 5+ more classes after that and nobody will care that much about this one after he gets several full cycles to recruit. message board posters are going to be prisoners of the moment because that's what message boards are for, but Mario's success at Miami is not going to be based on whether he can get Shemar Stewart's signature after a 6 week recruitment. it's going to be about the next three classes and beyond.

the truth of the matter is that transition classes in the early signing period era are almost uniformly terrible precisely because you have kids committing to coaches/campus/cities they barely know, and the portal makes it even easier to hit the eject button. if we get even 5 great players from this class it will be a huge success.

Advertisement
Big impact hires tend to sway big impact players. Sorry brother, you and I usually agree on a lot but the excuse making has to stop. We have resources and a coach whose expertise is recruiting. Mario didn't get the contract he got because of his gameday coaching...he got it because he's suppose to be a recruiting savant.

It's 100% fair and should be the expectation. You didn't hear me complain one iota when we lost TRob and possibly McLendon. This is a different situation. Mario is suppose to be the Lord of the Living room. I fully expect Mario and the gang to do WHATEVER needs to be done this weekend to seal the deal with Shemar. Period.
i understand your argument and point of view but i disagree. i think the time factor is the issue here. let's see what happens. maybe he gets shemar and all is moot.

i understand your argument and point of view but i disagree. i think the time factor is the issue here. let's see what happens. maybe he gets shemar and all is moot.

Yeah, the only thing I agree with here is that we disagree. This is one Mario HAS to find a way to close. Take Ruiz and his checkbook to the meeting and call the Pope if necessary....but Mario's job is to SELL. He needs to SELL and CLOSE on this kid.

To me it just feels like a fail safe excuse to leave

If he really wanted to come here I don’t think it would matter specifically who the person is as long as Mario was able to convey the type of defense he wants to deploy

It’s why I don’t personally expect him to sign here

I’m not saying that what you are saying is false, it just feels like an off thing to say for me from their end if that makes sense

Why does if not makes sense?

He's built a relationship with many schools during his recruitment and didn't here.

UGA just came off winning it all. They are going to at or near the top as they've been recruiting their balls off for years.

A&M has been recruiting better every year and got the top class this year.

Both schools have mega bucks at their disposal. We have upped our game, but we're new money (nouveau riche) going up against old world money.

There is nothing equal about us and them. Even with Mario on board. He's still competing against two coaches who have rings. Guys who are as slick of salesmen for their schools as Mario ever was for anywhere he's ever been.

So then what advantage do we have? We're local, so what? That's the most overrated thing ever with top talent. They go all over the country to play for the elites.

Relationships, back to that. That's what recruiting is. Stewart might live Mario, but then he loves those other staffs and they're complete. He knows them, what he's getting in them, us....who knows.

Lots of people thinking on this as fans. Picking schools isn't about being a fan, but going where
you're comfortable and knowing who's going to be looking out for you while developing you into the best player you can be. He knows what that'll look like elsewhere, not here.

Relax.

Advertisement
Save your energy, my friend. You are trying to convince a rock it's better to be a bird. Even if he could understand what you were saying, he still can't change what he is.

Advertisement
10885329.jpeg

Why does if not makes sense?

He's built a relationship with many schools during his recruitment and didn't here.

UGA just came off winning it all. They are going to at or near the top as they've been recruiting their balls off for years.

A&M has been recruiting better every year and got the top class this year.

Both schools have mega bucks at their disposal. We have upped our game, but we're new money (nouveau riche) going up against old world money.

There is nothing equal about us and them. Even with Mario on board. He's still competing against two coaches who have rings. Guys who are as slick of salesmen for their schools as Mario ever was for anywhere he's ever been.

So then what advantage do we have? We're local, so what? That's the most overrated thing ever with top talent. They go all over the country to play for the elites.

Relationships, back to that. That's what recruiting is. Stewart might live Mario, but then he loves those other staffs and they're complete. He knows them, what he's getting in them, us....who knows.

Lots of people thinking on this as fans. Picking schools isn't about being a fan, but going where
you're comfortable and knowing who's going to be looking out for you while developing you into the best player you can be. He knows what that'll look like elsewhere, not here.
Did you even read what I said or just really really wanted to type all of that out before you burst inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back