2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the stuff I had seen was hes not a good recruiter. we know recruiting is personality and selling. I trust Mario when he makes hires, so if he thinks hes a good coach then I trust him there. there were concerns with his recruiting and if you look at his history, Mario had others handle big Time recruitments at Oregon for his own position. again I trust Mario. if anyone can make up the lack of recruiting, its Mario. the biggest issue here is that Joe is the only D hire right now. it isn't like we have another dude there other than DVD who can ease concerns. that's why a DC or even other D hires is important.
The lowest rated (by recruiting services) room in the Pac12 the last 5 or 6 years was Salavea’s DL room. For whatever that means.

No. You’re not reading it right. I’m pointing out that there have been more than a few insider types that have said Shamar was coming to Miami recently, and that sentiment has now changed. I then said that we have some disadvantages, such as the coordinators, that don’t seem to be taken care of. Given that we are in a trailing position going into the weekend and those disadvantages unresolved, it seems that our highly paid coach that specializes in recruiting is our best option and we specifically sought him out in the market to help us with keeping kids like this home. I do not think it’s unreasonable to expect Mario to have a chance here and it’s up to him to land Shamar. I don’t think he is a failure if he doesn’t deliver, but it is what we got him for.

Further, this premise is ridiculous on its face. To say we aren’t going to land him because we ignored him is complete horse ****. He basically lived on campus this summer. If you said we had a ****** product and our staff sucked for 3 years so AM beat us for him, I buy that. To say we ignored him is just insane. I’m old enough to remember people saying he was going to pop over the summer because he was around so much. We might have done a terrible job with selling him but I can’t agree we ignored him
the fact is that our product sucked last year (and has generally sucked for 20 years), our staff sucked AND TO BOOT we ignored him for 3 plus years (as confirmed by Moe) until about a 6 weeks ago when Mario was hired and made Shemar his number one priority.

i don't expect Mario to land Shemar in such a short amount of time after we ignored him for years. that generally isn't repairable in 6 weeks, relationships take time. if he lands Shemar, it will be a bonus

DO agree, however, that having no DC isn't good IF AND ONLY IF it is a big deal for Shemar and subject to the following statement. Moss and his family said something critically important and what i think Mario's competitive advantage it. Moss also doesn't know who id the DC (at least is reasonable to infer that Moss and other recruits don't know who is the DC) but he said HE TRUSTS MARIO. he knows Mario will get the DC and other coaches right.

Advertisement
I absolutely do not understand how you are getting negative reactions for this. No one is announced, no one is on campus recruiting, no one is in the school’s systems, and our recruits (Stewart) are clearly under no impression that one is hired. Even giving the benefit of the doubt that one is hired, if that person is locked in a janitors closet in the basement of Hecht and is not doing their job or with their name out there, then the semantics don’t really mean a whole lot. I respect what our insiders bring, but it’s clear that no one knows anything.
Lmao right man. I have no idea why.

The lowest rated (by recruiting services) room in the Pac12 the last 5 or 6 years was Salavea’s DL room. For whatever that means.
Did you just make that up on the spot? Salavea was there for their 2018, 19, 20, and 21 classes. For blue chip DL recruits, Oregon was 4th in the PAC 12 while Salavea was DL coach, not last.

2018-2021 DL room blue chips in PAC12:
1) Washingon: six 4 stars, one 5 star
2) USC: five 4 stars, one 5 star
3) Stanford: six 4 stars
4) Oregon: three 4 star one 5 star
5-12:
Arizona State: two 4 stars
Arizona: zero
Cal: zero
Colorado: one 4 star
Oregon State: zero
UCLA: four 4 stars
Utah: two 4 stars
Washingon State: zero

Last edited:
Lmao right man. I have no idea why.
It’s so passive aggressive, and candidly you can’t say on one hand that no one knows anything and then on the other hand say someone has been hired for the last couple of weeks. Whatever, the good value brought to the board far outweighs this. I’m also just getting stir crazy with this search.

Advertisement
It’s so passive aggressive, and candidly you can’t say on one hand that no one knows anything and then on the other hand say someone has been hired for the last couple of weeks. Whatever, the good value brought to the board far outweighs this. I’m also just getting stir crazy with this search.
Lol we all are man. It's getting a bit ridiculous but hey, we will not worry about any of this once hires are announced.

You know what could have helped with Shemar?

If his future DC was spending this entire weekend building a relationship with him….

Oh well.

You guys keep trying to make up reasons why Shemar shouldn't come here. We just had 2 elite DL in Moss and Kelly commit here without a DC.

And ****, the fact that A&M and UGA both just lost their DCs is pretty good evidence there's no stability with those positions. Kelly and Moss believe in Mario and his vision. If Shemar doesn't, then it'd just be a different excuse if it wasn't DC

Advertisement
No. You’re not reading it right. I’m pointing out that there have been more than a few insider types that have said Shamar was coming to Miami recently, and that sentiment has now changed. I then said that we have some disadvantages, such as the coordinators, that don’t seem to be taken care of. Given that we are in a trailing position going into the weekend and those disadvantages unresolved, it seems that our highly paid coach that specializes in recruiting is our best option and we specifically sought him out in the market to help us with keeping kids like this home. I do not think it’s unreasonable to expect Mario to have a chance here and it’s up to him to land Shamar. I don’t think he is a failure if he doesn’t deliver, but it is what we got him for.

Further, this premise is ridiculous on its face. To say we aren’t going to land him because we ignored him is complete horse ****. He basically lived on campus this summer. If you said we had a ****** product and our staff sucked for 3 years so AM beat us for him, I buy that. To say we ignored him is just insane. I’m old enough to remember people saying he was going to pop over the summer because he was around so much. We might have done a terrible job with selling him but I can’t agree we ignored him
I never once said we aren't going to land him. As of several days ago we felt VERY good about this situation & as of now that hasn't changed at all with the people that matter. This whole argument of the kid living on campus is nonsense. What he did was Come hang out with his boys very much in the same way tyrique always did. But you feel free to go with your approach because some people who don't know **** about the kid said he's about to pop...

Advertisement
You guys keep trying to make up reasons why Shemar shouldn't come here. We just had 2 elite DL in Moss and Kelly commit here without a DC.

And ****, the fact that A&M and UGA both just lost their DCs is pretty good evidence there's no stability with those positions. Kelly and Moss believe in Mario and his vision. If Shemar doesn't, then it'd just be a different excuse if it wasn't DC
Or, just maybe he actually wants to know who his coach is going to be. That’s not crazy.

I see a ton of hedging and pre excuse making . Mario is getting paid ALOT to be a recruiter . That’s his strength . Shemar is EXACTLY the type of kid Mario was hired to keep from getting away . I fully expect Mario to close on this one this weekend , otherwise there’s no way to describe this other than a disappointing miss.

When Mario was hired if we were to list who we got we would have been ecstatic

I think the majority of us agreed whatever we could salvage in 2022 would be a bonus

He’s succeeded. Probably exceeded expectations

No reason to let the coordinator hiring process cloud what’s been happening. Even getting Shemar to this point with us has been a minor miracle. And we still have a shot to land him.

Did you just make that up on the spot? Salavea was there for their 2018, 19, 20, and 21 classes. For blue chip DL recruits, Oregon was 4th in the PAC 12 while Salavea was DL coach, not last.

2018-2021 DL room blue chips in PAC12:
1) Washingon: six 4 stars, one 5 star
2) USC: five 4 stars, one 5 star
3) Stanford: six 4 stars
4) Oregon: three 4 star one 5 star
5-12:
Arizona State: two 4 stars
Arizona: zero
Cal: zero
Colorado: one 4 star
Oregon State: zero
UCLA: four 4 stars
Utah: two 4 stars
Washingon State: zero

Also, Salavea was the point person for all their Polynesian recruits. The work he did putting Oregon in position to land guys like the Sewells made him a great recruiter by itself. Add in solid DL recruiting and I have no idea how anyone outside of the bitter Oregon media could say he didn't recruit well there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back