Shazz Preston - ER20 on it

Advertisement
Stop worrying about shxt like that..We have Bigger fish to fry..U have to do what U have to sometimes to WIN..bring out the Big Guns Damnmit

Advertisement
1617386388071.png

Watched him play vs SFE, didn't really impress me
That's unfortunate. I have to think though that for the last WR spot that Miami would go after a much bigger body at WR like 2022 WR Samuel Mbake from Georgia if we are looking at plan B players at this point.

Go Canes

That's unfortunate. I have to think though that for the last WR spot that Miami would go after a much bigger body at WR like 2022 WR Samuel Mbake from Georgia if we are looking at plan B players at this point.

Go Canes

He'd be a perfect fit paranos! This is his highlights from last year. Take the 7 on 7 crap with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
He has already officially visited USC, Alabama and Texas. He also took an unofficial visit to LSU, which he has all 3 crystal balls for.

I'm assuming one of his final two OV will go to LSU, so do we really have a chance to get his 5th OV or is this just to have a "Top 7"

Advertisement
Reminds me of Pope. Probably more dynamic but still...not a huge fan.

Pope with the ability to catch a football is a very solid receiver. I know he's the red-headed step child around here, and rightfully so. But don't discount other kids just because they remind you of Mark Pope.....that's a very good thing, assuming they can catch. You give Mark Pope some Braxton Berrios hands and you're cooking with grease. The dude gets open. He just couldn't catch Covid in an upstate New York nursing home.

Pope with the ability to catch a football is a very solid receiver. I know he's the red-headed step child around here, and rightfully so. But don't discount other kids just because they remind you of Mark Pope.....that's a very good thing, assuming they can catch. You give Mark Pope some Braxton Berrios hands and you're cooking with grease. The dude gets open. He just couldn't catch Covid in an upstate New York nursing home.
That's part of the problem - you can see plenty of body catches and tentative catches in his highlights. Not to mention the false steps on his releases, robotic routes that aren't sold well, lack of understanding of body positioning before and during the catch point. I see a lot of the same issues with technique/fundamentals that Pope has. And then he doesn't have good balance or power as a runner and he goes down pretty easily on contact - though again he's more dynamic making guys miss.

So yeah to me he's clearly a P5 WR but not one I'd be hyped about Miami landing. Though certainly he has another year to develop and if he committed I'd dig deeper to see if his full game film was more promising. Brinson improved a lot from Soph to Sr year for example.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Pope. Probably more dynamic but still...not a huge fan.
If the worst thing about a wr is that his hands are very inconsistent that means he has many traits that he has to succeed just missing the most important thing. Pope and Wiggins are both elusive, athletic, can get deep, arent negative route runners and get open fairly consistency so if Shazz has reliable hands he'll absolutely be a valuable wr

If the worst thing about a wr is that his hands are very inconsistent that means he has many traits that he has to succeed just missing the most important thing. Pope and Wiggins are both elusive, athletic, can get deep, arent negative route runners and get open fairly consistency so if Shazz has reliable hands he'll absolutely be a valuable wr
I guess I see Pope as having a lot more issues than just his hands.

Wiggins, I mostly agree. He also has more issues than hands but he can separate on vertical routes pretty consistently which is valuable if he caught the ball more than half the time.

Advertisement
Back