Shawn Burgess-Becker Rivals update

The mystery that is Shawn Burgess-Becker and Calvin Ridley? Well, it won't be unraveled for sure until signing day.vBut they will certainly keep the suspense going until then.Both are committed to Alabama.

Burgess-Becker

-Says he is "open to all my schools."

Those schools?

-Says Miami, Alabama, Ohio State and Auburn. "That's my main four,"

-talks with Ridley on a daily basis about their college options.

-Ridley previously told CaneSport that he wasn't seriously considering UM.

-Says "Well when I mention Miami he's just like `yeah' (he'll consider the Canes). We're open to all our schools."

-Says they are set on attending the same college together, they are "thinking about" attending Miami's recruit barbecue Aug. 10.

-Says "We might be going to U day,"

-Says for now "I'm just going along with the flow."

-But before non-Alabama fans get too excited about the prospect of landing the dynamic duo, Burgess-Becker throws this in: I'm a really strong Alabama commitment."

-he explains why he's considering other programs, saying "Well, it's a (non-binding) verbal, so I'm open."

-Says he corresponds with Cane coach James Coley "almost every day."

-Says "He says how he needs me at their school,"

Just what kind of chance does Miami have of landing him and Ridley?

-Says "Who knows?" "We're just waiting for signing day to come."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662033

Advertisement
I don't know what to take from that. If he were really strongly commited I would think he would have a different tone in regards to other schools. He seems like Alabama was the cool thing to do and is still looking around. IDK I am not a psychologist. I do beleive if we have a good season and play well they will want to jump on board with all the other studs that are commiting.

Advertisement
these are some ******* kids not gratefull for there oppurtunity let me wax them one on one, god bless them though

you know when you're an epic troll and ****y *** player because you know you can play the game? When you do it to Bama of all the schools in the **** country lol, I wont put anything past these kids now if they're willing to string Bama and saban along

he explains why he's considering other programs, saying "Well, it's a (non-binding) verbal, so I'm open.

:ibisroflmao: These kids, i tell ya.

Advertisement
I am on the side of waiting until January seems like the this has been the staffs
Position when it comes to kids who like to play the recruiting game

I have not lost all hope...kids like this usually want to attach themselves to something
Relevant if Miami has a decent season and just shows up against FSU we will really open the eyes
Of a lot of kids then I will watch some dominos fall

-Says he corresponds with Cane coach James Coley "almost every day."

Got the right man on the job...

Advertisement
With the 2016 Mo going so strong, you have to think that kicking some rear this year and beating criminoles could turn 2015 into huge year. But as it stands, maybe Slave Trader is just looking for higher bids. We'll know if L$U jumps into picture.

he explains why he's considering other programs, saying "Well, it's a (non-binding) verbal, so I'm open.

this is the exact problem that the NCAA has allowed to give the kids all the leverage over the coaches. Early signing period makes this go away Emmert and my god how refreshing is it to see it happening to Bama???

Advertisement

this is the exact problem that the NCAA has allowed to give the kids all the leverage over the coaches. Early signing period makes this go away Emmert and my god how refreshing is it to see it happening to Bama???

Guys like Becker and Ridley wouldn't sign early anyway, so early signing period would be useless with them. They enjoy the attention and limelight of the recruiting process too much to cut it short early.

Advertisement
Back