Shaq's dad out there?

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
Shaq's dad is my favorite parent/poster of all time! He kept us informed as if we were all part of his family, met him at a pregame, great guy, great family! I know things got weird in this great forum and you had to stop posting.
If anyone knows him, some of us would love to hear from him. Still following OUR Canes? How are the Jacksonville recruits/insides? If you come to the games, name the seat so I can get you a cold one! BTW if you find LCE, tell him we also miss him!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t think he posts here anymore out of respect for Shaq being a current player(at the time) and wanting to separate himself that way(I think the coaches asked)

would love him back posting as his son is an Alum and he’s kinda just a normal fan like us now
He posted while his son was here. I got the impression some people here got into it with him probably around his son’s senior year. I remember him posting about his son going to some special draft event between sophomore and junior year.

Advertisement
Don’t think he posts here anymore out of respect for Shaq being a current player(at the time) and wanting to separate himself that way(I think the coaches asked)

would love him back posting as his son is an Alum and he’s kinda just a normal fan like us now
IIRC after the LSU opening game he came on here and made some comments that i think he wished he hadn't made about the staff. He abruptly made a post that he was leaving because he was asked to by family i think. Least that's how i recall it went down.

He was a great poster and offered us very good insights into one of our favorite past times. He gave us an inside look at two different regimes. The Golden and CMR regimes.

on a totally unrelated note, I'm glad he was gone by the time the Shaq bashing took to full form. There were only a few posters that bashed Shaq while he was around. I bet all those bashing Shaq saying we were going to be so much better with Brooks because of blah, blah, blah, blah wish they had Shaq back!

He posted while his son was here. I got the impression some people here got into it with him probably around his son’s senior year. I remember him posting about his son going to some special draft event between sophomore and junior year.
No he was posting and gave some nice insight into the team at times. But if memory serves me right he posted he needed to step away from the board and everyone figured it was due to the coaching staff probably asking… happened Shaqs JR year

Advertisement
IIRC after the LSU opening game he came on here and made some comments that i think he wished he hadn't made about the staff. He abruptly made a post that he was leaving because he was asked to by family i think. Least that's how i recall it went down.

He was a great poster and offered us very good insights into one of our favorite past times. He gave us an inside look at two different regimes. The Golden and CMR regimes.

on a totally unrelated note, I'm glad he was gone by the time the Shaq bashing took to full form. There were only a few posters that bashed Shaq while he was around. I bet all those bashing Shaq saying we were going to be so much better with Brooks because of blah, blah, blah, blah wish they had Shaq back!
The Shaq bashing was just another example of a group of 5 morons ruining it for everyone else

Kid was a beast

The Shaq bashing was just another example of a group of 5 morons ruining it for everyone else

Kid was a beast
He was a GREAT player for us during the time he was here!

Was he an all-time great? Maybe not, but that's some of the most elite company you can have. All time great LB at the U.

He was a great player for us, never missed a game, gave it his absolute all, and got better here EVERY YEAR! Did i forget he was the most loyal recruit one could have too! Kid does not get the credit he deserves from out fans.

Advertisement
I knew his dad was on the board but not 💯 sure on his handle HOWEVER I DO know he must be a GREAT man to raise such a first class son!!! Shaq is an AMAZING human being from what I can tell and it doesn’t hurt that he was one of the GREAT CANES to do it. Iron man Shaq with a school record of most games started by ANY CANE to do it!!!! Let that sink in considering all the GREAT players that came through this GREAT UNIVERSITY!!!! Plus showing out to a rival school on a visit decked out in CANES gear!!! I will always remember him for that great moment. Just like Blades Jr throwing up the U at the 50 yard line at Doak Campbell!!! Good luck to Shaq and his whole family and CANES nation will be forever grateful you chose to dawn the CANES helmet!!! Much love!!!

He and all family members who come here seem great. I don’t know what happened but I can only imagine. I can’t take some of the hot takes around here and I don’t have skin in the game. The parents who post here are tougher than I am because I couldn’t take the nonsense if my kid was here.
This just isn’t the best place most of the time for parents of the kids we follow. It’s gotten better with us cutting down on a lot of the nastiness but even when it’s accurate and properly stated criticism, it’s not easy for parents.

I knew his dad was on the board but not 💯 sure on his handle HOWEVER I DO know he must be a GREAT man to raise such a first class son!!! Shaq is an AMAZING human being from what I can tell and it doesn’t hurt that he was one of the GREAT CANES to do it. Iron man Shaq with a school record of most games started by ANY CANE to do it!!!! Let that sink in considering all the GREAT players that came through this GREAT UNIVERSITY!!!! Plus showing out to a rival school on a visit decked out in CANES gear!!! I will always remember him for that great moment. Just like Blades Jr throwing up the U at the 50 yard line at Doak Campbell!!! Good luck to Shaq and his whole family and CANES nation will be forever grateful you chose to dawn the CANES helmet!!! Much love!!!
I think it was “U know what” and It was deleted.

Advertisement
Back