Shaq Quarterman- Bama comin

MizCane

Senior
According to canesport. Anyone read the article? I dont have the subscription. Should we be worried? I know his father posts on here as well and his given some insight on his recruitment. I guess it would be dumb not to see what Bama has to offer especially when we know Golden should be on a tight leash.

Advertisement
I have a CS subscription. Headline is misleading IMO, nothing in there really scares me one bit. All he says is that Miami and Bama are the only schools he is even considering still and that he hasn't shut down his recruitment yet. Based of of that article there is no reason to worry right now.

I have a CS subscription. Headline is misleading IMO, nothing in there really scares me one bit. All he says is that Miami and Bama are the only schools he is even considering still and that he hasn't shut down his recruitment yet. Based of of that article there is no reason to worry right now.

THIS IS BAD NEWS

Al cant multi task dis when he starts losing kids and usually da big boys allow u get a kid to verbal then come on strong two weeks before NSD. alot of these kids wont be at miami, Shaq wil prolly stick tho.

Advertisement
He and his pops/uncle frequent the website without question. There has been absolutely zero that has happened in the last few months on the field to influence this. The kid and fam are die hard Canes fans. With nothing else to pay attention to during the off season, Internet perusal and workouts dominate the itinerary for many kids. With the garbage many of you idiots have been spewing towards kids , telling them not to come, "spare your kids the agony", etc., I wouldn't be surprised if one of the best linebackers in the country and most die hard fans did explore other avenues. Keep up the good work idiots. This class has playmakers across the board. Regardless of the coaching situation, we need studs like Shaq, Zach, and Mike. We need you Shaq! The morons are the minority!

:neonu:

Just like with other kids they want to have a top shelf backup option for security purposes.

Nothing more nothing less.

Advertisement
Where would you rather live in Miami or Tuscaloosa Alabama? Been there many times,**** hole!

This means less than jack ****. Bama wins big. They put kids in the league. A lot kids desire a legit
College experience and town. Playing at a small private university in a huge metropolis isn't for everyone, especially when that team is not winning. Winning makes us attractive make no mistake.

Advertisement
Send my kid to UM or BAMA.... hmmmmmmm
UM

Bama gonna max out the kid before he gets to the league. Feels like Bama players have hit their ceiling by that time.

So you wouldnt like UM to get the max ability out of their players while theyre in college? Id take chips like Bama maxing out players over going 6-7 with NFL talent..

+100000
And this statement is becoming false with Eddie Lacy, Haha, Jones, the bills DT and more. You want a 1st round grade. What happens in the league is up to the player...

Advertisement
UM

Bama gonna max out the kid before he gets to the league. Feels like Bama players have hit their ceiling by that time.

So you wouldnt like UM to get the max ability out of their players while theyre in college? Id take chips like Bama maxing out players over going 6-7 with NFL talent..

+100000
And this statement is becoming false with Eddie Lacy, Haha, Jones, the bills DT and more. You want a 1st round grade. What happens in the league is up to the player...

not to be a ****...but Julio Jones would have gone top 10 from high school. Aside from Lacy, Jones, and Dareus, who else from Bama has actually paned out? Richardson? Ingram? Kirkpatrick? Andre Smith? **** Cyrus Kouandijo was a second rounder for Buffalo and Henderson started over him.

UM

+100000

not to be a ****...but Julio Jones would have gone top 10 from high school. Aside from Lacy, Jones, and Dareus, who else from Bama has actually paned out? Richardson? Ingram? Kirkpatrick? Andre Smith? **** Cyrus Kouandijo was a second rounder for Buffalo and Henderson started over him.

Ingram was a pro bowler... Man every school has busts... But for school that has been dominant since 08 they have a good track record... You are nitpicking and make a sorry excuse... Now you're trying to discredit JJones... Don't do that it make us cane fans look pathetic... They also have CJ Mosely... No team will will do what we did from 2000-2007... Not even our 80's and 90's squads was churning out hall of famers and fringe hof selections... It's unfair to measure any program to those squads that about any program... Bama players hasn't been as much of a bust as we try to make them out to be...

UM

+100000

This whole "Bama doesn't develop players" stuff is silly. It is one of those talking points that has no basis in reality. The 2009 Bama team was like OSU last year, a lot of the best players were young. So people are just now starting to see their players make an impact in the NFL with the last 3 draft classes.

They have the same S&C program as OSU, FSU, UF, LSU, etc. Depth charts are just as loaded at those schools too. There isn't anything Bama does that hurts a players NFL future.

So it Depends how you define "pan out". most of Sabans draft picks are from 2012-2015 draft, yet they don't have 10 pro bowl rings so people claim they are busts.

Here are some more guys from Saban draft classes that are starters.

DJ fluker
donta Hightower
Kareem Jackson
Rolondo McClain (head case but played well for Dallas last year)
CJ Mosley (kid will be a superstar at Baltimore)
Andre Smith
Chance warmack

They have had a few high profile busts, but so does everyone else. Remember FSUs previous 1st Round QBs? The average NFL career is around 3 years. FSU broke a record with like 30 picks in three years, and half of those guys will be car salesmen soon. It is a meat grinder and it takes some luck and ridiculous talent to last 10+ seasons and become an Ed Reed or Andre Johnson.

Last edited:
...Or Frank Gore, or Willis McGahee, or Clinton Portis, or Ray Lewis, or Calais Campbell, or Jon Beason, or Warren Sapp, or Reggie Wayne, or Brandon Meriweather, or Santana Moss...

Advertisement
Back