Shaq Quarterman- Bama comin

Its only two players from bama doing something worth a **** in the league and they play for the packers. Lol at naming Julio. He cant even stay healthy for a whole season.

Advertisement
We're such losers lol I'm glad I don't come to this website as much any more. Nothing but losing on here from recruits to games this university is a nexus of losing lol.

Drops Mic and walks off stage...

Lmao @ the list of busts from bama in the nfl and lmao @ the list of top recruits that never get a shot to even play at bama. Every position has three 5 stars at minimum. Look at all the top recruits who didnt even get a chance

For the record in my opinion shaq would get burn at bama no question to be clear

Also a miami hurricane degree is worth more than a bama degree but i know education who gives a *** lol

Its only two players from bama doing something worth a **** in the league and they play for the packers. Lol at naming Julio. He cant even stay healthy for a whole season.

You shouldn't even be allowed to discuss football for saying Julio f'ing Jones isn't doing something worth a **** in the league. If you're not even willing to concede THAT, then holy ****.

UM

Bama gonna max out the kid before he gets to the league. Feels like Bama players have hit their ceiling by that time.

So you wouldnt like UM to get the max ability out of their players while theyre in college? Id take chips like Bama maxing out players over going 6-7 with NFL talent..

+100000
And this statement is becoming false with Eddie Lacy, Haha, Jones, the bills DT and more. You want a 1st round grade. What happens in the league is up to the player...

not to be a ****...but Julio Jones would have gone top 10 from high school. Aside from Lacy, Jones, and Dareus, who else from Bama has actually paned out? Richardson? Ingram? Kirkpatrick? Andre Smith? **** Cyrus Kouandijo was a second rounder for Buffalo and Henderson started over him.

Ingram was a pro bowler... Man every school has busts... But for school that has been dominant since 08 they have a good track record... You are nitpicking and make a sorry excuse... Now you're trying to discredit JJones... Don't do that it make us cane fans look pathetic... They also have CJ Mosely... No team will will do what we did from 2000-2007... Not even our 80's and 90's squads was churning out hall of famers and fringe hof selections... It's unfair to measure any program to those squads that about any program... Bama players hasn't been as much of a bust as we try to make them out to be...

Ingram made a pro bowl and he didnt even rush for 1000 yards lol he was a replacement and should never have been selected.

Also, lets see..... all-time out of Bama's 49 1st round picks only 15 (!) have made at least 1 pro bowl.... that's 30.61%

Now, take Miami, all-time out of Miami's 59 1st round picks (not counting this most recent draft obviously, and not counting the supplemental draft) Miami has had 34 players that were selected in the 1st round make at least one pro bowl.... that is 57.63%

So, the arguement is valid. Miami>Bama when it comes to producing elite talent in the NFL.

And Tuscaloosa is bust-city... along with Tallahassee and Gainesville.

FSU has had 13/40 1st round picks make a pro bowl - 32.5%

UF has had 16/46 1st round picks make a pro bowl - 34.78%

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you wouldnt like UM to get the max ability out of their players while theyre in college? Id take chips like Bama maxing out players over going 6-7 with NFL talent..

+100000
And this statement is becoming false with Eddie Lacy, Haha, Jones, the bills DT and more. You want a 1st round grade. What happens in the league is up to the player...

not to be a ****...but Julio Jones would have gone top 10 from high school. Aside from Lacy, Jones, and Dareus, who else from Bama has actually paned out? Richardson? Ingram? Kirkpatrick? Andre Smith? **** Cyrus Kouandijo was a second rounder for Buffalo and Henderson started over him.

Ingram was a pro bowler... Man every school has busts... But for school that has been dominant since 08 they have a good track record... You are nitpicking and make a sorry excuse... Now you're trying to discredit JJones... Don't do that it make us cane fans look pathetic... They also have CJ Mosely... No team will will do what we did from 2000-2007... Not even our 80's and 90's squads was churning out hall of famers and fringe hof selections... It's unfair to measure any program to those squads that about any program... Bama players hasn't been as much of a bust as we try to make them out to be...

Ingram made a pro bowl and he didnt even rush for 1000 yards lol he was a replacement and should never have been selected.

Also, lets see..... all-time out of Bama's 49 1st round picks only 15 (!) have made at least 1 pro bowl.... that's 30.61%

Now, take Miami, all-time out of Miami's 59 1st round picks (not counting this most recent draft obviously, and not counting the supplemental draft) Miami has had 34 players that were selected in the 1st round make at least one pro bowl.... that is 57.63%

So, the arguement is valid. Miami>Bama when it comes to producing elite talent in the NFL.

How many of Saban's first round picks made pro-bowls vs. how many of Golden's first round picks? Y'all pull out the most irrelevant stats. You think parents, coaches, players give a **** about all the talent we had 15 years ago. They want to know who is going to prepare them NOW for the NFL. Saban ***** on Golden when it comes to every single aspect of the football program.

No update from UKnowWhat?

He is probably reading this post laughing at all the idiots acting like they know what Shaq is going to do. At the end of the day the kid will pick whatever school he feels best at and we should all wish him the best because he obviously is a kid with a good head on his shoulders. It would be a giant waste of time to reply to these people.

Advertisement
+100000

How many of Saban's first round picks made pro-bowls vs. how many of Golden's first round picks? Y'all pull out the most irrelevant stats. You think parents, coaches, players give a **** about all the talent we had 15 years ago. They want to know who is going to prepare them NOW for the NFL. Saban ****s on Golden when it comes to every single aspect of the football program.
Golden just had his first two first round picks this year. And I dont give a **** about coaching - Im talking about Miami players vs Alabama players, at the next level.

Saban has had 16 1st round picks since he got to Alabama in 2007. Only 4 have made at least 1 pro bowl. 4/16 = 25% Same ****. But keeping believing in the Bama hype machine.

If you want to Look at Miami from the same timeline (2007-2014 drafts) Miami has had 4 1st round picks and 3 of them are pro bowlers, and the other is Kenny Phillips who was a **** good player in the league until he got hurt. So Miami has almost matched Alabama in pro bowl talent with 12 less 1st round picks.

And let me remind you that we are comparing Nick Saban's yearly top recruiting classes since he arrived in Tuscaloosa vs 07-14 Miami which has been probably the worst stretch of Miami football since the 70s.

Oh and looking at overall players to make a pro bowl since 2007 (drafted in any round and including undrafted)
Alabama - 6
Miami - 6

Even when Miami is down, we are still NFLU.

I said this before when McCloud went on that visit to AUB with his parents. My theory about this whole thing is that these kids are doing the smart thing by lining up back-up plans in case we bomb this year and Golden gets canned along with his entire staff. Its the smart play. **** even 90% of the fans out there are not expecting us to be any good this year.

I do not doubt their love for the U. Shaq and Zach. Even ARichards as well. And I do not doubt that they want to be here. But there is no use in pretending like there isn't a good chance that Golden gets fired if we don't win 9-10 games and/or the Coastal division.

I would love to hear if UKnowWhat agrees with my theory.

Advertisement
Orange Park Oakleaf linebacker Shaquille Quarterman is committed to Miami but it wasn't too much of a surprise when he showed up at Florida's Friday Night Lights camp.

(Photo: David Lake, 247Sports)
Quarterman (6-1, 231) has checked out the Gators multiple times in the past so his appearance last week made sense, although he went to observe.

"Friday Night Lights is known for having good competition so I went out to watch, not participate," Quarterman said. "I had a few future teammates there, Miami commits, who came up for everything. I wanted to meet them on, I guess you could say my turf closer to home."

Quarterman made headlines by electing to wear Hurricane apparel. That was followed by what could be described as a not so warm reception.

"A couple of the current Florida players didn't really like the idea too much," Quarterman laughed. "Maybe the coaching staff wasn't excited about it either because they didn't talk to me. Coach Collins was the only one I spoke with but that's alright."

The reaction Quarterman received caught him off guard because going in, he hadn't even considered that people might not take kindly to him openly supporting a rival.

"It honestly didn't start hitting me until it was happening," Quarterman said. "The recruiting process is a business so I wasn't expecting those negative reactions in my direction. I can see why now, I was in The Swamp and that's their home. At the same time, it's not like I was flexing in the middle of the field. I was just watching and nothing else."

Quarterman wasn't aiming to be inflammatory but by the same token, he's not going to shy away from it either. He has fully embraced Miami because it's what he always wanted.

"I was just going to represent my team but it wasn't my intention to disrespect anybody," Quarterman said. "I get this opportunity, not just to play at the next level, but for the school of my dreams. People can say they don't like me but Miami is my team. I have that opportunity laid out in front of me and I carry that wherever I go. I'm comfortable with somebody looking at me as one of the guys leading the way."

Quarterman will be back in Coral Gables for a visit on August 9th. After that, he wants to witness the progress he has seen from them translate to wins this fall.

"I'm keeping an eye on if the team can come together as one brotherhood," Quarterman said. "I got to sit in on a couple of their meetings and they have some good stuff in the works. They're on the right track and I'm definitely supportive of what they're doing. I'm ready for them to perfect their craft and win some more games this year."

Quarterman has 22 offers including Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Tennessee.

Quarterman is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 5th in the nation at his position and 20th overall in the state of Florida.

From itu today stop being paranoid smh

Seriously, why do yall always want uknowwhat to come in here and say the same exact thing he has said for the past year. I swear man if there's anyone that you really don't have to worry about, it's Shaq. He's going to visit other schools. It's simple, he Needs backup options. He loves Miami and has done nothing but show it.

Seriously, why do yall always want uknowwhat to come in here and say the same exact thing he has said for the past year. I swear man if there's anyone that you really don't have to worry about, it's Shaq. He's going to visit other schools. It's simple, he Needs backup options. He loves Miami and has done nothing but show it.

This.

Advertisement
+100000

How many of Saban's first round picks made pro-bowls vs. how many of Golden's first round picks? Y'all pull out the most irrelevant stats. You think parents, coaches, players give a **** about all the talent we had 15 years ago. They want to know who is going to prepare them NOW for the NFL. Saban ****s on Golden when it comes to every single aspect of the football program.

Exactly! What type of stat is that? Why are we comparing our all-time 1st rounders to Bama's. It's between Golden and Saban. And Saban has been producing some quality players... Is he perfect no but even our all time great teams had busts... I love Rumph and Buchanon but they weren't better than Reed... I just knew McDougle and Joseph was going to tear the league a part. Every program has busts but that's not the argument. We need to quit stating this ignorant statement that Bama players are busts when some of the top young talent are star such as Dareus, Lacy, Haha, Jones and Mosely.

Bama started really flirting with Shaq back in May... They invited him out (still scheduling), and he talked with Saban this summer. I'm not a huge Bama fan but I have to admit I even got excited when Shaq was talking with him. Bama-Saban they are near the very top of the college football totem pole so if you are not flattered when they ring, your detached from the game. I have had my share of surprises during Shaq's recruitment, but I would be extremely surprised to see him anywhere other than Miami, but this is his decision... this will effect the rest of his life not mine so I can't do nothing more than give my best advise. Early in his recruitment they had that bug in his ear that he is an SEC Linebacker... everywhere we went... He and I are Cane Fans but this is a life decision to be made with our heads not heart... But once he go down there with Darrion and started assimilating with the other team members... Miami became home... His high school girlfriend moved over the summer...about 10 miles from the University of Miami campus... I see that as a sign... his stars aligning. Flattered by Bama... Yes Flattered by talking with Saban... Yes Flipping from Miami... I would be shocked....

Because people are dumb

Bama started really flirting with Shaq back in May... They invited him out (still scheduling), and he talked with Saban this summer. I'm not a huge Bama fan but I have to admit I even got excited when Shaq was talking with him. Bama-Saban they are near the very top of the college football totem pole so if you are not flattered when they ring, your detached from the game. I have had my share of surprises during Shaq's recruitment, but I would be extremely surprised to see him anywhere other than Miami, but this is his decision... this will effect the rest of his life not mine so I can't do nothing more than give my best advise. Early in his recruitment they had that bug in his ear that he is an SEC Linebacker... everywhere we went... He and I are Cane Fans but this is a life decision to be made with our heads not heart... But once he go down there with Darrion and started assimilating with the other team members... Miami became home... His high school girlfriend moved over the summer...about 10 miles from the University of Miami campus... I see that as a sign... his stars aligning. Flattered by Bama... Yes Flattered by talking with Saban... Yes Flipping from Miami... I would be shocked....

Thank you for calming the mindless tools down, appreciate your response regardless of how obvious it is that he is solid to Miami.

Advertisement
Back