Shaq Is Enjoying Media Day

Reading these updates as well as other updates makes me want to run through a brick wall! Sub-50 days away and it can't come soon enough. Thanks Poppa Shaq for keepin us posted on how your son and team is doing.

Advertisement
UknowWhat, **** of a young man you have there. Wish I could get my son to understand the importance of having a work ethic like your son. Boy quit football and it drives me crazy cause I feel he is wasting his potential.

UknowWhat, **** of a young man you have there. Wish I could get my son to understand the importance of having a work ethic like your son. Boy quit football and it drives me crazy cause I feel he is wasting his potential.

I wish you luck. Bringing up kids is the hardest job there is.

You can never underestimate the importance of a strong work ethic in anything we do.

I have yet to meet a successful person that didn't have a strong work ethic. It's the key to a happy life.

I Dwins... I was telling him that from the jump... He was reluctant because he knew he was going from 6'3 260 pound OT in High School to 6'6 340lbs OT in College... He was thinking he needed the size and strength... And I understood his positions... but my positions if you get big enough to handle a 6'6 340 pound tackle... then your hand will be in the dirt.... Get lighter faster... and you only see those dudes is when you blast right pass them... Another argument I posed was look at the LBs at the next level... they are all 6'1 - 6'3 averaging 235 pounds... that is not a coincident... from time to time he is gonna have use his hat and hands... being in the middle its unavoidable ... but a step quicker is better than 20lbs of strength or weight.
This is precisely why I excitedly suggested Shaq ask the coaches to get him all the Nate Webster film available. Shaq's a big, naturally strong dude, but Manny's defense is about blowing up gaps and Webster slipped blocks to destroy gaps better than almost any LB in Hurricane history.

I'm extremely excited to see Shaq's already great angles close faster to the sidelines because of his physical changes. Those WR and slot screens that went for 8-10 yards last year may now go for 4-6. And, that makes all the difference in improving 3rd down defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back