Shaq and Ahmon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please stop talking about the NFL

Junior years haven’t even started

You can either bury your head in the sand or realize that the guys are probably already considering the next level. No matter what you think, it's going to be something that they are going to consider and we are going to have to deal with after this season.

You can either bury your head in the sand or realize that the guys are probably already considering the next level. No matter what you think, it's going to be something that they are going to consider and we are going to have to deal with after this season.

Why obsess over it now before the season has started and make an issue of it? The future is not written and honestly who cares what they’re considering. They’re not going to talk about it, and any normal human being naturally considers all possibilities in thinking of their future.

Nobody’s burying their head in the sand, they’re thinking about the most immediate future, and not some uncertain event that may or may not happen months from now.

Everyone’s focus is on this season as it should be. Instead of being crybabies and wringing their hands like old women about an uncertain future and uncertain possibilities that are irrelevant to this season as it stands.

Why obsess over it now before the season has started and make an issue of it? The future is not written and honestly who cares what they’re considering. They’re not going to talk about it, and any normal human being naturally considers all possibilities in thinking of their future.

I don't think anyone is obsessing over it (I'm certainly not) but to just say "stop talking about the NFL because their junior season hasn't even started yet" seems like burying head in sand. I know you didn't post that but it just felt short sighted to me.

That’s not burying their head in the sand, that is having a focus on the season. Christ, let people enjoy this season. A million things could happen during and after this season, it’s idiotic to say it’s burying your head in the sand to NOT fret about it, especially when nobody knows what’s going to happen between now and then. Only an idiot doesn’t understand what the possibilities are for after the season. We all know what COULD happen. Ridiculous.

Advertisement
I told you before your boy got here that I could not wait to see him run through the smoke. He has lived up to all expectations. I only hope he gets to hoist the crystal ball high over crying Bama fans. Then he can smile and say, “I’m going to Hurricane happy hunting grounds, The NFL”.
No to get technical here but the Playoff Championship trophy looks more like a trophy now and not a Crystal ball like the BCS years.

Great article in preparation for the upcoming season Pops. I’m sure you’re beaming with pride over how your son has transitioned into a fine, outstanding young man. From one Father to another, what an amazing job you all did raising Shaq. May he have the best year this season, the possibilities are endless!

Advertisement
I mean it's the kids dad sharing positive stories about his son let the man be proud.
Shaq is focused on this season.. He thinks it's a waste of time with all the pre-season Watch List or All ACC or All Americans list (I am).. he feels that is what some writer THINKS... he feels these list don't mean anything until the end of the season and then they can write about what they KNOW... When he talks to me it's about LSU... I mention beating Clemson for the ACC and he reminded me that the most important game of this season... is the next one...

Shaq is focused on this season.. He thinks it's a waste of time with all the pre-season Watch List or All ACC or All Americans list (I am).. he feels that is what some writer THINKS... he feels these list don't mean anything until the end of the season and then they can write about what they KNOW... When he talks to me it's about LSU... I mention beating Clemson for the ACC and he reminded me that the most important game of this season... is the next one...

I remember years ago there was some QB who the writers were saying was first overall selection if he would come out. Then everyone interested in the draft was shocked he stayed for his senior year. I think he got drafted in the 2nd round after his senior year. Later he let out he stayed because even though the writers and the draft people (also probably many agents) thought he would be first overall the scouts all told him to stay. I want to say it was Brian Brohm but I am not 100% sure.

I hope Shaq, like all hurricanes, does great things for a long time in the NFL after doing great things in college. Also hope they all take their college degree seriously in case the NFL doesn't turn out like we all hope. Also hope they don't let the writers, agents, and fans over inflate their egos.

You got to celebrate the recognition. Good for him!

At the same time, I'm glad Shaq doesn't let the noise affect him. After all the Kaaya NFL hype going into the 2016 season, we can see that the only thing that matters are results on the field. Shaq has all the potential in the world. He'll turn that into Kinetic energy starting on Sept 2nd.

Advertisement
In my fair assessment of Shaq I thought he was a bit slow in space and on wide runs. I am happy to see that he has lost weight so that he can be faster

And THAT'S why your kid is gonna KILL IT during the interviews at the combine.....whenever he does come out!

Advertisement
Back