Shannon vs Tyler( a turnover story)

Canezum5

Senior
Premium
I'm not sure if this tweet was posted here already but found it interesting to say the least.
I want to know what all the football minds see. No, not the " I need the all-22" minds. The ones that can use their imagination with what we have access too. We're not in the war room fellas. Sorry.

I feel like Dawson's a little too confident in Tyler's CAPABILITY and not enough in his actual ABILITY with SOME of the route combinations.
I would also be tougher on Dawson if the offensive line wasn't giving the time to allow a lot of the vertical route combos to work there way open. The wall of Mirabal holds true though.

1st play: there's a check down open at the top of the screen.

2nd play: wide open swing to the back going for sumn good.

3rd play. No pressure at all. He still throws it quickly and doesn't even let WR work. Back open for some good yards if u wanted a quick read. Smh

4th play: Safeties flat. That's your key. You got 1 on 1. On a deep route, as it seems. Give ya boy a chance.

5th play: Again. No pressure. Wall of mirabal. A guy on the 15. Easy read. And puts a good athlete in open space to work...

6th play: weak hail Mary. I'll excuse that.

7th play: I don't even know what to call that. Smfh also had the easy check down.

8th play: I'll put it on the OC. Although, I feel like the read was right. Had enough time to look off the safety.. didnt.. also put that ball in there on the break, and it's catch and pitch.

9th play: right read... terrible placement. back pylon throw. Easy td.

10th play: no pressure... got enough time to use his eyes. Route is coming open right after the guy he throws it, too. You can fit that in before safety has time to react. Normal qb ****. Use your eyes. Big boy football I'll put it on the OC. Although this is a guy who was getting early round rumors and should be a salty vet in the college game.

11th play: wash

12th play: lmao... bruh. Throw the deep ball. Smfh. 🤣🤣🤣. 1 on 1. No excuse for that throw when you got time and a high read on his stride.

Could some of the route combinations have been better suited for his MENTAL struggles? Sure. Let's be real here fellas. The Oline is giving more than enough protection to TAKE a look around.

Is Dawson really to blame for these picks?

Tell me how?

Advertisement
I'm not sure if this tweet was posted here already but found it interesting to say the least.
I want to know what all the football minds see. No, not the " I need the all-22" minds. The ones that can use their imagination with what we have access too. We're not in the war room fellas. Sorry.

I feel like Dawson's a little too confident in Tyler's CAPABILITY and not enough in his actual ABILITY with SOME of the route combinations.
I would also be tougher on Dawson if the offensive line wasn't giving the time to allow a lot of the vertical route combos to work there way open. The wall of Mirabal holds true though.

1st play: there's a check down open at the top of the screen.

2nd play: wide open swing to the back going for sumn good.

3rd play. No pressure at all. He still throws it quickly and doesn't even let WR work. Back open for some good yards if u wanted a quick read. Smh

4th play: Safeties flat. That's your key. You got 1 on 1. On a deep route, as it seems. Give ya boy a chance.

5th play: Again. No pressure. Wall of mirabal. A guy on the 15. Easy read. And puts a good athlete in open space to work...

6th play: weak hail Mary. I'll excuse that.

7th play: I don't even know what to call that. Smfh also had the easy check down.

8th play: I'll put it on the OC. Although, I feel like the read was right. Had enough time to look off the safety.. didnt.. also put that ball in there on the break, and it's catch and pitch.

9th play: right read... terrible placement. back pylon throw. Easy td.

10th play: no pressure... got enough time to use his eyes. Route is coming open right after the guy he throws it, too. You can fit that in before safety has time to react. Normal qb ****. Use your eyes. Big boy football I'll put it on the OC. Although this is a guy who was getting early round rumors and should be a salty vet in the college game.

11th play: wash

12th play: lmao... bruh. Throw the deep ball. Smfh. 🤣🤣🤣. 1 on 1. No excuse for that throw when you got time and a high read on his stride.

Could some of the route combinations have been better suited for his MENTAL struggles? Sure. Let's be real here fellas. The Oline is giving more than enough protection to TAKE a look around.

Is Dawson really to blame for these picks?

Tell me how?

He's just cooked bro. Charred. Not even well-done just flat out congratulations, should have taken it off the grill about 30mins ago.

It's a combination of injury limiting his throwing, predictable, stale, boring, slow offensive playcalling, and a severe confidence issue probably coming from the first two issues. At least 50% of the INTs he's thrown have been flat and under-thrown when there should have been some air under the ball leading his receiver.

The biggest tell of how confident a QB currently is, is when he throws the screen pass to either the RB or receiver. Those throws never hit the receiver where he can make and easy catch and then run. They're always too much zip or way out of place to where they need to dive to catch it. He's throw 20 bad screen passes which are some of the easiest ones to make.

Play 1: Correct read, and an accurate ball. DB makes a fantastic play sinking and undercuts the route. But the throw was on the money, a little too much air under it but IMO that's more of a good play by the DB vs a terrible decision. I don't care about the check-down, when he makes the decision to throw the ball, the route is there. The bad guys won on this one.

Play 2: He's hammered drunk. Doesn't even see the Safety, it's 3rd and 13 in the redzone, if it's not there, check it down or run or throw it away. Literally the only thing you can't do is throw a pick. Dreadful decision, terrible QB play.

Play 3: Common theme on the season, doesn't even see a DB short in coverage, thinks it's open and it's not even close, easy pick by the DB and middle school level QB play.

Play 4: Miscommunication. Can't pin this on him or George without knowing the play call and the read. Just a ****** play, and of course when we make a mistake, we're penalized for it. IIRC, the DB wasn't even ready when the ball was snapped and was late reading the play, he looks up and the ball is hitting him in the chest.

Play 5: Same as Plays 1, 2, and 3. Defender sinking underneath a route in zone, TVD never sees him, pick. I will say this is an incredible play by a linebacker...no chance anyone who plays here ever makes this catch, but of course their 250lb backer does. Either way, the ball can't go here and if you do throw it, it's got to get over the LBs head.

Play 6: Don't care, it's the last play of a game you're losing by 10.

Play 7: Just a dreadful throw. This was a great play design, and X ran it to perfection. This is 100% designed to go to X, and he's open for a TD. The ball is 7-8 yards short of where it needs to be. F- throw, just inexcusable and cannot happen. This should be a TD, instead it's a momentum killing INT and lets a 20 point underdog hang around. Right read, great playcall, absolute dog**** throw.

Play 8: As bad as it gets. DB is in trail coverage with a safety over the top, if you want to throw this, #1 you probably shouldn't (he was under ZERO pressure) but if you want to, this ball has to be DRILLED on a rope to the sideline inside the 35. Instead he throws a lazy back shoulder ball and it's as easy a play as you'll get as a DB. Poor decision, even worse throw. You have ALL DAY.....move in the pocket and find someone open. This is Exhibit 1A of Dawson saying "doing too much". He's played poorly to this point, it's late in the 3rd quarter, 3rd and 10...and you're forcing balls into coverage and trying to lose the game for your team. You've given up 13 points, if you have to punt, you punt. Don't turn the ******* thing over.

Play 9: Again, right read, it's open, you have to make a good throw, but it's one a supposed NFL QB makes in his sleep. If the ball is on a rope to the pylon, it's a touchdown. And YET AGAIN, know your situation. You have 3 points in your pocket. This needs to be caught by George, or no one. Even if you don't think this is wide open, you put the ball out of the back of the endzone and either 3 catches the ball or you kick a field goal. This is borderline point shaving with how brainless this is for a QB of his experience. TERRIBLE throw.

Play 10: It's 4th and 18 with 4 minutes left in a 14 point game. Don't care about this one, he's trying to fit this ball into a window the size of a donut hole, and misses.

Play 11: Basically a hail mary but this is about as much a DGAF throw as you'll see. Yes, the game is over, but put it into the endzone? He literally drills a DB right in the chest. This had less than 0 shot to be completed. Again, the game is over, but this is quiet quitting.

So 11 picks...good ******* LORD. And what a mixed bag. A good play by a DB, a miscommunication, some "Hail Mary's" at the end of games, but then some EGREGIOUS decisions combined with absolute ****-poor throws. This is god awful tape for a kid who is hoping to play this game professionally.

Two minutes into SteveO YT video I knew it was TVDs fault. But I didn’t have to watch it to know I saw it. Guys were open. And Dawson basically low key at his presser said our qb sucks the nicest way possible. Him saying the wrs worked hard and got open is enough for fans to dig deep and understand that he’s saying our qb sucks *** without saying it.

Advertisement
I would never suggest to completely absolve Dawson

However during the UVA game I just remember thinking to myself this kid has missed every throw in the book you can throw. Wtf is even left?

I wouldn’t have trusted him to toss a jet sweep without throwing it to a linebacker

Advertisement
Two minutes into SteveO YT video I knew it was TVDs fault. But I didn’t have to watch it to know I saw it. Guys were open. And Dawson basically low key at his presser said our qb sucks the nicest way possible. Him saying the wrs worked hard and got open is enough for fans to dig deep and understand that he’s saying our qb sucks *** without saying it.
🤣😂🤣Yeah it’s the same info I gathered from Dawson’s saying that.👀 So do you think💪🏾 he’s saying “It’s Emory Time!”???

Dawson has produced a 3,000+yard passer at every stop he’s been at except for Kentucky.

But of course, he’s going to be the scapegoat because there’s only so much blame you can heap on a player that doesn’t start himself every week & blaming the HC is completely off the table, because nothing is ever his fault.

Which is why I feel for his sake he should bolt outta here as soon as he can.

🤣😂🤣Yeah it’s the same info I gathered from Dawson’s saying that.👀 So do you think💪🏾 he’s saying “It’s Emory Time!”???
I don’t know the locker room I’m. It in there but if TVD is in then it’s something we don’t have info on. It could be a promise I have no clue, it could be the guys behind him are worse. I just don’t know and I doubt we will ever know. Just the staff and the players know and they got that sh tight lipped. Pause

Advertisement
He's just cooked bro. Charred. Not even well-done just flat out congratulations, should have taken it off the grill about 30mins ago.

It's a combination of injury limiting his throwing, predictable, stale, boring, slow offensive playcalling, and a severe confidence issue probably coming from the first two issues. At least 50% of the INTs he's thrown have been flat and under-thrown when there should have been some air under the ball leading his receiver.

The biggest tell of how confident a QB currently is, is when he throws the screen pass to either the RB or receiver. Those throws never hit the receiver where he can make and easy catch and then run. They're always too much zip or way out of place to where they need to dive to catch it. He's throw 20 bad screen passes which are some of the easiest ones to make.
Yeah this steak's been Brocked

Advertisement
If Mario has any balls left, he'll start Emory.

I can't think of any profession where someone can **** up that badly and still keep his job.

Like, what's there to lose? What more do you need to see?

That’s why the Bros have been laying the groundwork for a COMPLETE REBUILD… and this big culture problem that takes generations of teams to fix…

The 2021 team was 7-5, finished winning 5/6 with a last minute close loss at FSU and we’re told that should lead to MTSU, rotten coaching culture and a 2026 at the earliest expectation for competitive football…

It makes no sense

This team has talent and the wall of Mirabal. Create a winning game plan and let these guys play.

I would never suggest to completely absolve Dawson

However during the UVA game I just remember thinking to myself this kid has missed every throw in the book you can throw. Wtf is even left?

I wouldn’t have trusted him to toss a jet sweep without throwing it to a linebacker
If you are able to throw Emory to the wolves of clemson defense, I dont understand why they are soo reluctant to play him against anyone else.. to just sit there and watch your "injured" qb drown or ride off the cliff because of your mantra of ride or die just looks moronic in action..

Dawson has produced a 3,000+yard passer at every stop he’s been at except for Kentucky.

But of course, he’s going to be the scapegoat because there’s only so much blame you can heap on a player that doesn’t start himself every week & blaming the HC is completely off the table, because nothing is ever his fault.

Which is why I feel for his sake he should bolt outta here as soon as he can.
lol Sorryrio gonna be thumbing that OC rolodex until April 2024

I'm going to have to check it out. Found 1 of ua highlight videos the other week. That bih was hard

Advertisement
Back