Shannon Sharpe on 2001 Canes

Advertisement
My favorite part is he talks about that Texas team because people love to hype that team. Great team, but a bit overrated imo when discussing the goat team.
Everyone's point about that Texas team always goes back to Vince Young's heroic performance in the game against USC. Yes, that was an all time great game and an all time great example of one guy carrying a team but overall that Texas team wasn't particularly special. Unless you're a big Texas fan, you'd likely have to go back and dig up a roster to name anyone on that team besides Vince Young and maybe Jamal Charles. I couldn't tell you who their receivers were. The team they beat, USC might have been a better overall team than them and probably would have won that game 7 times out of 10.

Advertisement
Andre Johnson was such a beast at Miami we haven’t had a receiver like him since and probably never will again.

The only team that comes close to '01 Miami is '00 Miami which for all intents and purposes were the same team.
With Santana and Reggie and Morgan. We lost those guys...and were better the next year. Absurd.

Advertisement
Troy Aikman still owes Skip a bltch *** beat down
Was that for the insinuation that Troy was ***? Which was primarily based on Troy not hanging out at the White House with the hookers and coke.
I'm not saying what Troy did was correct, but it certainly does not make him ***. Hookers and coke are not for everyone. For most? For sure.

With Santana and Reggie and Morgan. We lost those guys...and were better the next year. Absurd.
The UM team at the "End" of 2000...would give UM 2001 all it could handle...if not more...Imagine if Nate Webster comes back in 2000...

I know what I’ve seen and that’s the singular best college football team ever. There’s not a close second. The best football defense I’ve ever seen is the 85 Bears. The 84 Niners were the perfect offensive machine. That’s what I know, because my eyes didn’t lie. Fwiw I can’t stand the Niners and the Bears are my team.

I know what I’ve seen and that’s the singular best college football team ever. There’s not a close second. The best football defense I’ve ever seen is the 85 Bears. The 84 Niners were the perfect offensive machine. That’s what I know, because my eyes didn’t lie. Fwiw I can’t stand the Niners and the Bears are my team.
The Eagles 90/91 Defense was even better (statistically)

Advertisement
The Eagles 90/91 Defense was even better (statistically)
Fun defense. Didn’t even make the playoffs. A team that played slow ball to keep the score low and close. Top five/six for sure. Greatest ever, absolutely not. The 86 Canes were great. They lost. I’d take the 2000 Raven's and the 76 Steelers before them. My least favorite nfl team is the Steelers. I hate them more than I can communicate in text. That eagles D was great.

There's a reason why Mike Irvin ALLEGEDLY choked Skip out on a plane back when he worked for the Dallas Morning News. What Skip said about Troy was trash, and Mike wasn't going to let it slide.

Was that for the insinuation that Troy was ***? Which was primarily based on Troy not hanging out at the White House with the hookers and coke.
I'm not saying what Troy did was correct, but it certainly does not make him ***. Hookers and coke are not for everyone. For most? For sure.

That was it. And as I understand it, it was much more than insinuation. I’m not homophobic or anything like that, but you have to remember this is a good while ago so there were different repercussions or attitudes in those days.

I don’t believe Troy Aikman is ***, but I don’t really care either way, it’s that Skip was saying something that he knew was malicious in Troy’s environment. Who does that? Let’s assume he was ***, again which I don’t think he is, who the fūck is Skip Bayless to out him? It was just dirty all around.

Honestly, what a dirty piece of shlt that guy is. I don’t know how Aikman has avoided knocking the snot out of him… and I’m not even a Cowboys or an Aikman fan.

That was it. And as I understand it, it was much more than insinuation. I’m not homophobic or anything like that, but you have to remember this is a good while ago so there were different repercussions or attitudes in those days.

I don’t believe Troy Aikman is ***, but I don’t really care either way, it’s that Skip was saying something that he knew was malicious in Troy’s environment. Who does that? Let’s assume he was ***, again which I don’t think he is, who the fūck is Skip Bayless to out him? It was just dirty all around.

Honestly, what a dirty piece of shlt that guy is. I don’t know how Aikman has avoided knocking the snot out of him… and I’m not even a Cowboys or an Aikman fan.
I can't stand that MFer....Him, Mark May, and Kornheiser can't go F themselves...and in May's case, go DIAF....

Advertisement
He only had one Spectacular yr....Love Dre to Death...but He's not Top 3 in UM History....

Andre had close to 700 yrds receiving and 10 TDs his sophomore year, and 1092 yards and 9 TDs his junior year. Averaged 20 yards a catch for his UM career. Hands down best UM receiver from the year 2000 til present year…. Name 3 better?

Andre had close to 700 yrds receiving and 10 TDs his sophomore year, and 1092 yards and 9 TDs his junior year. Averaged 20 yards a catch for his UM career. Hands down best UM receiver from the year 2000 til present year…. Name 3 better?
I said he's NOT Top 3 in UM History...Reading comprehension is tantamount....

Advertisement
Back