Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
When I look at Houston's scoring stats on 3rd down, red zone, points per game, I'm pretty pleased. Why exactly are the Houston fans trashing him? Is it simple butthurt or do they think the 105th ranked defense did just fine?

They’re butthurt. They’re fanboys who half watch the games while sipping a white claw and scrolling tik tok. When your girlfriend dumps you, you didn’t want her anyway.

When I look at Houston's scoring stats on 3rd down, red zone, points per game, I'm pretty pleased. Why exactly are the Houston fans trashing him? Is it simple butthurt or do they think the 105th ranked defense did just fine?
Their team sucked so much like us they are happy with any and all changes even if Dawson wasn’t the problem

Advertisement
Do yourselves a favor and check out Houston’s offensive numbers before Dawson was named OC. When Dana got the job in 2019, their numbers fell off a cliff compared to the 2018 Applewhite/Briles offense. The 2020 offense was better but still nothing special. Their best two seasons under Dana were the two seasons Dawson called plays. I’m not sure what the three Houston fans in existence were expecting but considering their offense got way better the last two years than it was the two years prior, you’d think they’d acknowledge the reason. The whole “Dana took over play-calling” rumor is just a fabrication because their offense got better in the second half of the year. What they fail to mention is the second half schedule also got way easier. They played their three toughest opponents (Texas Tech, Kansas and Tulane) in the first five weeks. Even then, the only time they failed to put up 30 points was against Tulane when they only scored 24.
And scoring over 30 against Texas Tech isn't the easy thing people may make it out to be. They had a really good defense last year.

I swear, reading some of the takes on here from our own fans makes me question if some of y'all can even tie your own shoes. Seriously some braindead folks and simply miserable negative *****. We could have hired Saban and I am convinced there is a group on here that would say "he hasn't won a National Championship in 2 years, he sucks". I hope you are all just trying to do what you think is a funny schtick, and you aren't this sad in real life, but I am beginning to think you really just suck. Thankfully I don't know the bulk of you in real life!

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm just not seeing the reasoning. They were generally good across the board the last two seasons on offense. Significantly better than they were on defense. Besides sour grapes, I just don't get why they're "happy". When they hired D'Onofrio, they could just check his numbers here and see how he was generally terrible. It's not the case with Dawson.

Advertisement
Do yourselves a favor and check out Houston’s offensive numbers before Dawson was named OC. When Dana got the job in 2019, their numbers fell off a cliff compared to the 2018 Applewhite/Briles offense. The 2020 offense was better but still nothing special. Their best two seasons under Dana were the two seasons Dawson called plays. I’m not sure what the three Houston fans in existence were expecting but considering their offense got way better the last two years than it was the two years prior, you’d think they’d acknowledge the reason. The whole “Dana took over play-calling” rumor is just a fabrication because their offense got better in the second half of the year. What they fail to mention is the second half schedule also got way easier. They played their three toughest opponents (Texas Tech, Kansas and Tulane) in the first five weeks. Even then, the only time they failed to put up 30 points was against Tulane when they only scored 24.
While I agree the 3 fans thing wasn’t nice and I took offense 😡

@Cribby did you name who your favourite option was of the guys who interviewed?

Dawson to me is a fantastic choice. His system is easy, it fits the athletes we have in south Florida (crazy athletic but not the most polished) and he doesn't strike me as a guy who is worried about becoming a head coach. Happy to be an OC. Zero ego.
Tbh nobody blew my skirt up that was a legit possibility. But after hearing Major Applewhites name I was begging for Dawson lol. I actually posted a screen shot yesterday of a conversation i had with D money last Friday, where I told him Dawson is likely and he blew Mario away. In that same screen shot you see when the Major stuff pops up and I’m like “ please hire Dawson“ lol.

Advertisement
They’re butthurt. They’re fanboys who half watch the games while sipping a white claw and scrolling tik tok. When your girlfriend dumps you, you didn’t want her anyway.
Because I honestly didn’t know much about the guy I’ve been doing some message board “research” and it really is just seeming like they’re butthurt.

Tbh nobody blew my skirt up that was a legit possibility. But after hearing Major Applewhites name I was begging for Dawson lol. I actually posted a screen shot yesterday of a conversation i had with D money last Friday, where I told him Dawson is likely and he blew Mario away. In that same screen shot you see when the Major stuff pops up and I’m like “ please hire Dawson“ lol.
I think we had this convo Sunday too lol

What I find odd is that we're still doing this thing where we make assumptions that things are just gonna work out. What about the last 20 years tells you that hiring a guy whose never had to recruit at the level Hankerson is gonna have to is gonna work out for us? Hankerson has been an NFL position coach for one season. There is no track record for him which is why leaving the 49ers to coach under a guy who had to remake his staff after a year would be a huge risk for him. Forget about his potential performance at Miami.

Some real Miami exceptionalism going on with very little reason to believe in it. Just hire Leonard Hankerson. A guy who hasn't been relevant football-wise in the area since 2010. He'll get big-time WRs. It'll work out. Sure.

How many black coaches with local ties have been hired by this program with the same kind of talk of what they're gonna be able to do recruiting only to never live up the hype of their hiring? People on this board talk about players from the area going to go play in some backwards *** place in the south or a different racist place all the time. The young black coaches at Miami have not slowed down the exodus at those premium positions. Those places have young black coaches too or just have a long track record of production and NFL draft picks. And of course, bags. Sometimes all three.

A simple "he's never developed anyone" is a good start for any recruiter going up against him. You really want to trust him and Cristobal? Or sign with us and you're next on this wall where all the WRs we get drafted have their names.

Pretty funny to think that a former UM D1 and NFL WR who has gotten to the highest level, probably top 10 in the world at his position, coaching for the f'ing San Francisco 49ers under an offensive genius, with a work ethic to get there, experience playing and coaching and recruiting in college, absolutely won't be able to talk to kids. That we should hire a much less accomplished coach instead. Talk about making ASSUMPTIONS.

Recruiting is about worth ethic and personality. You have to like it. If he wants to leave the NFL to come recruit, that's a massive indicator. And again, he has recruited in CFB before, so there are people out there who know what kind of recruiter he is.

Chip Kelly went from New Hampshire to Oregon. Lincoln Riley went from ECU to Oklahoma. Need 100 more? This guy has those lower level chops AND a successful NFL tenure that is going WELL.

Why do you hate Christmas so much?

Advertisement
Back