Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
We absolutely could have done better, especially considering we could have gotten this guy in December.

Anyone saying otherwise is just in denial. Let’s see what he does *shrugs*
Could we have hired him in Dec? Yes. But if we did, people would argue it was rushed and we didnt do a complete search (like when Manny was hired)

Do you think Dawson was Plan A? My guess is no and anything else is denial. Mario swung for people he wanted, Jaycane said Coen was one he was after hard, Candle was clearly higher up the board, but for whatever reason (and you can put some blame on Mario for this) those guys higher the board did not work and we fell back to Dawson.

1. Super weird you track another man's comings and goings. Like, really, really creepy "spreadsheet in a basement" weird.

2. I was around, read a bit, but didn't post much for a couple of months because of a monster work project and a very serious family health scare. But thanks for your concern.

3. I've been here for years, when we've sucked, so you can angrily lash out like a child all you want, but I don't think anyone really takes you or anything you say seriously.

4. I mean, you still post here. After 8,000 facepalms and 30% of your life dedicated to a schtick on a message board where no one knows you. Not sure you get what "shame" means.

Congratulations, you managed to get some attention. Now can you please let the grown ups talk about football without trying to derail? Thanks, and go make me a sandwich.

9662B178-DCE4-4884-B677-33D092CF9A6F.jpeg

I think some of those total numbers look better if you account for him playing 3 less games in 2016 and most of the averaged numbers are similar.

EDIT: After catching up in the thread I see that several others have pointed out the same

Yeah looks identical other than the picks but that's on Mullens primarily.

Advertisement
No one ever answers this question.
I tell people who work for me that people who point out a problem are a dime a dozen. People who have actual solutions are the keepers.
We have too much of the former and not enough of the latter.
Yep figured after 10 minutes passed by I wouldn't get an answer from that porster.

Advertisement

Yes, I drank the kool-aid. All you had to do was ask. I really like having former HC's and OC's on staff at lower levels (thought same with Strong fyi). Who cares? You want to spend your day picking fights with strangers or talk ball?

Come out of the basement, it will be ok! Done with you, so many are.

And thanks for your concern about my family member who almost died and will never be fully healthy again.

I have a feeling Mario is still pretty stubborn but with Zo and Rad in the building and in his ear, people Mario respects, we will have more diversity of thought than they had at Oregon.
Hopefully. There's also the fact that the absolute offensive embarrassment of the last season had to have an impact on him. A fierce competitor can get his soul seared when that's the product he puts on display before the nation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched Houston a lot the last 2 seasons (for gambling reasons) and I really like their offense but a lot of the success was based on having a very mobile QB. So I'm not sure what that's gonna look like with TVD.

Dana took over playcalling or at least more responsibility, during their Memphis comeback. Early season was already disastrous for them.
499D9CC9-BD66-4799-8ED4-51F1DB8DE25F.jpeg

Shanny didn’t start calling plays until towards the end of their 2021 season. When he did run the show, it was a disaster. See Kentucky, Southern Miss. If you want to make excuses for Kentucky, go ahead but try to defend his Southern Miss stint.
4D7C184B-0E4D-4E73-B233-E9BF319E4855.jpeg

Advertisement
Back