Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Without knowing a ton yet, this feels like a high risk high reward hire. Mario not taking the conservative route.

He’s worked under some good coaches, been solid at multiple P5 schools, and had his most success recently at Houston and should have good recruiting ties to Texas

He’s also shown to be adaptive along the way

If we get Galloway from UNC I’ll be absolutely thrilled

Advertisement
Man our fans don’t know a thing man. We’re a basketball school now and they don’t really even pay attention to what’s going on behind the scenes football wise. If they really cared Dana wouldn’t even have a job right now
Explain what u mean. Tell us the low down of it. Apparently Holgorsen took over during the Memphis comeback and thats when the offense took off. One of your fan said it on twitter. Not one said something good

Advertisement
Next question: Does mean the coaching staff gets another shot or do we have to wait on 7 more hires?

Advertisement
i feel like it got played out but then became funny again out of brute force repetition
Yea it was funny at first then got old real quick. Just like my love for beer. I haven't mentioned beer in a long time tho. This slapdick continues on daily with his stupid ****.

The Southern Miss argument I get. Kentucky argument is stupid lol.

Someone already posted the two deep on offense. Hardly anyone is recognizable + Stoops

im not defending that.

Fact is, not under Dana he is average at best, pushing below average as an OC. Stating anything otherwise is a spin job just to make yoursel feel better.

Positive is he runs a scheme we all would like to see here. Hoping another positive is he has grown the last few years and it's not been Dana running the O.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not many kind words for Dawson on the UH 247 site. Said the offense only got better halfway through the year when Holgerson took over play calling. They are really, seriously not upset and said yall told us about D'nofrio, now we are repaying the favor.

seems most Houston fans are glad he's gone and they're saying Dana had to take over play calling duties last season since he was so bad...

definitely not a "slam dunk" or "homerun hire" I was hoping for but I'm genuinely curious to see how this goes...

Advertisement
Back