Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
Idiots that judge him on UK have no idea about that one year. Stoops makes Mario look like Mcvay. He brought in air raid guys and wanted them to run the ball 40 times. They had almost 2000 yards his one year. Now go look at Houston this year.
What's your take on his time at Southern Miss?

Will someone please tell me how to feel about this? Thanks, in advance.
Han Solo Optimism GIF by Star Wars

Advertisement
Friend, I know we have PTSD from the last 20 years, but if FSU or Florida made this hire we’d be laughing our asses off.

The cope in this thread is very strong.
If you hate something or love something in sports based off of fans, you are incompetent sir. Break out some game film and start there.

The funny thing is, one moper pointed out that Houston fans are glad he is gone and that Dana took over the play calling in 2022. They dropped 2 spots in total offense in 2022 from 2021. You can't make this **** up. The jokes write themselves with half of you twits.
They also had the #105 defense in the country last year. They didn't lose games because of a lack of offense.

Advertisement
This hire was about getting TVD in a scheme he is comfortable with, and running a more wide open offense to put players in a position to succeed.

I guarantee the players at Miami will love this offense waaaaaay better than Gattis offense. TVD has a chance to be the best QB he has worked with, and this OL has a chance to be the best OL he had been able to work with. He has some pieces.

Niece graduates from UH this year so watched a fair amount of their games. I'm surprised to hear how lukewarm folks are, this is an A hire in my eyes.

Mario looked at Miami's only offensive success from the last 20 years - Lashlee, and realized he needed to change the present scheme dramatically in that direction. Dawson is going to have the same dramatic shift in offensive stats as Enos to Lashlee, especially with a healthy TVD. Not to mention 5 star wide receivers will actually give us the time of day again.

My kid has talked to a few scholly players on the O side and they're really pumped. In my opinion, this hire is step 1 in the offense regaining their self-confidence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back