Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
All that Kentucky **** needs to stop. Judge him when he was with Holgerson and running the O’s that he came up in. Not what Stoops made him run.
Funny thing is the year he was with stoops they ran the ball. A LOT. And for a high average. This is what I’ve wanted here for years. Hopefully he’s the guy but should be a lot easier to bring in WR’s knowing we are throwing the ball.

Advertisement
Hypothetical...If he was OC this past season, what's our record 8-4? Outside chance of 9-3?

only real CIS-ers would say 15-0

Advertisement
my .02 is I am happy with his style of offense assuming Mario lets him run it.

This game has been and is always about talent acquisition. Goal is to win championships right? Well in the last 10 years the champions have been Bama, UGA, Clemson, LSU, etc. **** Tony Elliot I think won 2 championships as the OC of clemson and at UVA last year he averaged 17 ppg good for 126/131 in the country. You telling me the 2 time championship OC forgot how to coach an offense? Or that perhaps your plays tend to work better when your guy is better than theirs.

Dawson is all about putting playmakers in space, we now need playmakers to make those plays work.

Advertisement
This should be fun.
yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

Advertisement
Definitely intrigued to see who his WR coach is gonna be.

I'm intrigued for the sole reason of wondering how it typically goes when a historical pro-style/physicality mentality HC hires an OC that runs air-raid/veer and shoot type offenses. Makes you think what can the offense be with this passing game combined with a Mario run game similar to what they did at Oregon.

Worked pretty well for Pittman hiring Briles. Any other examples out there?

Coley is my guess. Purely speculation.

Advertisement
Definitely intrigued to see who his WR coach is gonna be.

I'm intrigued for the sole reason of wondering how it typically goes when a historical pro-style/physicality mentality HC hires an OC that runs air-raid/veer and shoot type offenses. Makes you think what can the offense be with this passing game combined with a Mario run game similar to what they did at Oregon.

Worked pretty well for Pittman hiring Briles. Any other examples out there?

Smart and Monken

Advertisement
Back