Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Neg me to oblivion all you want — and I hope I’m wrong — but Dawson has been a lackluster OC for his entire career. Dig deeper than just last year at UH and you’ll see that. I think we’re in trouble.
Maybe he learned a few things from Holgersen? I'm cautiously optimistic about the hire. I just hope Mario does not handcuff him too much.

Advertisement
Buzz Lightyear--> Astronaut--> NASA--> Houston

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Advertisement
Well, how much autonomy is Mario going to grant him? Because Mario seems similar to Stoops. Is he going to handcuff Dawson? Time will tell.
Then why bring an Air Raid guy to run pro spread when you could’ve hired a pro spread guy like Streeter? Mario doesn’t come off as a guy who wants to be counter productive.

Advertisement
Why is it presumptous? Where was he at most recently?
Do you honestly think Dana Holgersen wasn't heavily involved in the offense at Houston? Similarly, Mario is going to be involved in the offense here. It's highly unlikely that Mario is going to give Dawson carte blanche to run his own offense, particularly an air raid.

Advertisement
I'd never heard of Dawson before the last week or so, this hire optically seems a bit underwhelming to me considering the rumors of Frost, K2, Candle. But I'm just a casually educated fan in offensive philosophies so I'll certainly withhold any judgement or criticism and pray for the best.

Go canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back