Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Now that it's out - I was talking to an Associate AD at Kentucky - Mario was after Liam Coen for a bit. They ultimately held onto him. Mario actually made him drag out signing the deal apparently. He also had no buyout so they sweated it a bit.

At first I wasn't sure it he was talking about Coen or Scott Woodward - their WR coach - because he overlaps at UMass with Whipple and Hankerson. That was just pure speculation on my part to think maybe it was Whipple.

Now I have to ask him about Dawson because obviously there's that connection from his year there. My opinion without talking to him is Kentucky was a **** show for the first several years of Stoops tenure. He didn't want air-raid but kept hiring air-raid guys and putting his hands on it to effect his defense. He got in the way of Neal Brown, then Dawson, then Eddie Gran (not air-raid but still had his hands in it). Coen was the first guy he actually let run his offense and trusted.

Advertisement
i approve

1670980659415.jpg

Advertisement
Also where them apologies about Cristobal married to a bro style offense. Told it was cap and i had no inside information. Even Feldman repeated that. Why would he be interviewing air raid man? Some of yall really dont think without anger
He didn't run an air raid at Kentucky so I think it's presumptuous and premature to assume he's going to be running Holgersen's offense here. With that said, it's a solid hire and better than I was expecting.

I care more about the style of offense than the name calling the plays, if that makes sense.

Good hired by Mario in my opinion. Let’s see what he can do.
It definitely does. As a casual fan like me, I couldn't tell one offensive system from another. As long as he's competent and can actually think through the game and adjust to what the defense is doing, then I'm excited. Gattis made me want to stick a fork in my eye.

Advertisement
I think it’s fair to question the Stoops part because what if Mario implements similar demands?

However, I ultimately think we will play in space (if you watch actual film and concepts with Dana rather than prematurely ***** on a message board) and incorporate more true air raid formations. Should greatly benefit TVD and the WRs.

Gonna go watch some more film right now. I urge most of you to do the same and come to your own conclusions instead of crying.
Fair but asking somebody to call a completely different type of Offense than what they’re known for is insanity imo. Why bring an air raid guy to run pro spread?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He didn't run an air raid at Kentucky so I think it's presumptuous and premature to assume he's going to be running Holgersen's offense here. With that said, it's a solid hire and better than I was expecting.
Why is it presumptous? Where was he at most recently?

Advertisement
Back