Shane Beamer

Advertisement
If you've ever been to Columbia, you'd understand why it is packed and crazy, ain't **** else to do. Five Points and the Vista are neat 1 or 2 times, after that, you have done it all.
Cola does get old quick (I was there for 5 years in grad school after UM) but if that was the only factor you'd see sold out crowds at Duke every Saturday in the fall as well. I still see no reason as to why Miami can't get a more filled stadium and home atmosphere. Not to beat a dead horse, but maybe a closer stadium with 40k seats for smaller games and back to hard rock for bigger games would work.

Edit: like Oregons stadium, small capacity but seems to rock.

"Too much to do in south Florida" as though you can't take seven Saturdays a year out of your beach schedule.

Having lived in S. FL, most people I know couldn't give two ***** about the beach once they lived there awhile. Been there, done that, too hot, not worth the drive, let's all camp out in the AC, etc.

Front runner and fair weather fan base for certain. Not to mention the fanbase is also getting older due to us having sucked for so long. There were always fans of other schools, it's a melting pot, but last time I was there I saw 10x the amount of other schools fan gear on people compared to us. That was crazy to me, it was like where did all our Canes fans go? Bama **** in the 561, used to never see that crap.

This is the worst argument. The stadium is packed because people in the south love their teams. The typical douchebag south Florida resident is only a fan if it's a marquee game.
lmao, its a very valid argument. Loving this team is only half of the reason people show up for those games. In the majority of these football towns in the south, its literally the highlight of the week.

This is the worst argument. The stadium is packed because people in the south love their teams. The typical douchebag south Florida resident is only a fan if it's a marquee game.

Clearly you have never lived in the Cola area. They love their team, because they have **** else to love. Might be the worst argument according to you, doesn't mean it is wrong.

Advertisement
lmao, its a very valid argument. Loving this team is only half of the reason people show up for those games. In the majority of these football towns in the south, its literally the highlight of the week.

I'd counter that with it is the highlight of the week for the vast majority of our fanbase that shows up as well.

The difference is that they have a true fanbase. They have multiple generations that went to that school or supoorted it through their fandom. That's what they grew up on and do as a family.

They also have a lot more fans that feel that exact way. Saturdays are reserved for "insert schools name" football, everything else can be done another day. It's when they gather as friends, family, and neighbors. I've been all over the place on weekends and it's just different in these traditional big college towns, even the small ones. Dated a girl from Kansas, they were KState fans, it's what they did. You know that from living in S Carolina I'm sure, but I don't know if you've lived in S. FL. I have, most people just run from air conditioned place to aire conditioned car, to air conditioned place, etc.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there's other **** to do in other states. There's a lot to do in S. FL, but it's not like they're out all the time, not the people at games. Some, sure, but not most.

Oh, I’m sorry, I’m supposed to be perfectly fair and kind and gentle to other teams. Get the **** out of here, I don’t give a **** what anybody else does. I will make fun of anybody and everybody that doesn’t have a U on their helmet. Don’t like it? Too bad. I don’t care about Beamer or anybody else. They can all die in a fire.
Lol I didn't say anything of the sort. It's a Miami board feel free to make fun of who you want. I was just pointing out that I find it difficult to make fun of teams who happen to have beaten multiple teams that we we were not able to in the same season and that there's an amusing level of irony to calling their coach a used car salesman because of what it implies about Mario.

I call BS on not caring what anyone else does though. Most fans care about what plenty of other teams do. I care about the Gators failing and doing dumb **** so we can make fun of them in Gator tears for example.

Clearly you have never lived in the Cola area. They love their team, because they have **** else to love. Might be the worst argument according to you, doesn't mean it is wrong.
Plus, there are hardly any people living there that weren't born there.

I lived in Cola for 10 years and went to school there, the level of wanting to show up for games is significantly higher than in FL. I don't care how boring you think the Cola area is, fans that are still filling stadiums during consistent 5 or below win seasons aren't showing up because they have nothing else to do than burn the money and waste the time it costs to go to games. There's mofos down there that still went to games in the middle of an 0-20 stretch. That's crazy

Advertisement
Lol I didn't say anything of the sort. It's a Miami board feel free to make fun of who you want. I was just pointing out that I find it difficult to make fun of teams who happen to have beaten multiple teams that we we were not able to in the same season and that there's an amusing level of irony to calling their coach a used car salesman because of what it implies about Mario.

I call BS on not caring what anyone else does though. Most fans care about what plenty of other teams do. I care about the Gators failing and doing dumb **** so we can make fun of them in Gator tears for example.

Fair enough.

Personally, I have no problem making fun of anybody whether we’re doing well or we are not doing well.

We can split hairs about what care means, my point is that I don’t care how we do in respect to other teams - I will still mock them. But not everyone is like me and I don’t expect them to be.

At the same time there’s really no need to lecture me, about who I can make fun of or not make fun of because that’s why I’m here. I’m not saying that’s what you did, I’m just speaking in general. I love the canes, and I hate everybody else. I love watching football not just the canes, and I absolutely love all kinds of sports, but most of the time, if it’s not my team, I’m hate watching - that’s right, I’m a hater.

No, it’s a bad argument that people “just don’t have anything else to do”. It’s a matter of priorities. 10 million people in south Florida, but we can’t find 60,000 who put the Hurricanes first? If going out on the boat is your choice, don’t claim to be a fan.

It’s the highlight of the week because they care about their teams. Not sure how it’s a positive thing to say that our fans only show up if the circumstances are right.

No, it’s a bad argument that people “just don’t have anything else to do”. It’s a matter of priorities. 10 million people in south Florida, but we can’t find 60,000 who put the Hurricanes first? If going out on the boat is your choice, don’t claim to be a fan.
Not a bad argument. You have your opinion.

Then there's reality.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seriously, if you are comparing Miami and Columbia/the surrounding backwoods areas, then there are no further responses necessary to you.
You guys are exhausting with this. There is no need to compare anything, everyone gets so far some rabbit hole trying to prove a point, but what are you trying to prove?

You can believe it or not, I dont care. There are several things that go into why people do, or do not, show up.

Bottom line is that it is far more appealing, for whatever reason you think you can conjure up. I mean have fun with it for all I care.

But yes there are less things to do, and college football is more appealing in, and around, the towns these southern schools are located in.

Advertisement
Back