Shane Beamer

Those two late wins changed the narrative on the guy.

6-4 going into the Tennessee upset and then eked out the win over Clemson, before falling to Notre Dame in the bowl game.

A week before beating the Vols, they got smoked 38-6 by a bad Florida team and Georgia crushed them 48-7 earlier in the year—a week after getting rolled 44-30 by Arkansas.

This is a 2-4 football team by mid-October this year. Book it.

My takeaway is that most of the time, you need a body of work, that is several years under different conditions, to find whatever your baseline is as a coach. He hasn’t reached that yet. We really won’t know how good a coach he is until at least a couple of years from now. Then you’ll have a larger sample size under different conditions which will show where he ranks as a coach, both as a recruiter/talent-evaluator/developer and actual game coach.

Advertisement
I love the Canes, always have and always will. I do not come to South Florida for many games at all, but I attend as many games as I can within my schedule.

Also, when I think about what I would do on a Saturday in South Florida, and compare it to living near Columbia or Clemson for instance, YES there are far more things to do. If bought season tickets to see the Canes I am most likely going to damned near every game, but if we are sub par (as we have been) and there just so happens to be an event that I would much rather attend, then I am selling my tickets.

See, I value my time, and time is money. Attending games to watch us play like **** on a weekly basis, and go home ****ed off about it, is not really a display of valuing time, in my opinion.

I like to enjoy my Saturdays, when I am not working. I can invest into my team plenty and show my support, but I am not going to bang my head against the wall every weekend.

Now lets talk about Blacksburg, VA or Clemson, SC, since that was already brought up. The attendance for these teams, on a regular basis, is tremendous. That is because that IS the thing to do in these towns on a Saturday.

You want to know what is going on in Blacksburg this Saturday:
Exciting

How about Clemson, SC:
WOW
(maybe I can catch a basketball game, lol)

Now lets compare that to Miami, FL...
HMMM

That was just a quick Google search...but clearly South Florida provides so much more than Blacksburg, or Clemson, or Tuscaloosa, or Athens, or Knoxville...etc., etc. Theres nothing to defend, its just true, and you can call it loyalty if you want, doesnt matter. The point, is that YES, there are more things to do....especially if you value your time.

Most of the people that go to games though likely travel from wherever. They chose to be at that game though. It's what they choose to do on a Saturday and it doesn't mean they couldn't find something meaningful to do with their time. Likely it would be yard work or **** they couldn't get to during the week. Believe it or not there's likely activities they do the rest of the year. It likely involves kids, their sports, or maybe they watch other games on the television.

There's things to do everywhere. I'd rather hit a trail in the mountains than anything S. FL has to offer. Maybe go mountain biking, camp, kayak, raft, rock climb, boulder, rapel, etc. Clemson and Blacksburg have most of those things within an hour and a half or less.

Atlanta is close enough to Athens that if you're looking for something to do in a city, you can.

SCAR is a bit further from the things I'd enjoy, but whatever.

Id love to see what people say they do when they aren't at a Canes game. I've been to plenty of our tailgates and let's just say through observation that most aren't going clubbing or out doing physical activities on the regular. That's not a dig it's just what it is. I'd also bet that those who love in S. FL and post here have less than a handful of beach days if any days at all during the year. Like everywhere, people typically want something they can't do where they live.

Most of the people that go to games though likely travel from wherever. They chose to be at that game though. It's what they choose to do on a Saturday and it doesn't mean they couldn't find something meaningful to do with their time. Likely it would be yard work or **** they couldn't get to during the week. Believe it or not there's likely activities they do the rest of the year. It likely involves kids, their sports, or maybe they watch other games on the television.

There's things to do everywhere. I'd rather hit a trail in the mountains than anything S. FL has to offer. Maybe go mountain biking, camp, kayak, raft, rock climb, boulder, rapel, etc. Clemson and Blacksburg have most of those things within an hour and a half or less.

Atlanta is close enough to Athens that if you're looking for something to do in a city, you can.

Id love to see what people say they do when they aren't at a Canes game. I've been to plenty of our tailgates and let's just say through observation that most aren't going clubbing or out doing physical activities on the regular. That's not a dig it's just what it is. I'd also bet that those who love in S. FL and post here have less than a handful of beach days if any days at all during the year. Like everywhere, people typically want something they can't do where they live.
This.the Knicks have literally always sucked and yet the garden is always packed…in NYC. It has nothing to do with what there is to do

Advertisement

Pro sports towns..

Some of you should really try to think about what you say.

Instead just post whatever garbage your little mind comes up with, all over the internet, and to be captioned.

Are you trying to go viral?

How about all of you just keep buying g your season tickets and show up, then come back here every season and complain because Miami fans aren't as 'loyal' as you.

Shane needs to change jobs next winter. Can't win at USCe long term.
I wouldn’t be so sure. USCe has a ton of talent in the immediate area. If they can recruit and win some tough games like they did this year, players will commit and play for them.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be so sure. USCe has a ton of talent in the immediate area. If they can recruit and win some tough games like they did this year, players will commit and play for them.

If they can actually win something, it’ll be the first time in their history

Advertisement
Back