Shakeup the rotation on the dline

I’ve watched every game and I can’t ONE game where I saw #93 in the play. He is literally a waste of space. What happened to #99.

We need Silvera and Miller in the middle with Rousseau and Hill on the outside.

Yeah because Ford is too busy cleaning up the mess that Bethel makes and clogging the middle. How is it that yall think that we haven't been getting gashed up the middle in the run game at all this year like we normally do? Who do yall think is the one clogging it? Don't tell me Shaq?

Advertisement
Don’t want to hear nothing about the rush defense anymore, va tech was what 7 for 9 on 3rd down in the first half? They barely even threw the ball those first 2 quarters yet we couldnt stop what they were throwing at us

It was a running QB that kept gashing us. Not the VT RBs. Our LBs are the ones who let us down that game not the DTs. Look at the numbers..the leading rusher was the **** QB! (Hooker)

Shakeup the starting DL 100% but it's concerning how we only go about 5 deep on the entire line. Thankfully the defense isn't playing 40 minutes a game like last year but as soon as we gotta rotate we're gonna be in trouble. Linebackers and Secondary is a mess.

Defense is the side of the ball I watch the most.

I played LB my whole life from little league through HS.

It’s crazy we all know it starts up front. Bethel and Ford have been solid in the run game but literally never get home on passing downs. I’d like to see Nesta, Miller, Roussea get more snaps.

What Garvin is being asked to do is not helping him either. He didn’t just forget how to rush the passer. But I will also mention this.

Last year he had 5.5 sacks. I was hopeful he would take the next step and become an elite pass rusher this season.

We still haven’t had a guy get 10 sacks since Kareem Brown and Calais Campbell did it 06. Like literally 13 years ago!

We got guys like Rousseau on the roster who look like 10 sack type of kids. Start Roussea and have Garvin and Hill rotating heavily at the other end spot.

I don’t want Miami to start getting gashed up the middle either like we in the Kendrick Norton era. But I agree with you wholeheartedly about switching around the DL rotation.

Advertisement
OP..I agree 100% with your post. I just think the starters need to be..

Rousseau-Ford-Miller-Garvin

Hill and Nesta of the bench.

You put a monster like Miller next to Ford and you will start to notice what he does in the trenches. Just like McIntosh made Norton look better then he was.

Miami's rush defense is elite.

Canes gave up 97 rushing yards vs UNC (2.7 ypc)
Canes gave up 50 rushing yards vs UF (1.8 ypc)
Canes gave up 153 rushing yards to VaTech (mind you, the QB had 79 of those for 4.75 ypc.

vs BCC & CMU, Canes combined to give up a total of 91 yards of rushing.

Also, these stats are not inflated by sacks because, well, we all of a sudden don't get sacks or TFL.

I say all that to say, I think Ford, Bethel, Nesta, and Miller are really good in the middle. Those guys are completely underrated as run stuffers. Teams don't run on Miami which has been a problem before with this defense. I like the DTs. The problem is Garvin, Patchan are not getting in the backfield, but the two DL who are, Rousseau and Hill don't get enough playing time.

Miami's rush defense is elite.

Canes gave up 97 rushing yards vs UNC (2.7 ypc)
Canes gave up 50 rushing yards vs UF (1.8 ypc)
Canes gave up 153 rushing yards to VaTech (mind you, the QB had 79 of those for 4.75 ypc.

vs BCC & CMU, Canes combined to give up a total of 91 yards of rushing.

Also, these stats are not inflated by sacks because, well, we all of a sudden don't get sacks or TFL.

I say all that to say, I think Ford, Bethel, Nesta, and Miller are really good in the middle. Those guys are completely underrated as run stuffers. Teams don't run on Miami which has been a problem before with this defense. I like the DTs. The problem is Garvin, Patchan are not getting in the backfield, but the two DL who are, Rousseau and Hill don't get enough playing time.

This is the simple fix...and scrap playing Rousseau so much at DT in passing situations as well. Sprinkle it in...but Rousseau and Hill need more reps and Patchan less honestly.

Rousseau looking like a young Calais out there, but nah let’s not play him a majority of the snaps even though he’s gonna get double digit sacks on accident smh

Feel bad for Rousseau. Can already see the "pre-season All ACC, ends up with 3.5 sacks" season coming next year.

Advertisement
@brock brother We been stating the facts here that G.RO and T.Hill needs to start since game 2 How these coaches can't see that is why we in the predicament we are in the first place. Smh Now granted Garvin has been double and even triple team sometimes when playing . I will change the scheme up if they want to rotate linemen.
START ROTATE
Greg Rousseau 9 tackles 5.5 tfls 4sacks Jon garvin 16 tackles 2.0 tfls 1 sack
Trevon hill 9 tackles 3.0 tfls 2 sacks VS Scott patchan 12 tackles 1 sack 1.5 tfls

Start Rotate
DT Nesta Jade Silvera / Co-Dt Jordan Miller/Chi Nnoruka??? then Rotate - Dt Bethel and Dt Ford
A*** Backwards DC coaching our Defense backwards .... (Hmmm hold up wait min...lol)

P.S. Patchan (Not harping on the kid because I love his work ethic but he is like a coaches kid on the team that doesn't have it ) but he got out his lanes several times against Vtech For Example 1st QT Tied 0 to 0 @ 9:48 3rd and 7 . Vtech Scored off a scramble. The Kid went too wide Smh

Also fellas on the last drive...

Perry had WR Hightower wide open on a post corner towards the end zone if he would of lead him. You neverrrr, everrrrr throw in between the middle of the field when you are on a goal line type of situation. That's just basic x's and o's but yet our Million dollar coach has not taught this ... AND YES I'M RE WATCHING FILM/GAME NOW. SMH

Go Canes ! #I'MDONEFORTHEDAY! DRAINED!

Last edited:
OP..I agree 100% with your post. I just think the starters need to be..

Rousseau-Ford-Miller-Garvin

Hill and Nesta of the bench.

You put a monster like Miller next to Ford and you will start to notice what he does in the trenches. Just like McIntosh made Norton look better then he was.
That’s fair

The entire starting line up needs to come off the bench except Patchan... he needs to stay on the bench.

Edit: Bethel needs to stay on the bench too, rotate Nesta and Blissett in his spot.

Defense is the side of the ball I watch the most.

I played LB my whole life from little league through HS.

It’s crazy we all know it starts up front. Bethel and Ford have been solid in the run game but literally never get home on passing downs. I’d like to see Nesta, Miller, Roussea get more snaps.

What Garvin is being asked to do is not helping him either. He didn’t just forget how to rush the passer. But I will also mention this.

Last year he had 5.5 sacks. I was hopeful he would take the next step and become an elite pass rusher this season.

We still haven’t had a guy get 10 sacks since Kareem Brown and Calais Campbell did it 06. Like literally 13 years ago!

We got guys like Rousseau on the roster who look like 10 sack type of kids. Start Roussea and have Garvin and Hill rotating heavily at the other end spot.

I don’t want Miami to start getting gashed up the middle either like we in the Kendrick Norton era. But I agree with you wholeheartedly about switching around the DL rotation.
Garvin just may not be the pass rusher people thought he was. He only had 5 sacks last year(none in the last 6 games) and that’s with Jackson and willis playing. Dating back to the bc game which was 11 games **** near a full season he only has 1.5 sacks in that time frame. It’s simple he doenst need to be your starting weakside defensive end, move him to the other side because right now he’s not providing what we need at his position. If joe Jackson didn’t beat you with his rush, he would beat you with his motor and I’m not seeing it from garvin

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m sorry but our starters on the dline are NOT getting it done. What the **** is happening?
Mind you these guys are getting majority of the snaps and we have played 2 non power 5 schools in 5 games. We need to shake up this rotation ASAP.

Jon garvin 16 tackles 2.0 tfls 1 sack
Pat bethel 8 tackles 2.5 tfls 0 sacks
Jon ford 3 tackles 0.5 tfls 0 sacks
Scott patchan 12 tackles 1 sack 1.5 tfls

Backup dends
Greg Rousseau 9 tackles 5.5 tfls 4sacks
Trevon hill 9 tackles 3.0 tfls 2 sacks
These guys have played sparingly through the first 5 games yet they are still productive when they get in. Greg Rousseau played 28 snaps vs va tech... what the Fvck is up with that?

Backup dts
Jordan miller has looked good in his time in.
Nesta Silvera flashed in his debut vs va tech with a few pressures. Just in one game I’ve seen Silvera in the backfield more than ford has been. I noticed When those 2 backup dts were in they were stopping sh*t especially in the second half.

How Rousseau is not starting is one of the bigger indictments on this staff.

Garvin, Miller, Nesta, Hill

Heavy rotation of Rousseau and Harvey

Although Garvin looks checked out so I might go Rousseau and Hill

28 snaps vs va tech lol.
14 snaps vs uf
22 snaps vs unc
Sh*t is crazy at this point

Whenever he comes in, he eats. He's a tarantula, and OLmen can't handle his length. Not sure how he's not a starter.

Advertisement
Back