Shakeup the rotation on the dline

brock

All-American
I’m sorry but our starters on the dline are NOT getting it done. What the **** is happening?
Mind you these guys are getting majority of the snaps and we have played 2 non power 5 schools in 5 games. We need to shake up this rotation ASAP.

Jon garvin 16 tackles 2.0 tfls 1 sack
Pat bethel 8 tackles 2.5 tfls 0 sacks
Jon ford 3 tackles 0.5 tfls 0 sacks
Scott patchan 12 tackles 1 sack 1.5 tfls

Backup dends
Greg Rousseau 9 tackles 5.5 tfls 4sacks
Trevon hill 9 tackles 3.0 tfls 2 sacks
These guys have played sparingly through the first 5 games yet they are still productive when they get in. Greg Rousseau played 28 snaps vs va tech... what the Fvck is up with that?

Backup dts
Jordan miller has looked good in his time in.
Nesta Silvera flashed in his debut vs va tech with a few pressures. Just in one game I’ve seen Silvera in the backfield more than ford has been. I noticed When those 2 backup dts were in they were stopping sh*t especially in the second half.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ford and bethel have held up in the run game but they arent disruptive
This is affecting the whole defense, imo bethel has been the best dt so far but we NEED our dline especially the starters to be more productive because right now teams sitting back there and picking us apart when we need stops the most. Let’s face it diaz’s defense is flawed but it works, this however isn’t Diaz’s defense and the lack consistent pressure is exposing it big time.

Advertisement
last year it look like our linemen were shot out of cannons, got skinny and got into the backfield < this year it looks like they are looking to engage :

Just seems like a different style: **** even Tito last year was getting into the backfield regularly

Move garvin back to the left side and start hill at re. Let rousseau be the 3rd guy if they dont think he is ready to start. Patchan should get the least snaps.
Agree, Garvin is not a weakside dend type of pass rusher. We are clearly missing that motor of joe Jackson and his pass rushing prowess on that side of the line that was a staple the last 3 years. Trevon hill can be that type of guy if he got more snaps. He needs to switch sides

Advertisement
I’ve watched every game and I can’t ONE game where I saw #93 in the play. He is literally a waste of space. What happened to #99.

We need Silvera and Miller in the middle with Rousseau and Hill on the outside.

Agree on all front. Out of all the ends Greg probably had the least snaps and by far the most sacks. He is the next in line of elite nfl edge rushers from Miami. Get Scott outta my face. Oh our rush defense is so good blah blah blah we gave up a first down run on 3rd and 10. Scott and Baker can go serve water to our water boys

Agree on all front. Out of all the ends Greg probably had the least snaps and by far the most sacks. He is the next in line of elite nfl edge rushers from Miami. Get Scott outta my face. Oh our rush defense is so good blah blah blah we gave up a first down run on 3rd and 10. Scott and Baker can go serve water to our water boys
Don’t want to hear nothing about the rush defense anymore, va tech was what 7 for 9 on 3rd down in the first half? They barely even threw the ball those first 2 quarters yet we couldnt stop what they were throwing at us

I’m sorry but our starters on the dline are NOT getting it done. What the **** is happening?
Mind you these guys are getting majority of the snaps and we have played 2 non power 5 schools in 5 games. We need to shake up this rotation ASAP.

Jon garvin 16 tackles 2.0 tfls 1 sack
Pat bethel 8 tackles 2.5 tfls 0 sacks
Jon ford 3 tackles 0.5 tfls 0 sacks
Scott patchan 12 tackles 1 sack 1.5 tfls

Backup dends
Greg Rousseau 9 tackles 5.5 tfls 4sacks
Trevon hill 9 tackles 3.0 tfls 2 sacks
These guys have played sparingly through the first 5 games yet they are still productive when they get in. Greg Rousseau played 28 snaps vs va tech... what the Fvck is up with that?

Backup dts
Jordan miller has looked good in his time in.
Nesta Silvera flashed in his debut vs va tech with a few pressures. Just in one game I’ve seen Silvera in the backfield more than ford has been. I noticed When those 2 backup dts were in they were stopping sh*t especially in the second half.
Shakeup and rotate less. Everyone don't deserve snaps.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's hard to generate any pressure when we slant ourselves out of the play completely, miss the tackle or sack or run the same T/E stunt on EVERY ******* PASS PLAY

Sorry.

The slanting ourselves right out of a play happened again and again at UNC

The slanting ourselves right out of a play happened again and again at UNC

It's absurd. It created easy cutback lanes against UNC and VT used it 3(!) times on the TE throw back. Blake still doesn't know what happened...

Advertisement
Back