Other Sports Sha'Carri Richardson to miss 100m in Tokyo

Advertisement
It's her culture. You wouldn't say the same about Joe Shmoe drinking a 12 pack during the week of the Olympics.

Just because it's law (or, rule), doesn't mean it's right. There is a goddaymn man competing against women in the Olympics. Focus the energy there.
I get it and understand completely what you are saying. Just because we don’t think it is right, me included, those are the rules. The rules should be changed, but we are talking about international committee, so they probably never will. If you’re going to play the game, then you have to play by their rules.
As for a man competing as a women, I think it is despicable. We all know men and women are built differently and a man has a significant advantage over a woman in all sports. I think they should have their own class and can compete against each other. Hopefully she, him, her, them or whatever it goes by will not pass the hormone or testosterone test that requires them to compete.

There are multiple separate issues here that are being melded as one, but I think if we separate them, we can all agree. First its not fair that a biological man can compete against women in any sport, especially weightlifting, of all sports.

Second, it was not smart for an athlete who knows the rules to smoke a banned substance.

We can then discuss whether it should be banned or not.

Lastly, and most importantly, the incongruity of the Olympic rules (and also American society) are insane.

Advertisement
But grief can actually be a PED in & of itself, see Brett Favre's MNF performance against the Raiders after He lost His dad.

I think, in a weird way, you have a point.
I get it and understand completely what you are saying. Just because we don’t think it is right, me included, those are the rules. The rules should be changed, but we are talking about international committee, so they probably never will. If you’re going to play the game, then you have to play by their rules.
As for a man competing as a women, I think it is despicable. We all know men and women are built differently and a man has a significant advantage over a woman in all sports. I think they should have their own class and can compete against each other. Hopefully she, him, her, them or whatever it goes by will not pass the hormone or testosterone test that requires them to compete.

100% agree! Hopefully the international committee makes it right, but you right, they probably won’t.

My grandfather showed me that same poster .....back when I was a teenager.

I simply disagree with anyone equating her intelligence with her choices in coping with her loss. We all react to loss differently

Seems some here may place athletic achievement above family, mental health or many of the other choices an athlete may make.

I believe in free choice for EVERYONE. It's their life. They alone must live it. It's simply up to the individual athlete to choose what their priorities are and how they choose to live. That being said .....There are rules in place that determine eligibility. YES many are outdated or simply stupid. They must be changed. So make your own choices at your own risk and be willing to face the consequences..... Seems to me, she's done so......She made her choice, I feel for her.

I also feel that she'll still come out of this highly marketable and making big $$$ because there are more people with hearts watching her closeness to her family who sympathize and have compassion for her ......far more than those calling her out for derision.....so she'll be fine

I wish her, Michael Phelps and other smokers who've suffered from this stupid rule well.....

Frankly I admire their ability to stay in their lanes while racing and proceed all out in a straight line towards the finish.....all while under the influence AMAZING!!........ I couldn't have done it

Last edited:
It's a banned substance People have jobs that tests for weed, if you fail a test guess what ? You're fired. This rule didn't suddenly start lol, all Olympic athletes know this yet she still had to smoke. She blew a huge opportunity because she couldn't resist Mary Jane. That's sad but let's treat her like a matyr lol. They'll eventually take it off the banned substance list but until then how about laying off the dank until after the olympics?

She at least owned it , too bad most people don't do that nowadays. Everywhere I read " she's a victim".

Last edited:
It's a banned substance People have jobs that tests for weed, if you fail a test guess what ? You're fired. This rule didn't suddenly start lol, all Olympic athletes know this yet she still had to smoke. She blew a huge opportunity because she couldn't resist Mary Jane. That's sad but let's treat her like a matyr lol. They'll eventually take it off the banned substance list but until then how about laying off the dank until after the olympics?

She at least owned it , too bad most people don't do that nowadays. Everywhere I read " she's a victim".

Nowhere I've read is the consensus that She should not have been suspended. On the contrary, even Her most ardent supporters like myself feel that Her suspension was appropriate, but we also feel that reefer shouldn't be classified as a PED...it's not binary for us like it is for y'all. And what difference does it make if they take it off banned substance list now, or 3 years from now, either way y'all will be *****in' & gripin' that they did it for Her...LOL!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
WTF!!!

ALL OLD FOGIES / COOTS should be IMMEDIATELY removed and wheeled off the premises and permanently banned from being part of the USOC committee and making any decisions on behalf of the US of A .

old man simpson2.jpeg

Nowhere I've read is the consensus that She should not have been suspended. On the contrary, even Her most ardent supporters like myself feel that Her suspension was appropriate, but we also feel that reefer shouldn't be classified as a PED...it's not binary for us like it is for y'all. And what difference does it make if they take it off banned substance list now, or 3 years from now, either way y'all will be *****in' & gripin' that they did it for Her...LOL!!!
”Yall”? I’m not *****ing ,I’m talking for all the people acting like she’s a victim. As I said “ she owned up to it”. I don’t watch the Olympics or track, so whatever. I don’t smoke , never have but once again I don’t care if they legalize it in the olympics or not. Lastly you said “ you and her supporters say it’s “ appropriate“ which is bs , every video I watch or comments I read from a supporter is them crying or talking some crazy conspiracy theory. Majority of comments are people ripping the rule not the person who knowingly broke the rule.

Last edited:
If she was white the stories would be about how selfish she is and what a bad teammate she is for doing this. How her white privilege made her think she was above the rules and didn't need to follow them. But since she's black the story is about the oppressive racist rule that's holding her back from doing whatever she wants.

If she was white the stories would be about how selfish she is and what a bad teammate she is for doing this. How her white privilege made her think she was above the rules and didn't need to follow them. But since she's black the story is about the oppressive racist rule that's holding her back from doing whatever she wants.

Michael Phelps, Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens, & Mark McGwire, among others, took all kinds of heat for their drug and/or PED use, not once did I read any articles using White privilege as an excuse, so you're 100% wrong.

As far as Black athletes are concerned, just last year 2 Namibian women were suspended from running the 400M because they had "NATURALLY high testosterone"... they just made up a rule out of nowhere that Black women can't where certain swim caps even though it's been proven not to give you an advantage...but, they're letting a whole ***, chemically altered man compete in women's weightlifting. IDK if race is involved, but it makes you wonder.

Advertisement
Michael Phelps, Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens, & Mark McGwire, among others, took all kinds of heat for their drug and/or PED use, not once did I read any articles using White privilege as an excuse, so you're 100% wrong.

As far as Black athletes are concerned, just last year 2 Namibian women were suspended from running the 400M because they had "NATURALLY high testosterone"... they just made up a rule out of nowhere that Black women can't where certain swim caps even though it's been proven not to give you an advantage...but, they're letting a whole ***, chemically altered man compete in women's weightlifting. IDK if race is involved, but it makes you wonder.
All of those happened prior to 2020.

If you think coverage of anything, particularly race related which everything now is, is the same as prior to last year you haven't turned on a TV since '19.

Advertisement
If you think coverage of anything, particularly race related which everything now is, is the same as prior to last year you haven't turned on a TV since '19.

I don't disagree that news coverage is a lot more race related these days, but never was White privilege used in relation to the names I mentioned. Although some people have compared Phelps & Richardson's situation, that's quickly shut down because Phelps was suspended for 3 month for taking a picture with a bong.

Dumb for her to break an obvious rule that’s been around forever. But honestly why do people care about drugs in sports? I say bring make it all legal. Baseball was more fun with PEDs. I guarantee you every other sport would be too.

Advertisement
Back