Other Sports Sha'Carri Richardson to miss 100m in Tokyo

Advertisement
Outside of water and approved stuff, why would you put any substance into your body the committee deems restricted or illegal. I toke a little bit around friends who still indulge, but even back inn HS and college, I never liked females who got high. Just my thing.

Advertisement
So when did weed become a performance enhancing drug, it is sort of the opposite, and its legal in many states.
I agree. To clarify, while legal in most states, the rules are determined by the USATF and they usually follow the governing body for all track worldwide, which I believe is world athletics (used to be IAAF).

I’ve been following baby girl since her freshman year at LSU. She’s Fa sho next….sad what she’s been through. When she went into the stands and hugged her grandma like a little baby, it felt like she had weight on her shoulders.

The studies the WADA based it's no marijuana policy on are not even remotely conclusive.

Advertisement
Sort of. Said she used it as a coping mechanism. Sorry for her loss, but if you're going to own it, you don't put it on that.
It’s hard to say because we don’t know if she tokes on the reg or not. I would lean towards not if she gets tested on the reg and this is her first offense. If that’s the case then her using it as a coping mechanism is valid and by admitting that on national television she did own it. Either way you are right though knowing that she gets tested I don’t know WTF she was thinking? I still have compassion for her because everyone makes mistakes and that is an EXTREMELY HARD situation to deal with and everyone copes in different ways. Also why in the **** is weed considered a performance enhancing drug? I can’t wait until the world finally looks at weed in a positive light and not like a hard drug with criminal connotations. It has so many useful possibilities in the medical field once it becomes decriminalized and can be studied and applied productively. With all that being said, if it’s on the list of banned substances from the committee all of that doesn’t matter and anyone that gets caught using it should be disqualified because unfortunately those are the rules. Hopefully that changes soon and I am rooting for her and don’t look at her any differently.

1625239951737.png

Advertisement
If it’s against the rules then just don’t do it. We all have ways of coping, but I still don’t see that as an excuse. You’re on the worlds stage and getting ready to topple the records books, but toss it aside for a bit of weed?? We all greave in our own ways, and when my dad passed from suicide I didn’t think of doing anything that would jeopardize my life and career. Get drunk, punch a wall, yell at anything and everything, but don’t jeopardize your future. Hopefully she can get past this and continue on. Losing someone you are close to sucks, but as everything else it will pass and just try to remember all the good times and happy memories.

If it’s against the rules then just don’t do it. We all have ways of coping, but I still don’t see that as an excuse. You’re on the worlds stage and getting ready to topple the records books, but toss it aside for a bit of weed?? We all greave in our own ways, and when my dad passed from suicide I didn’t think of doing anything that would jeopardize my life and career. Get drunk, punch a wall, yell at anything and everything, but don’t jeopardize your future. Hopefully she can get past this and continue on. Losing someone you are close to sucks, but as everything else it will pass and just try to remember all the good times and happy memories.

It's her culture. You wouldn't say the same about Joe Shmoe drinking a 12 pack during the week of the Olympics.

Just because it's law (or, rule), doesn't mean it's right. There is a goddaymn man competing against women in the Olympics. Focus the energy there.

Advertisement
sorry for your lost first and foremost.... but we all come from different backgrounds so it's hard to say we all have ways of coping but thats not an excuse.... lol obviously it was her way to cope with something traumatic that happened to her she's also young as well shes 21 she'll learn and she still has a chance to run possible at the olympics.

So I read her mother passed away the day before the positive test. I understand the whole, “it’s dumb to smoke weed if you know your being tested!” crowd but, we all cope differently. That may just explain WTF she was thinking.

But grief can actually be a PED in & of itself, see Brett Favre's MNF performance against the Raiders after He lost His dad.

So when did weed become a performance enhancing drug, it is sort of the opposite, and its legal in many states.
Since when does that matter if your job that you’re willingly doing restricts it?

The sport is a farce.

Marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug. This isn’t “doping”. Same sh*t as when athletes were getting banned for coffee but the East Germans were doped to the gills.

Even today most competitors are actual doping doping, using PEDs, and they get away with it

Athletics needs to get its sh*t together

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back