SFSN.tv thread#Football

That sounds good in theory. But you cant ask a 5 star stud from South Florida, who also btw has been splitting carries and has been in the shadow of another 5 star RB for his entire HS career, to come to UM and sit behind Duke for one more year and compete with Yearby, Gus and god knows who else...When he can go to UF and play ASAP.

We all know Cook would run circles around Kelvin Taylor and whoever else they have over there at RB. I would LOVE LOVE to get Cook too but he is just trying to be respectful of the hometown team at this point by his comments. Which I def appreciate from him.

Advertisement
We need Cook

Yearby is nice and all....but he's got no wheels. We need Dalvin

What a ridiculous statement. He's a very fast player. "he's got no wheels" implies he's a slow back. He's not. Just because a few are faster doesn't make him slow.

We need Cook

Yearby is nice and all....but he's got no wheels. We need Dalvin

He's fast enough for you, old man.

611.jpg

Advertisement
Gotta agree on the Gio Bernard. Very similar backs IMO.

I can see Gore in the pros as a decent comparison, but Gore is/was definately bigger. Solid inch or 2 and 20 pounds.

This kid has vision. He doesn't have game breaking speed but I'd take vision over speed any day and its not like he's slow. Kid just knows how to run, can't teach what he's got. He is always in space that he has generated, and its not like he is playing slouches. He is an instant impact player IMO, and will be ready to be the dude by his true Sophomore year.

I will be honest, I don't think he's quite on Dukes level, but I think he's closer than people think and he has been for a long time the slept on guy in this class. True, nationally elite, game breaker.

Good assessment, but he just isnt anywhere near Duke's level, nor will he ever be a game breaker. He just doesnt have the burst to be a game breaker at the next level. All those 15-30 yd runs he has in his highlights will turn into 4-10 yd runs at the next level. Now that is still awesome, but he isnt gonna get many long runs(not saying any but many) with his speed. Lastly, the speed would be a complete non issue if he was just a tad bit bigger. Even playing in Dade, its not even close to Div 1, breaking tackle isnt gonna come as easy as it does now. He will still be a very good prospect, but nowhere on Duke's level.

All he has to do is become a little bit more explosive out of his cuts and through wholes and its going to be a WRAP..... If Mike James can get faster then he can....

Like i said after seeing Yearby, Michel, and Cook there is no difference in talent level from either one.

I'm content w/ the backs Miami already has in this class.

I can see Gore in the pros as a decent comparison, but Gore is/was definately bigger. Solid inch or 2 and 20 pounds.

This kid has vision. He doesn't have game breaking speed but I'd take vision over speed any day and its not like he's slow. Kid just knows how to run, can't teach what he's got. He is always in space that he has generated, and its not like he is playing slouches. He is an instant impact player IMO, and will be ready to be the dude by his true Sophomore year.

I will be honest, I don't think he's quite on Dukes level, but I think he's closer than people think and he has been for a long time the slept on guy in this class. True, nationally elite, game breaker.

Good assessment, but he just isnt anywhere near Duke's level, nor will he ever be a game breaker. He just doesnt have the burst to be a game breaker at the next level. All those 15-30 yd runs he has in his highlights will turn into 4-10 yd runs at the next level. Now that is still awesome, but he isnt gonna get many long runs(not saying any but many) with his speed. Lastly, the speed would be a complete non issue if he was just a tad bit bigger. Even playing in Dade, its not even close to Div 1, breaking tackle isnt gonna come as easy as it does now. He will still be a very good prospect, but nowhere on Duke's level.

his burst looks awesome to me. on top of his quick feet and ankle breaking moves i see amazing acceleration.

Advertisement

his burst looks awesome to me. on top of his quick feet and ankle breaking moves i see amazing acceleration.

I think people downplay Yearby's acceleration and burst way too much just because he is teammates with the 2014 prospect who may have the best burst in the nation. It's pretty silly. Yearby probably isn't a 4.3 guy, but when he decides to hit an opening, he gets there about as fast as anyone

Whoever says Yearby isnt fast cant be watching the same video as me. He already hits top speed by the time he is at the LOS and he is pulling away from dade county secondary players on most of his runs as well as turning the corner on em. On top of that he doesnt waste any motion on his cuts and knows how to set up a defender perfectly. His vision is crazy and he runs bigger than his size. This cat is starting over Cook for a reason, all the doubters gonna be on hush mode once yall see him in the orange and green.

Look, all Im saying is the kid isnt as good of a prospect as Cook or Sony, not that he is a bad prospect. I am very happy that we have the kid, Im not trying to knock the kid, but when I see people start slurping kool aid I try to point that out. The kool aid I'm talking about is that Yearby is better than Cook as a prospect, another one is that Lane is somehow now garbage. Yearby has quick feet and ankle breaking moves but he does not have amazing acceleration. What is funny is that when Yearby was committed to FSU he was nowhere near Sony and Cook, but now that he is committed here all of a sudden he is better.

Advertisement

Look, all Im saying is the kid isnt as good of a prospect as Cook or Sony, not that he is a bad prospect. I am very happy that we have the kid, Im not trying to knock the kid, but when I see people start slurping kool aid I try to point that out. The kool aid I'm talking about is that Yearby is better than Cook as a prospect, another one is that Lane is somehow now garbage. Yearby has quick feet and ankle breaking moves but he does not have amazing acceleration. What is funny is that when Yearby was committed to FSU he was nowhere near Sony and Cook, but now that he is committed here all of a sudden he is better.

Sometimes it's ok to sit one out rather than taking a hard stance lacking substance.

Lacks acceleration? Seriously? Lacks top speed - maybe. Lacks acceleration - ignorant

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back