SFHS REPORTS THAT YEARBY COMMITS TO MIAMI!!!

View as article
Advertisement
i agree w/ dmoney. before yearby committed, out of the 3, i said i liked cook the most. still do.
i'm thrilled to have yearby. and i think yearby can be great, not just good. but, i think cook is on another level.

I'd rather not wait for a kid whose committed to Clemson then get burned. I'd still recruit him but lets not put all our eggs in Cook since he's been adamant about Clemson from day one.

Exactly!
Golden has said multiple times that we want guys who want to be here. Men who want to be canes. If you really don't wanna be here don't come!

I love following recruiting but I hate that the kids feel entitled to something (as they should be) but with the current system you may recieve squat. Because once that name is on the dotted line it doesn't matter what that school told them. They can redshirt you pull your scholarship or whatever they want to do. You can pull an Alex Collins and say "I wanna start from day one" That's not a bad answer as I would say the same thing. But starting jobs aren't handed out. You've got to earn your keep. Sometimes recruits feel like they will just walk in and be dominant.

Are people really arguing about picking up a 5 star Dade County RB?

Yup it appears that way. It's like getting a great piece of tail and then immediately complaining that you didn't get the "hotter" sister. Makes no sense to me.

Advertisement
"I am done now with recruiting," Yearby said. "This is it for me. Miami is going to be my home." Now that Yearby has committed to Miami, he says he will help the UM coaches recruit his teammate and fellow running back at Central, Dalvin Cook. "I would love for Dalvin to join me at Miami," Yearby said. "That is my brother. I know he really likes Clemson, but he likes Miami too. I won't push him too hard to come to Miami with me, but I will let him know what I think."

I WANT THEM ALL

The same guy to shave his a$$ to win a $5.00 bet....PROVE IT

Uhh, wtf?

i agree w/ dmoney. before yearby committed, out of the 3, i said i liked cook the most. still do.
i'm thrilled to have yearby. and i think yearby can be great, not just good. but, i think cook is on another level.

Most fans with a brain feel this way, though Sony is slightly my #1.

if he's good enough for florida state, florida, and alabama. i don't mind having him on board at all.

Advertisement
Love this get, I will gladly take any 2 of the 3 regardless of who it is! Whoever is complaining, I mean seriously, one of the top backs in all the country picked us who cares?! On the flip side, to those who are using the Golden quote of guys who want to be Canes, if he wanted to be Cane all along why did he commit to FSU and then choose us, only after Coley came? You know what don't know, and honestly don't care!! Great get, keep him locked up, and on to the next one! Me thinks based on what Edouard (still can't get used to typing the name like that, I mean how hard is it to have it be Edward?!) hinted, there is a storm brewing (pun intended) with South Florida recruits and with UM, that does not just end with Yearby.

So their coach who's job it is to win games, and sees both kids play everyday, gives Yearby more carries than Cook and ppl who have seen some highlight clips of the two decide Cook is better. Wow. Guess Telly doesn't know what he's doing. Well from what I've seen in those clips is Yearby is a pure running back, while Cook is a playmaker. I think they're just different. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Just different from the other.

Advertisement
If Yeaby was a 2013 kid, we'd be gushing.

Thing is, people are worried that he's going to scare off Sony or Cook? Please...
Most RBs with a brain (Alex Collins obviously not included in that group) will understand that being a workhorse back in college is exactly the opposite of what you want. What is in your best interest is to be splitting the 70-odd plays a game with another back.

If you're a RB who plans on being a star in the league, it makes no sense to want to be like Monty Ball. The lifespan of an NFL RB is getting shorter and shorter and teams factor in how much wear and tear is on a prospect coming into the draft.

Thing is, people are worried that he's going to scare off Sony or Cook? Please...
Most RBs with a brain (Alex Collins obviously not included in that group) will understand that being a workhorse back in college is exactly the opposite of what you want. What is in your best interest is to be splitting the 70-odd plays a game with another back.

^ Genius.

Advertisement

^ Genius.

I absolutely agree with all of this. The problem is, the very same thing that has made these players as successful as they've been, is the very same thing that makes them think they can handle being the workhorse that will ultimately shorten their career. Supreme Confidence. It's great when you have the maturity to go along with it, but w/o it, you have supremely talented players making supremely stupid decisions. See Alex Collins.

Last edited:
I think Lamar's last season had the right amount of work for an RB. Clear #1 option but offense wasn't centered around him.

Advertisement
Back