Seriously, what will it take in 2015?

I believe that Blake James has complete authority to make the decision on whether or not coach Golden is retained.

Advertisement
4-5 Wins = Gone
6-7 Wins = Coin toss 50/50
8+ Wins = Bunker down because he will probably stay.

depends on new president and how fast he will move to establish his imprint on school. needs an overhaul starting at AD
& maybe that takes another year....... Al is bad but I do not trust Blake to hire a HR coach.
we need an super star AD then coach. can not imagine this staff winning more than 6-7 games and a bowl loss

Advertisement
Two things that were impediments are gone or alleviated this year. First, it was pretty widely reported by insiders that the transition of presidents was a factor last year. Shalala didn't want to fire Golden and saddle the new pres with a new coach. Not a factor anymore. Second, the buyout. Clearly it was at least partially an issue last year. Each year that passes the buyout goes down. So it should be less of an issue this year than it was last. I think odds are very high that he'll be gone this year.

If Dorito is still drawing fresh air into his fat-filled lungs (as well as a paycheck from UM), there is ZERO chance Alf has a winning season this year...so he gone after 2015.

Advertisement
I believe that Blake James has complete authority to make the decision on whether or not coach Golden is retained.

People are really delusional if they think he doesn't make decisions. Blake has been in Goldens corner since he became AD. He thinks golden is truly doing a great job.

Advertisement
Bro, seriously...it'll take a total calapse bro.

He'd have to put out tremenda mierda bro, to get fired bro.

Total calapse = 6 wins or less

4-5 Wins = Gone
6-7 Wins = Coin toss 50/50
8+ Wins = Bunker down because he will probably stay.

4-5 wins = office donut delivery cut by University.
6-7 wins = 5-year extension
8+ wins = 10-year extension plus doubled salary.

Fold it up and pack it in.

Advertisement
We all know that this is the likely scenario: we suck again, Golden blames youth (look how many guys we lost from last year, blah blah blah) and points to recruiting class (which won't be that good anymore by then, but whatever) and the administration still refuses to pay the buyout.

This program is functionally irrelevant. We are all here out of some bizarre gluttony for punishment, memories of good times that are at this point LONG past and hope that maybe against all odds we manage to make it to a BCS bowl where we can be sacrificed at the altar of Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.

Advertisement
Back