Seriously, what will it take in 2015?

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
For Golden to be fired?

NOT YOUR opinion based upon YOUR expectations and standards that if not met, SHOULD result in him fired (He would have been gone long ago based on OUR standards, as most everyone here has said: "WTACCCOGTFO" for years now)

What will it take for the new President and the BOD to fire him? (leave Fake James out of the equation, he has no authority)

Besides FIU style fights, and off field issues.

I don't see anything but a 3 or 4 win season doing it. 5-7 or 6-6, and "He came back after losing ALL those NFL players and in a rebuilding year improved!" (the 5th rebuilding year, if anyone noticed)!"

If 6-7 in 2014 with NFL players all over the place was a "Improvement" (as James and the Administration claimed), I don't see how anything short of 3-9 will be a fireable regression.

Give me hope! How many losses will it take in 2015?

Advertisement
5-6 wins and he will be gone. My fear is he wins 7-8 and he's retained!

Regardless of record, he will still be the coach here. Unless some other retarded university offers him a better deal.

Advertisement
Regardless of record, he will still be the coach here. Unless some other retarded university offers him a better deal.

I'm convinced that this is the case. NO one not even the new Mexican gives a puck about the football program. As long as those ACC checks keep coming in Gorlden is safe.

Best chance is if he fists Blake James husband , then shows the pics to Blake.

Advertisement
Interest from another coach in the job who would be viewed as an upgrade by the mass media.

I don't se them firing Golden without knowing they'll get an upgrade (real or perceived) to take the job.

7-5 + decommitments from class and he's gone

8-4 or better and he stays

NOBODY will hire Golden as HC. Like Fester and Radio, he is expoised, and any AD who likes his job will not even consider him.

I forgot to add, the "SWAG 16" class falling apart is a GIVEN. Can't take that into consideration. If he is still here when that class implodes (its doing that already) during January, then is isn't going anywhere.

Lets pray that Nebraska coach can take a sorry *** Pelini program and get it to the level of Mike The Clown London's by the season!

Golden shocked James and Donna with his refusals to replace any staff members after a bad season after they gave him the benefit of the doubt regarding the Penn State media debacle the previous year. The good will is gone. Several people on Shadows' board close to the program seem to believe he must get to the ACCCG and not collapse in the second half of the year to stay. So 9-5 (counting ACCCG appearance and bowl game) is the minimum.

Advertisement
Golden shocked James and Donna with his refusals to replace any staff members after a bad season after they gave him the benefit of the doubt regarding the Penn State media debacle the previous year. The good will is gone. Several people on Shadows' board close to the program seem to believe he must get to the ACCCG and not collapse in the second half of the year to stay. So 9-5 (counting ACCCG appearance and bowl game) is the minimum.

Nothing personal, but I have been hearing how Shalala and the BOT were unhappy with him for like 4 years now. It will take a DISASTER for them to admit they are idiots now. Seriously. THAT is what Jose Jimenez and the BOT will have to do to fire him. Admit that they are morons, and supported this clown since 2011.

Please, FAU! Signature win!

Interest from another coach in the job who would be viewed as an upgrade by the mass media.

I don't se them firing Golden without knowing they'll get an upgrade (real or perceived) to take the job.

BUTCH DAVIS SAYS HELLO

Advertisement
6 wins or less. ACC rookie of the year at qb, defense full of play makers. If he doesn't take the leash off and go for the kill in games not against savannah st., he's done.

Your guess is as good as mine.

By most standards, he should've already been canned. At the very least, his hand should've been forced to replace his BFF if not this past season, certainly the one before.

Does anyone in power care anymore? What are we contractually obligated to with this guy? Those are the only two questions that matter.

Should we have another season like this last and nothing be done, I'm out. They can shut the program down for all I'llcare, but I'll have seen enough and rather live with great memories of the past.

Nothing, the new President buys him another full year. 2016 season will be luke warm for his job status

LqiHbJP.gif

Advertisement
Back