Serious Question For Yall Applauding Manny's House Cleaning? ...

Hargre22

Recruit
Banned
Other than Searels and little Jon, why are yall so happy to see the other assistants go when it was Mork who was responsible for the crappy offense? And who do you replace them with from a recruiting standpoint? After all, all we were asking for was a proven OC right? My point is that some of yall already falling into the trap of blindly supporting the new coach! Don't get me wrong, I like Manny and honestly believe he CAN succeed at UM, but I'm in wait and see mode til he hires a quality staff, and I suggest some of you take the same approach to avoid getting burnt again.

Advertisement
Well I have to give Manny the benefit of the doubt when he says he wants a fast, aggressive and violent offense, he clearly doesn’t see these coaches as the guys to do the job. We may have lost a couple decent recruiters but none of these guys were untouchable as coaches.
At offense every single position underperformed and that may have been a product of the offense (or lack of) but it’s better to clean house and let the new OC bring in his guys.

Advertisement
Hartley has been here during a time of great development by Njoku, Herendon and now Jordan. Mallory has also shown flashes of what he can be.

That's an awful lot of good players becoming great or showing potential for greatness during his time here.

So he's either really lucky or can coach TEs.

Can't say I agree with this firing.

Advertisement
Dugans and Brown had coordinator titles. Right?

Brown being the OC. Dugans being the Pass game coordinator.

I’m assuming he might’ve asked them both to step down to position roles exclusively - maybe that conversation didn’t go well.

That’s just a shot in the dark tho....

Yet all everyone was asking for PRIOR to Mork stepping down was a OC???

What the **** are you talking about? People were calling for Searles and Jr to kick rocks for a couple years.

Brown was a fake tough guy who never took blame for ****** results.

Dugans tried fighting one of his players and his WR rotation was a ******* joke.

I’d been ok with keeping Hartley as TE coach only, but if meant him leaving to get rid of the others, then fine with me.

Advertisement
Other than Searels and little Jon, why are yall so happy to see the other assistants go when it was Mork who was responsible for the crappy offense? And who do you replace them with from a recruiting standpoint? After all, all we were asking for was a proven OC right? My point is that some of yall already falling into the trap of blindly supporting the new coach! Don't get me wrong, I like Manny and honestly believe he CAN succeed at UM, but I'm in wait and see mode til he hires a quality staff, and I suggest some of you take the same approach to avoid getting burnt again.

I said it before. Every fingerprint carries with it a memory(ies). El Jefe wasted no time in ensuring no fingerprints from the previous Offensive staff remained on the Cartel. That's it.

We can blame mark for everything but the facts are that every aspect of our offense was aweful. Receivers couldn’t catch, running backs couldn’t break 20 yards in the bowl game, quarterbacks couldn’t complete a pass to the right team, offensive line couldn’t block, tight ends couldn’t stay on the field and special teams was at a program worst.

The fact is we have to let our new OC pick his staff and guys that run his scheme. We don’t know the inner workings of that locker room they may have whole heartedly believed in Richts system which I’m guessing they did because they were all Richt guys. Manny may have informed some of them that they would be under review for position coaches and they wanted to keep their titles as OC and running game coordinator and so the whole staff just did not agree with the changes. Point is we just don’t know but what we do know is every aspect of the offense sucked And it cannot all be blamed on a bad line and a bad quarterback sometimes it goes deeper than that.

So hats off to Manny Diaz for being a savage coach that is willing to do what it takes to win

Advertisement

Any OC worth his salt will want to bring in his own staff. Those are all Richts hires that share his offensive philosophy.

I give him credit for having the guts to fire people he’s worked with the last three years. It’s an indictment on what he thought of their work. He could have waited until he hired his OC and let them decide but he knew the problems in the locker room and lack of coaching the players received.

I wish dugans & Hartley would’ve stayed but truth is those guys as our OCs would’ve been bad news.

Brown needed to go he’s a racebaiting finger pointer who loved to trash talk kids publicly.

What the **** are you talking about? People were calling for Searles and Jr to kick rocks for a couple years.

Brown was a fake tough guy who never took blame for ****** results.

Dugans tried fighting one of his players and his WR rotation was a ******* joke.

I’d been ok with keeping Hartley as TE coach only, but if meant him leaving to get rid of the others, then fine with me.
I mentioned Searles and Lil Jon in the opening paragraph, graduate...

Advertisement
Back