Serious question, does the team practice soft?

Chuckles

Junior
We all know about the ice cream and the goofy games, that doesn't mean much if the practices are intense. Those who have been around for a while remember JJ saying he had to cut practice short because they "were killing" each other.

So who's seen a number of practices and how hard were they? How do they compare to pre-AG?
I hear the horns, but is there a lot of standing around with only starters participating? Was it hard hitting or was it more "instructional" to keep players from getting injured? How much development is going on with second, third, and fourth stringers?

Advertisement
We all know about the ice cream and the goofy games, that doesn't mean much if the practices are intense. Those who have been around for a while remember JJ saying he had to cut practice short because they "were killing" each other.

So who's seen a number of practices and how hard were they? How do they compare to pre-AG?
I hear the horns, but is there a lot of standing around with only starters participating? Was it hard hitting or was it more "instructional" to keep players from getting injured? How much development is going on with second, third, and fourth stringers?

Soft & Sweet, just like the corches.

logo.jpg

In season practices with the exception of one practice a weak should be "soft".

Advertisement
Joke right?

A better answer would be: Joke right, because ________________ . What aren't you sharing?

I am long winded usually but I thought everyone understood. Al had team working hard NOT hitting hard. Based on the tackling, they appear to never hit in practice. Al was and is a gym champ type guy. His film from college is working out in shorts, not plays in game during games. I have no inside information to share. Some things you just discern from observation of visible facts.

Joke right?

A better answer would be: Joke right, because ________________ . What aren't you sharing?

I am long winded usually but I thought everyone understood. Al had team working hard NOT hitting hard. Based on the tackling, they appear to never hit in practice. Al was and is a gym champ type guy. His film from college is working out in shorts, not plays in game during games. I have no inside information to share. Some things you just discern from observation of visible facts.

Judging from results I agree. I'm hoping to learn more than about ice cream parties, lots of fun, running through dildoe racks, etc. I know that access to practices are more limited than to military weapons, yet some still get to see them.

That actually reminded me of the Golden "Depth Charts", the "or" part..... you know... Elder or Howard. **** like that. Bet JJ never put out a depth chart like he did. I recall players saying they would't come out in practice because the next guy would take the job. Al pussified UM football. Period. "or", ****, he didn't even know who was the best on his own team! Let that sink in. I also would like to propose we never mention that overpaid sad excuse of a football coach again on this site! Let's move on, he can't hurt us anymore, can he?

Advertisement
How about that RB that appeared to be stopped and then took off on a long gain, it's painful for me to recall? The back kept moving forward and the "gang tacklers" appeared to be waiting for a whistle. Is that a learned trait from practices where the staff doesn't want our starting backs hurt?

Joke right?

Judging from results I agree. I'm hoping to learn more than about ice cream parties, lots of fun, running through dildoe racks, etc. I know that access to practices are more limited than to military weapons, yet some still get to see them.

Military weapons I can help with. WWI, II and Nam in ample supply.

Advertisement
They obviously don't do enough in practice. They can't tackle, takes them a full half of football to get into any kind of rhythm, it takes injuries to guys to get other guys chances (i.e punt return and corn elder taking over for Berrios) and then they turn out better than who was starting. Add in the fact that guys are always out of position and never know what they are doing. Oh and penalties over and over.

They had to just go based off who ran through ****** better, who put on the most weight, or whatever else Al seemed to emphasize, instead of the guy that actually makes plays and wins the job in practice.

Advertisement
Ferman mentioned on his podcast that he does not like the way this team practices. Said it's not at the level or intensity it needs to be at.

During the jimmy and Butch days, players will tell you that the practices were harder and more physical than the games. Game days were a cake walk compared to practices. We need toughness, we need resilience, we need Butch back. #BBB

soft.jpg

Advertisement
Back