Senior Night vs BC

Advertisement
I’m not saying we shouldn’t hit the portal moving forward, but I think it’s pretty clear that our core cannot consist of portal guys. This squad shows the same traits that all selfish, losing teams do. We cannot just look at the portal as way to grab talent. It has to fit culturally (Norchad fits the mold). This year the culture/chemistry/team never came together and it’s blatantly obvious, and that does fall on the coaching staff for assembling this roster. I also don’t think L just forgot how to coach basketball. Was he great? No. But I genuinely think this might be L’s first taste of the NIL era modern player, and his style (which relies on toughness, high IQ and complete buy in), just never took with this group of individuals. I say individuals because that’s what they play as.

This team, while talented, plays like mental midgets and folds at the first sign of any adversity. The only one who steps up to the big moments and competition is Norchad.

Advertisement
I’ve got a few thoughts on this season and I’m sure no one really cares but I’m going to share them after our next two losses.

Miami will finish #14 in the ACC on a 8 game losing streak.
It was only 8 months ago that a lot of people thought Miami would win 14 games in the ACC as they make another run at the Final Four.
Shocking how this season has gone.
I’ve got good news for you. We get to lose one more game on Saturday to FSU before the season is actually over. So it will be 9 games.

Miami will finish #14 in the ACC on a 8 game losing streak.
It was only 8 months ago that a lot of people thought Miami would win 14 games in the ACC as they make another run at the Final Four.
Shocking how this season has gone.
I'm sure you weren't one of those people. Now you can dance on their graves for the next 9 months you miserable tool

Advertisement
Less than 12 months removed from the program’s first ever F4 and you guys are back on the fire L bull****. Jesus Christ. College basketball is driven by guard play and this team has taken a major step back in that regard (especially since Pack got injured), and while you can fault L for not recruiting a backfill for Wong, we have it coming next year. This is a team full of role players without a star.

Then again half of the posters here seem to think an Omier/Nwoko front court wouldn’t get boat-raced off the floor most nights so maybe it makes sense.

Advertisement
I’m not saying we shouldn’t hit the portal moving forward, but I think it’s pretty clear that our core cannot consist of portal guys. This squad shows the same traits that all selfish, losing teams do. We cannot just look at the portal as way to grab talent. It has to fit culturally (Norchad fits the mold). This year the culture/chemistry/team never came together and it’s blatantly obvious, and that does fall on the coaching staff for assembling this roster. I also don’t think L just forgot how to coach basketball. Was he great? No. But I genuinely think this might be L’s first taste of the NIL era modern player, and his style (which relies on toughness, high IQ and complete buy in), just never took with this group of individuals. I say individuals because that’s what they play as.

This team, while talented, plays like mental midgets and folds at the first sign of any adversity. The only one who steps up to the big moments and competition is Norchad.
I agree with you in general but pack/omier were already here and a part of the final 4 team that had 3 portal players in the starting 5... so outside of adding Cleveland, miami didnt really change the dynamic with a bunch of portal additions. I just think this group never meshed and was banged up all yr. Once they got behind the 8 ball they stopped caring. I knew Wong and Miller would be big losses but I didn't realize how BIG until things got tough for this team. Also the lack of depth and overall size which does fall on Coach L...

I wouldn't be upset, but I'd hate to see him go. If for no other reason, because I don't think there are many proven coaches out there better than him.
I have no confidence Miami could hire the right replacement. Well, he definitely should be on the clock. Hopefully, there is a lot of reflection and a lot of changes. The chemistry is awful and the roster minus 2 scholarship players is unacceptable. He got lucky the last 2 years. It has now bit him in the *** 4 of the last 6 years.

Advertisement
This team makes me want to rip my eyes out, but provided Norchad comes back, I don't think this team is nearly as far off as most of you. We just desperately need a guy or two who can dribble and pass.

Norchad seems caught in between doing what’s best for the team (being an interior presence) and what’s best for his nba chances (shooting 3’s, dribble drive, turn around shots)

I have no confidence Miami could hire the right replacement. Well, he definitely should be on the clock. Hopefully, there is a lot of reflection and a lot of changes. The chemistry is awful and the roster minus 2 scholarship players is unacceptable. He got lucky the last 2 years. It has now bit him in the *** 4 of the last 6 years.
Ok this is a horrendous take. You don’t luck into an Elite 8 and Final 4 run in two consecutive seasons.

Multiple things can be true - Larranaga is an incredible coach who absolutely screwed the pooch in every facet this year

Advertisement
Back