Senior Night vs BC

CanesHoopsman

Make Shots Get Stops
Premium

in Coach L’s presser (13 min mark) he mentions that, if he returns, he would start Omier and Nwoko together next season.

George Bethea Cleveland Omier Nwoko would be a **** of a starting lineup.

What’s strange is that the team social media video clearly seems to allude to Norchad leaving.

Hard to say what will actually happen but it seems both will be honored tomm as seniors in the classroom, at a minimum.

Advertisement
Omier and Pack were on the verge of leaving last yr. Tested the NBA waters...think both are undersized which will hurt them but id be surprised if they came back again. Also wouldn't count on George coming back. A bunch of draft boards have him top 10 as the NBA scouts love him. I imagine wooga leaves as well. Would be nice to get Cleveland back but could be a very diff team next yr

I would not be against a hard reset of the roster. Pack and Omier are maxed out as college players. George is going to get drafted. Wooga isn't ready for the NBA but wouldn't rule out a transfer. Cleveland is likely 50/50. I believe we need 3-4 impact transfers.

Advertisement
I would like Omier to come back next year. I'm not confident in our ability to recruit bigs consistently enough to fill that hole.

I'm ready for Pack to move on. Nice player but he's maxed out and not a point guard.

I would like Omier to come back next year. I'm not confident in our ability to recruit bigs consistently enough to fill that hole.

I'm ready for Pack to move on. Nice player but he's maxed out and not a point guard.
They recruited Omier didn't they? By that logic, they should be able to replace him

They recruited Omier didn't they? By that logic, they should be able to replace him
In the portal. It took a huge NIL deal and some local ties to get him here.

The other bigs we've brought in the portal (like Nysier Brooks) have been JAG's. And we haven't developed a big out of high school in years, with Izundu being the last one who turned into anything decent.

Advertisement

Gotta think Norchad is even more frustrated than most players by L's inability to recruit any complementary bigs to help him this season. I doubt the idea of Nwoko playing alongside him will impress him that much.

Omier and Pack were on the verge of leaving last yr. Tested the NBA waters...think both are undersized which will hurt them but id be surprised if they came back again. Also wouldn't count on George coming back. A bunch of draft boards have him top 10 as the NBA scouts love him. I imagine wooga leaves as well. Would be nice to get Cleveland back but could be a very diff team next yr
That's wild on George. I don't see it but what the **** do I know. Although I also that Wooga was overrated at the start of the season.. Whatever, I'd like to see them get a win on senior night.

In the portal. It took a huge NIL deal and some local ties to get him here.

The other bigs we've brought in the portal (like Nysier Brooks) have been JAG's. And we haven't developed a big out of high school in years, with Izundu being the last one who turned into anything decent.
Brooks was a **** of a lot better than what we have now at backup 5 and would have helped tremendously.

Advertisement
We’re going to need to. We’ve never brought in more than 2 in a single class.
Dubious debates about having "inviting" playing (time) roles aside, we didn't get a good crop of transfers, with a great coach and great weather and a Final 4, last time out. I still think our donor/supporters' wallets specifically available to pay for basketball players in the pricey market, are quite shallow. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt we will get more than a couple quality portal additions, though I agree we need several.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back