Selling the Players Out

Advertisement
Oh heaven forbid out best player takes responsibility for a mistake that shifted the game. Pfft you guys are a bunch of apologist yourself. Not allowing players to be held accountable and always crying about corching. But Dukes play WAS the gamechanger and you could see it in his eyes right after the play happened that he knew exactly what he was gunna say in his post-game presser. Big time players make big time plays in big time games..Abdullah 220 toten yrds 2 TDs >>> Dukes 100, 1 fmbl, 1 TD

Abdullah>>>>>Duke

/pains me to say it
Its any running back >>>> duke when they play our defense. It's not hard to run there wide open gaps all night long. It's like running threw tunnels. This guy was completely shuts down by an fcs team that gameplaned correctly. There's no doubt in my mind that doesn't happen to duke. Don't get me wrong he's a good back but to run like that against us when the blue devils did the same thing against last year is no incredible feat

Abdullah is beast there's nothing to it....and that duke fumble was a game changer I feel bad cause u know he wanted to prove himself but after that fumble we abandoned the running game and Nebraska gained momentum that's all I saw the defense wasn't as bad as much as Abdullah was great...we need to win the coastal that's all if not bye golden!! Or by coordinators!!!!

Abdullah is beast there's nothing to it....and that duke fumble was a game changer I feel bad cause u know he wanted to prove himself but after that fumble we abandoned the running game and Nebraska gained momentum that's all I saw the defense wasn't as bad as much as Abdullah was great...we need to win the coastal that's all if not bye golden!! Or by coordinators!!!!
The defense wasn't hitting him in till he had a full head of steam and was already 5-7 yards down field.

Advertisement
If Duke played in a game against a better team where he had a nice lead and the other team was not making adjustments to WIN the game, he would have better stats.

The defense wasn't hitting him in till he had a full head of steam and was already 5-7 yards down field.

The defense didn't wrap up and he kept bouncing for 5 extra yards each carry on the other side we kept running stupid stretch runs in which our o line sucks at doing I just think it was a mix of Abdullah's skills and poor play calling and poor tackling... Perryman was irrelevant don't remember last time he wasn't a factor....

Dullah is good but if he played against a team like FLA st he would be in the backfield dancing alot. Probably only get 50 yards. When you play a FCS defense what happen last night is the result. Duke had a great game. I was Praying he didn't fumble because he always does in big games in the red zone when we have momentum. His draft stock dropped tonight for sure. He played very well though.

Advertisement
Abdullah was playing against NO D garbage *** scheme. Which spot every running back 5 yards on every play before they are tackled. He is not that good. McNesse shackled that kid. He is good but not as we made him look

Dullah is good but if he played against a team like FLA st he would be in the backfield dancing alot. Probably only get 50 yards. When you play a FCS defense what happen last night is the result. Duke had a great game. I was Praying he didn't fumble because he always does in big games in the red zone when we have momentum. His draft stock dropped tonight for sure. He played very well though.
When is the last time duke fumbled in the red zone on a big game and it actually costed us. We haven't been competitive in big games for years now. Hes fumbled in the middle of games like against Georgia tech but not in a big game

Did I just read James Jackson over Duke and Duke top 10?

Not arguing over which was better... but how can that statement be true all time (op said 20 but poster said all time).

OJ, Bratton, Gary, Foreman, Highsmith and McGuire would like a word with you.

Did I just read James Jackson over Duke and Duke top 10?

Not arguing over which was better... but how can that statement be true all time (op said 20 but poster said all time).

OJ, Bratton, Gary, Foreman, Highsmith and McGuire would like a word with you.

Advertisement
Duke is a great player, and he manned up. Yes, his fumble was the key play of the game. We were driving off a turnover with a chance to take back the lead and suddenly we were ten points behind. He took responsibility for his mistake. That does nothing to take away from his overall performance. The best running backs fumble at times. The best QB's throw picks at times. It is part of the game.

Man people piling on Duke are a bunch of ingnant mofos

(not that I looked these up my self, but check the Reynolds stat roll thread)
_ He’s now No. 6 on the Miami all-time rushing list with 2,237 yards. He trails only Ottis Anderson (3,331), Edgerrin James (2,960), James Jackson (2,953), Clinton Portis (2,523) and Graig Cooper (2,383) in that department.

_ He’s now No. 9 on Miami’s career rushing touchdown list (19). Next up: No. 8 Clinton Portis (21).

_ Johnson is now 68 yards away from reaching 4,000 all-purpose yards for his Miami career. He would be the third Miami player to reach that milestone, joining Santana Moss (4,394) and Ottis Anderson (4,265).

_ Johnson continues to lead major college football’s active players in career all purpose yards per game (163.8). He’s also fifth among active players in rushing yards per game for his career (93.2).

And Thurman Thomas is in the mother****in NFL Hall of Fame. ****, some of you all are soo Golden crazy, you're gonna eat your own kids.

Duke is an awesome player that had a bad play in a game that our coaches gave away before we even got off the bus. I feel for him. He is giving his heart and soul to this program and the coaches are letting him jump on the grenade to save their own sorry asses.

Advertisement
Its sad the players have bigger nutts than the coach, golden can never explain a lost and believes in the scheme and wont deal with his reach around buddy dorito

To **** with blaming this on Duke Johnson. Sure his fumble hurt, but even after the fumble, we came back and cut the lead to 7. If our D steps up, we get the ball back with a chance to tie things up. Instead, we allow them to turn it into a two possession game. Just like with the va tech game last year, we still had our opportunities but didn't capitalize.

He'd be a great gimmicky, midget freak show TYPE DIVERSION PLAYER, if WE HAD A TEAM, AN OFFENSE, A REAL RUNNING BACK LIKE THE FOUR S. FL ELITES GOLDEN WHIFFED ON LAST YEAR (SONY, COOK, AT AL)

Other than that, he is a star for a non prime tkime 3rd in the Coastal program.

You are off base here Smoke.

Duke would have had the same yards as Abdulla if they had switched teams. Kid is the goods.

The loss isn't on him, but the Staff and the atrocious D we were running, again.

He's not selling anyone out. Obviously he's not responsible for the loss but what else is he gonna say? Calling out a coaching staff in a press conference is not gonna happen and nor should. I thought Duke handled this like a professional.

Advertisement
Back