Seems like everybody hates the possible candidates

I personally am hoping we do hire Butch and anticipate that he fails miserably and watch the complete and total meltdown on here.

Honestly the board would go on suicide watch if that happens.

Butch Butch Butch! Splat....WTF?!?! How can this be?!?! Burn the program down?!?! We've made a terrible mistake?!?! Oh man it would be epic.

What a strange post, for quite a few reasons.

It's not strange. What on earth makes people think that we will be magically transported back to 2000 if we hire Butch?

Nobody here knows truly if it will work. They don't, and yet we see "No Butch No Peace" "Only Butch" stupidity on here. So my thoughts using my actual brain are...if we do get Butch it probably won't work out based on just the way things are and all the factors. It's not a smart hire. It's an impulse nostalgia hire, and that's the wrong reason to hire him.

One thing in college that differs from the NFL is that in college, talent overcomes everything else. The most talented teams are the best teams. Scheme is secondary to talent, and that is evident by Oregon never winning big. The better teams were able to overcome the scheme.

Butch assembled the greatest college football team of all-time.

His ability to evaluate talent is why he can come back and be successful.

Now, if you told him he won here with an innovative offense in the 2000's, I would tend to agree with you.

#BBB

Advertisement
I personally am hoping we do hire Butch and anticipate that he fails miserably and watch the complete and total meltdown on here.

Butch Butch Butch! Splat....WTF?!?! How can this be?!?! Burn the program down?!?! We've made a terrible mistake?!?! Oh man it would be epic.

It's not strange. What on earth makes people think that we will be magically transported back to 2000 if we hire Butch?

Nobody here knows truly if it will work. They don't, and yet we see "No Butch No Peace" "Only Butch" stupidity on here. So my thoughts using my actual brain are...if we do get Butch it probably won't work out based on just the way things are and all the factors. It's not a smart hire. It's an impulse nostalgia hire, and that's the wrong reason to hire him.

One thing in college that differs from the NFL is that in college, talent overcomes everything else. The most talented teams are the best teams. Scheme is secondary to talent, and that is evident by Oregon never winning big. The better teams were able to overcome the scheme.

Now, if you told him he won here with an innovative offense in the 2000's, I would tend to agree with you.

#BBB

He also claimed in the U that we won all these "track scholarships" because he put people on track scholarship to avoid the scholarship sanctions. We didn't win Track Championship when he was here. We didn't even win runner up.

There's a lot of myth about Butch and the truth is he did what all the other coaches had done after him which was take the talent pipeline that was already in place, and build a team out of it.

Golden has had how many players drafted since he took over? 18 players drafted in the NFL over 4 years. or 4.5/year

How many did Butch have? 27 over 6 years ....4.5 year

That's what you people don't get. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD TALENT. BUTCH DOESN'T MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

Advertisement

#BBB

He also claimed in the U that we won all these "track scholarships" because he put people on track scholarship to avoid the scholarship sanctions. We didn't win Track Championship when he was here. We didn't even win runner up.

There's a lot of myth about Butch and the truth is he did what all the other coaches had done after him which was take the talent pipeline that was already in place, and build a team out of it.

Golden has had how many players drafted since he took over? 18 players drafted in the NFL over 4 years. or 4.5/year

That's what you people don't get. WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD TALENT. BUTCH DOESN'T MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

You're drunk and you're not making any sense. Take a nap.

Golden benefited from recruiting south Florida guys who NFL peeps project will be successive in the NFL. Butch Davis recruited, molded, and prepared his players to be great in the NFL from the start, which is evident by the first round draft picks which far exceeds Al Golden's 1-first round draft pick.

I refuse to give credit to Al for Flowers and Dorsett. Those guys were coming here regardless of who the coach was.

This coming from the guy that's advocating Leach. Laughable.

#BBB

[MENTION=12778]RL52U[/MENTION]....lol. Seriously, you are definitely one of the more delusional posters I've seen.

Ok, so let me ask you a question; how many of those 18 players of were 1st round picks? Also, you cannot count the 2012 draft class b/c those weren't Golden's players....those were Shannon's players.

Seriously, are you really trying to compare Butch to Golden?

There's no "myths" about Butch...only facts and correct any facts that I may bring up.

Fact 1: Butch inheritted a team that had a sanction of 31 lost scholarships
Fact 2: Butch had to be creative in getting players on the team by utilizing track scholarships as well
Fact 3: Butch had to be extremely careful in how he were to use his limited scholarships so he had to hand pick the best of the best w/ no room for error.
Fact 4: He won 2 Big East titles with a depleted roster
Fact 5: He went 3-0 with a depleted roster in bowl games
Fact 6: When the handcuffs were off, all of his work hard paid off as the Canes went on a 11-0 winning streak
Fact 7: His handcrafted team went on a 34-0 win streak between he and Coker running the show
Fact 8: After his players left, Miami went on a downhill turn that we are still experiencing
Fact 9: He went 51-20 during his tenure here, including 4-0 in bowl games and winning the Big East 3 out of 6 years.

Correct any facts that I listed if you dare. Word to the wise, don't ever, EVER compare Golden's tenure here to Butch's tenure here again. I don't care if it's regarding talent, X's and O's, draft picks....all of the above...it's just not wise and you lose ALL CREDIBILITY of a poster here.

#BBB

You're drunk and you're not making any sense. Take a nap.

Golden benefited from recruiting south Florida guys who NFL peeps project will be successive in the NFL. Butch Davis recruited, molded, and prepared his players to be great in the NFL from the start, which is evident by the first round draft picks which far exceeds Al Golden's 1-first round draft pick.

I refuse to give credit to Al for Flowers and Dorsett. Those guys were coming here regardless of who the coach was.

So many of them come here because it's miami and the pipeline to the NFL.. It's been that way for a long long time.

I'm telling you right now Butch Davis will not repeat what he did in 2000 if he's hired. You can try and pretend that he will, but that definitely will not be the case. He'll ceiling at 9 wins just like Golden did.

Advertisement

#BBB

[MENTION=12778]RL52U[/MENTION]....lol. Seriously, you are definitely one of the more delusional posters I've seen.

Ok, so let me ask you a question; how many of those 18 players of were 1st round picks? Also, you cannot count the 2012 draft class b/c those weren't Golden's players....those were Shannon's players.

There's no "myths" about Butch...only facts and correct any facts that I may bring up.

Fact 2: Butch had to be creative in getting players on the team by utilizing track scholarships as well
Fact 3: Butch had to be extremely careful in how he were to use his limited scholarships so he had to hand pick the best of the best w/ no room for error.
Fact 6: When the handcuffs were off, all of his work hard paid off as the Canes went on a 11-0 winning streak
Fact 7: His handcrafted team went on a 34-0 win streak between he and Coker running the show
Fact 8: After his players left, Miami went on a downhill turn that we are still experiencing
Fact 9: He went 51-20 during his tenure here, including 4-0 in bowl games and winning the Big East 3 out of 6 years.

Correct any facts that I listed if you dare. Word to the wise, don't ever, EVER compare Golden's tenure here to Butch's tenure here again. I don't care if it's regarding talent, X's and O's, draft picks....all of the above...it's just not wise and you lose ALL CREDIBILITY of a poster here.

By comparison of players drafted in the NFL for the same years they were here....it was the same number of players drafted per year...hate to break it to you, but it's true.

Butch davis did some great things at Miami, but he's no magical coach, and everyone who's been screaming and crying for him will get a big wakeup call if he's hired. Then what are you going to do? How will you handle it? Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I've been watching the canes for a long long time. I know how this program was built before Butch, and I know how the talent comes through all the time.

I bet no matter who we hire, people will be ****ed off and hate it.

Very few people, [MENTION=12778]RL52U[/MENTION] being one them, would be upset if we #BBB .

I won't gloat if he's hired and he fails. I want "i told you all so", but it's just the facts are the facts, and it's not 2000 anymore. It's 2015. I know people want to relive the 2000 era, but that's not happening again just by hiring Butch.

butch will win with the way he recruits and coaches d, dwinstitles and he will easily make the acc title yearly once his plan is set. everyone thinks next year but i dont think like that u gotta build it with non goldenites..

Butch was not remembered for his game day coaching.

Dude you need a snickers you act like Joe Pesci when your hungry.

Advertisement

#BBB

By comparison of players drafted in the NFL for the same years they were here....it was the same number of players drafted per year...hate to break it to you, but it's true.

Butch davis did some great things at Miami, but he's no magical coach, and everyone who's been screaming and crying for him will get a big wakeup call if he's hired. Then what are you going to do? How will you handle it? Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I've been watching the canes for a long long time. I know how this program was built before Butch, and I know how the talent comes through all the time.

Why do you think the number of players drafted matters and not the quality of players. That team was the most talented team in the history of college football but he doesn't get and credit because it didn't have that many more players drafted overall?

And he kept it going with a major NCAA sanction on his back.

Ummm...... fail.

#BBB

Why do you think the number of players drafted matters and not the quality of players. That team was the most talented team in the history of college football but he doesn't get and credit because it didn't have that many more players drafted overall?

And he kept it going with a major NCAA sanction on his back.

Ummm...... fail.

Golden had sanctions, Golden had reductions and they had the same players drafted...the major difference between Golden and Butch was the assistants. Golden hired crappy assistants Butch hired good ones. Will he be able to hire good ones again? Who knows but people say "I don't accept mediocrity", and Butch won at most 8 games at UNC his last coaching gig.

So...whoever he would hire would they be good assistants? I don't know. Most assistants would probably stay where they are, and anybody from the past isn't going to come back to coach again under Butch as many are already HCs / Coordinators elsewhere.

What people are in love with is the fictional idea of Butch which like most legends has been exaggerated over time. People have this idea in their head that if we just get Butch it'll be 2000 all over again. It won't.

Here's some facts for everybody.

- Back when Butch was coach we were in the Big Least. We were the top dog, and it was an easier road.
- Back when Butch was coach there were no social networks to keep in contact with recruits. Now teams don't have to setup camp in South Florida at the risk of spending resources that they can't maintain contact with players. (Back then it was phone, mail, and email (if you were lucky). Now they can tweet at them, instagram them, facebook them etc. It's a much more competitive recruiting climate for the top top game changing players, and more players than ever are leaving the state of Florida.

The top instate recruit? Going to Ole Miss. Man in the top 10 only 1 has committed to play for a Florida School (FSU #10 Baveon Johnson)
2 Are going to LSU 1 to Ohio State and 1 to Ole Miss. 40% of the top 10 players in the state are leaving. That's the college football world we are in now.

They want to play in front of 100k crowds in Bama / Ole Miss/ LSU. Most of the kids today were too young to even know who Butch is. They are 18 years old...-15 years (that's how long it was)....3 years old. They were 3 years old when Butch was here.

They don't know him, and they could care less about him. It's only the nostalgia fans who remember Butch and are desperately clinging to those memories like fools instead of focusing on the modern landscape and game.

I'm telling you right now. Butch Davis will probably fail at Miami so be ready for it.

Last edited:

Very few people, [MENTION=12778]RL52U[/MENTION] being one them, would be upset if we #BBB .

I won't gloat if he's hired and he fails. I want "i told you all so", but it's just the facts are the facts, and it's not 2000 anymore. It's 2015. I know people want to relive the 2000 era, but that's not happening again just by hiring Butch.

You're correct - Butch won't be able to duplicate 2000.

Because he won't have to build a team while suffering 31 scholarship losses.

It will move much, much quicker.

Only a dumbass thinks Butch has forgotten everything he knows. Knows.

Advertisement

You're correct - Butch won't be able to duplicate 2000.

Because he won't have to build a team while suffering 31 scholarship losses.

It will move much, much quicker.

Only a dumbass thinks Butch has forgotten everything he knows. Knows.

If it is "so much quicker" How come in 4 years at North Carolina the most he could win was 8 games? The Legendary Butch Davis should have won more than 8 games,,,I mean Golden won 9 here,,,Butch couldn't pass that after 4 years in the same conference. I thought he was a magical developer and recruiter?

We don't have to be transported back to 2000. If he did half the recruiting job he did we would be in great shape. He had good assistants that developed the talent and those teams didn't beat themselves.

Advertisement
Back