Seems Holley (DT) is gone

Advertisement
Signed Charlotte and y’all were complaining about his transferring.
I never complain about a transfer when they end up at a worse program. USF Illinois Charlotte fiu fau etc.
The only transfers who ended up at high level P5 programs were lingard and cager. Lingard is having the lizard fans saying the same things we were saying. He’s a five star. Only a matter of time. He’s gotta get his body right. Remember that savannah state run. Lol. And cager was good but went udfa. So not a massive loss. Although we could’ve used him.

I think a lot of people on this board are going to have to eat their words this season in regard to McCloud. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up with all ACC honors at DE
I like McCloud and the different looks he can present with his previous LB experience. I agree and also think he will have an "above expectations" type of year.

1629214009952.png

Advertisement
McCloud will barely be on the field after the first 2 or 3 games.
I want to believe but not sure we have the horses unless they start moving people around. If they haven't already moved Roberts to DE then everyone should be fired and the season cancelled. McCloud's issue seems to be the lowest football IQ imaginable, and I don't see how that won't continue being a problem at DE. They'll run right at him because he's 240 lbs, and if not then they will naked bootleg us to death when he takes the bait and crashes inside on play action. The kid's been here 6 years and can't spell the word 'cat'.

Advertisement
Terrible example. That’s LSU in the $EC. We are UM in the “lustful” city of Miami with a local media who report more intensely the bad than the good. That’s where my perception is coming from. Historically we always get the short end from the outside word. Maybe Manny fixes that 30+ year old narrative but time will tell.
Besides, I’m not sure there are newspapers in Louisiana. I’ll bet reading levels their are pretty low, maybe not enough to keep it profitable for a newspaper.

I’m pretty sure 99.9% of the board hope you are correct, but McCloud has been a major disappoint on the field. Great for lockeroom and off field but out of Shaq and Pinckney he was the athletic one and I think most last year thought would be a break out and it wasn’t. He’s been here for what 6 years and has been no better than a ST guy. I hope we are all wrong but my guess is he will be a rotational guy who gets about 4 sacks
Was he though? I thought so too because of board hype at the time. But I know when @Lance Roffers looked at his physicals and testing, he was only average. I remember reading Lance's thread and thinking we had built McCloud into a CIS All American that he really wasn't.

Advertisement
Was he though? I thought so too because of board hype at the time. But I know when @Lance Roffers looked at his physicals and testing, he was only average. I remember reading Lance's thread and thinking we had built McCloud into a CIS All American that he really wasn't.
Lances breakdowns always are a good measurement of players. I never went back to look at McClouds but yes I think we as fans overhyped him but I think that’s because Shaq and Pinck did so well and saw McCloud being more athletic and bigger and we figured he’d be at the level those other two performed at.

Lances breakdowns always are a good measurement of players. I never went back to look at McClouds but yes I think we as fans overhyped him but I think that’s because Shaq and Pinck did so well and saw McCloud being more athletic and bigger and we figured he’d be at the level those other two performed at.

Found it. a 49th percentile athlete, no Clowney-in-the-rough waiting to be unleashed to the world by the brilliant strategist who is Manny Diaz, a.k.a Dr. Evil:

--------------

"Zach McCloud- 220 pounds, 4.83 40, 4.55 SH, 34’ Powerball, 36” Vertical, 88.05 SPARQ

McCloud is a 49th percentile athlete who profiles as a solid starter. I would say his career has been exactly that to this point."

I'm not looking to be skewered by the Diaz apologists here like they tried to do to Macho in the other thread. I actually like what he's doing with the team overall. But I do think he's got a blind spot when it comes to evaluating talent, especially those hybrid DE/LB types. And with the failure for either Cam Williams or Harvey to emerge at DE, we have a second hole on that defense. Thank god Keontra is ready to step up at Will or we'd have three.

This defense should be more than adequate against 10 of our opponents. But it's a serious liability against good teams, and on our schedule that means Bama and a relatively mediocre UNC team whose coach has Manny's number. McCloud as the answer is wishful thinking.

Advertisement
I do think he's got a blind spot when it comes to evaluating talent, especially those hybrid DE/LB types.
You mean me screaming and posting about Nik Bonnito and Josh Uche and the staff not taking them or making them a big enough priority? Yes, I agree he has an issue evaluating those players. Which is so weird because they seem to be the exact archetype he's looking for in an upfield rush scheme that doesn't seem to value setting an edge.

My guess is it has something to do with personality etc. as in he doesn't like something about the way they carry themselves etc. because he has recruited other tweener types who are nowhere near the talent of some of the guys passed on.

Same with WR in the past. Who didn't watch Elijah Moore and say that is a guy we have to take that year? Instead we took a bunch of stiff big-bodied, 1985-style WR's who couldn't play.

I apologize for the criticizing post, that's not normally my style, but these are the things that separate teams like Miami from the next tier (four teams are sort of in their own tier in my view and Miami is in the third tier).

You can't afford to miss on layups in your area when you're not getting the very top talents and not a team that does especially well nationally.

Advertisement
Back