Secondary Depth Chart

Dee Delaney will be a massive get for us this year...

6'1 193lbs 11INT's, good speed & great prototypical size & natural Ballhawk skills.

He'll give us a ton more flexibility with the Safety's, as he'll come in & probably start at CB.

Plus, you can't forget, we have an Elite DL & LB corp, which makes every Secondary drastically better.

Advertisement

6'1 193lbs 11INT's, good speed & great prototypical size & natural Ballhawk skills.

He'll give us a ton more flexibility with the Safety's, as he'll come in & probably start at CB.

Plus, you can't forget, we have an Elite DL & LB corp, which makes every Secondary drastically better.

exactly. Elite LB & DL make secondaries look much better, and i think this board often forgets that impact when they obsess over the secondary issues.

i've only watched that 1min clip of Delaney tape, so i haven't seen his HS or college film. Q's i'd have for anyone who has seen him / broken down his film extensively:
does he have flexibility to play boundary CB and nickel? are the 11 INTs the result of good ball skills, or gifts from QBs? how did he perform in his matchups against the best WR competition like UNC

I think at this point Young and Jaquan are the only guys we can truly expect to be starters.

But when we put 3 cbs on the field, I think if we get a Grad Transfer at CB it will be about if Bandy is better than him or not. If he isn't, I'd expect Dean and the grad Transfer to start at outside CB, with Malek Young pushed into the nickel.

At safety Ideally we get a grad transfer that can play fs so jaquan can play ss for us. Or hopefully Michael Jackson can step up there. If we don't get one Jaquan will have to play FS and it will be between Carter and Finley to be the ss.

Dean, Bandy, Young, and Redwine will be the top 4 in the cornerback rotation. When in nickel, Bandy will shift there.

Jaquan Johnson, Finley, Carter, and Knowles will be the top 4 in the safety rotation.

Dee Delaney would give us a critical 5th CB who is probably good enough to start. And would allow us the flexibiilty of sliding Redwine at safety and get Robert "4.9" Knowles out of the 2 deep.

Advertisement
What about that Clemson CB Adrian Baker? Any news on him?

He was supposed to start for them last year but got hurt.

Rumph and Banda did a great job last year and Not taking anything away from them, but I'm expecting to see a jump in development at DB this year since DeMarcus Van Dyke (Canes Recruiter) is on the coaching staff now too... Hopefully he will be allowed to assist during spring and summer drills... which will go a long way in development in a short time. You can never have enough players teaching how to play the game

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rumph and Banda did a great job last year and Not taking anything away from them, but I'm expecting to see a jump in development at DB this year since DeMarcus Van Dyke (Canes Recruiter) is on the coaching staff now too... Hopefully he will be allowed to assist during spring and summer drills... which will go a long way in development in a short time. You can never have enough players teaching how to play the game
DVD is on the staff? When did this happen?

Advertisement
Sheldrick Redwine will never see the field as a starting CB

Wtf r u talking about?, Redwine is legit players do improve Corn Elder wasn't as good as he was until his Senior year. Redwine is definitely talented enough to be a starter.

And sidenote, why are y'all still panicking about the cb position did this same soft **** all last off season for nothing

I think he joined the new Miami juco team as a db coach

Advertisement

Yo El... What's the % on the chances of us landing DD? Think that conversation with Colbert will work wonders for us.

read it a couple of places
Former CB Van Dyke Recruiting For Miami

read it a couple of places
Former CB Van Dyke Recruiting For Miami

Not on staff.

Yo El... What's the % on the chances of us landing DD? Think that conversation with Colbert will work wonders for us.
100%... I think we'll get him... I don't know of any other visits he has setup, so the fact he's coming this weekend & having the sit down with Colbert lets us know the staff is putting the full court press on.

Plus, Colbert got us Dean & was huge in helping us with Randy Russell, so I think Delaney will follow suit & join in.
He graduates in May though.

Advertisement
Back