SEC Slurping

Advertisement
It was our 4th straight loss. Every time someone says "the U is back" we follow that up by ****ting the bed (can't say pulling a Clemson anymore).

Context of the loss, by one point at the last second, vs us losing by 30 at one point of the game. However there is always going to be SEC bias.

Advertisement
I agree..especially when u consider our game was practically a road game on opening day. We just played a bad game but that isn’t indicative of our team..Auburn loss at home in week 3 and did not look all that impressive imo

That’s like ya saying the ND game was telling..we weren’t that much better than ND. They just had a bad night and it started to snow ball

I mean you have two teams in the top 11 with one loss. One of the teams lost to the other team with a loss, you kinda see my issue don’t you lol.

Advertisement
A loss is a loss and deserves to drop you more then 2 spots regardless of the score. Auburn was also at home when they lost does that not matter.

It was two evenly matched teams & they lost on the last play. I am fine with them dropping two spots. How many teams 10 and below can beat Auburn? Just don't see the fuss. They are still 0-1 in SEC West with LSU basically having to lose 2.. Auburn cares more about that than 9 vs 12.

The whole point is a clear SEC bias. I don’t think no team no matter the loss should drop from 8 to the 20s after a loss in week 1..I also don’t believe in having ranking until week 4

That’s like ya saying the ND game was telling..we weren’t that much better than ND. They just had a bad night and it started to snow ball

Speaking of which no way is ND deserve to be #7 at this point - barely beat Ball State and Vandy. Overrated

Advertisement
It was two evenly matched teams & they lost on the last play. I am fine with them dropping two spots. How many teams 10 and below can beat Auburn? Just don't see the fuss. They are still 0-1 in SEC West with LSU basically having to lose 2.. Auburn cares more about that than 9 vs 12.
The reason I’m not ok with it is because in the sec you are allowed to lose and it doesn’t hurt you. They get to the end of the year and say we beat 5 top ten teams along the way and that propels them in the cfp rankings. Auburn should be around 15. Same for Wisconsin m, they lost to BYU and should be between 20-25. TCU dropped two spots after losing by double digits. I just want a loss to count for something. Bottom line it doesn’t matter that it was close the fact is they didn’t get it done.

The reason I’m not ok with it is because in the sec you are allowed to lose and it doesn’t hurt you. They get to the end of the year and say we beat 5 top ten teams along the way and that propels them in the cfp rankings. Auburn should be around 15. Same for Wisconsin m, they lost to BYU and should be between 20-25. TCU dropped two spots after losing by double digits. I just want a loss to count for something. Bottom line it doesn’t matter that it was close the fact is they didn’t get it done.

I don't disagree with you totally, the premise I actually agree.. in this case I think it was fair. It's early. It will all work itself out before season end

Advertisement
Because Auburn lost on a last second field goal while we got handed our @sses.

Plus Auburn beat #10 Washington before that loss.

CFB biases exist but not in this specific example.
So do you think LSU deserves to be 6? If that’s the case does Texas am deserve to jump into the top ten after almost beating Clemson in a competitive game? Maybe my thinking is off but IMO losses should hurt your chances more then dropping two spots as if you didn’t even lose a game. I mean Clemson won and dropped one spot less then a team that lost.

Then loosing gave them absolutely no face to save or ground to make up. Literally as if it didn’t even matter who won the game, why even play the games if the outcome makes no difference.

Advertisement
Back