SEC new rule teams must play 1 legit occ conference opponent

More then likely they aren't going to be looking for competitive match ups more like the bottom feeders of P5 conferences so they can say they added another P5 conference team

Advertisement
Would love for the ACC to do this as well. Scheduling Savannah State, FAU, USF when we already play UVA, WF is unnecessary. Lets play LSU, UGA, Michigan, UCLA, etc on a rotational basis.

As of right now Texas A&M, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Missouri all don't partners. But these are no brain partnerships

Texas A&M - Texas
Tennessee - North Carolina
Missouri - Kansas

Mizzou ysed to play Illinois yearly. That was actually a big rivalry before they went to the SEC.

I'd like to see that get started up again.

Would love for the ACC to do this as well. Scheduling Savannah State, FAU, USF when we already play UVA, WF is unnecessary. Lets play LSU, UGA, Michigan, UCLA, etc on a rotational basis.

Yeah....lets not play them. I rather have a competitive win against FAU than get manhandled by UGA. lol

Advertisement
I think there should be two weeks of the season set aside for a conference tournament type arrangement. Random matchups of teame for example ACC vs SEC or Big 10 vs PAC 10

As of right now Texas A&M, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Missouri all don't partners. But these are no brain partnerships

Texas A&M - Texas
Tennessee - North Carolina
Missouri - Kansas

I think Tenn vs Vag Tech makes more sense. Also closer to each other than UNC, and they play eachother in a couple years at Bristol motor speedway.

Guess the Gata's will have to play someone other than Georgia Southern... Oh wait :ibisroflmao:

Yes. That FSU team they schedule OOC as one of their BCS games every year really sucks. Care to compare that game to the typical BCS games of all these other top teams? You won't like what you find.

Yeah we play them too, lol... The SEC isn't the super conference the SEC marketing machine likes everyone to think.

Um ok. That has nothing to do with my response. You made a dumb joke about UF having to play someone OOC when UF's OOC BCS game tops just about every major BCS power out there. In other words, you had no point. Like I said feel free to look at other BCS teams and who they play OOC typically, you won't like what you'd find.

Not to mention this rule was aimed at teams like Mizzou, Tennessee, etc. who do not have a major BCS team OOC traditionally. UF already does.

BTW, I'm not one who thinks the SEC is the best every year. Some years they are other years they aren't. I thought top to bottom the Pac 12 was best last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thread title probably could have been worded better but..............

The SEC is sticking with eight conference games for its 14 teams, though it has a twist.

Starting in 2016, all SEC teams will be required to play a team from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 or Pac-12. Notre Dame can be played as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/sec-announces-continuation-of-8-game-conference-schedule-004745559.html

In other news, NCST and UVA have just been contacted by every SEC school for a $1M away game.

LMFAO!!!!!
How is that funny ******. So throwing in an LSU for 2014 or a UGA for 2015 etc is a problem now? One more difficult game per year to replace the FAU or the Savannah State game is now too much?

The guy that roots for Golden and Dorito's friendship over the Canes winning doesn't want to play a tougher schedule. Not surprised.

Last edited:
Guess the Gata's will have to play someone other than Georgia Southern... Oh wait :ibisroflmao:

Yes. That FSU team they schedule OOC as one of their BCS games every year really sucks. Care to compare that game to the typical BCS games of all these other top teams? You won't like what you find.

Yeah we play them too, lol... The SEC isn't the super conference the SEC marketing machine likes everyone to think.

Um ok. That has nothing to do with my response. You made a dumb joke about UF having to play someone OOC when UF's OOC BCS game tops just about every major BCS power out there. In other words, you had no point. Like I said feel free to look at other BCS teams and who they play OOC typically, you won't like what you'd find.

Not to mention this rule was aimed at teams like Mizzou, Tennessee, etc. who do not have a major BCS team OOC traditionally. UF already does.

BTW, I'm not one who thinks the SEC is the best every year. Some years they are other years they aren't. I thought top to bottom the Pac 12 was best last year.

I give you huge credit for venturing into an OOC scheduling thread with your teams history.

We do play Clemson and Nebraska in 2015 also Notre Dame the following year...I wouldn't mind seeing an SEC team in 2017 to spice up the schedule.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The SEC is sticking with eight conference games for its 14 teams, though it has a twist.

Starting in 2016, all SEC teams will be required to play a team from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 or Pac-12. Notre Dame can be played as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/sec-announces-continuation-of-8-game-conference-schedule-004745559.html

In other news, NCST and UVA have just been contacted by every SEC school for a $1M away game.

Don't forget about University of Utah!!!

Does anyone besides me think that the new playoff format will eventually lead to everyone scheduling powerhouse schedules every year?

I can see a "scheduling arms race" happening rather easily.

Sooooo you're saying they're not calling Wake?

So uf can no longer schedule southeast western state tech of the lemurs and cry that the sec schedule is too tough? How long before their AD calls Wake Forest?

They play FSU every year so this really doesn't matter to them...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back