SEC Floodin south Florida this week

To the guy above ^^^^^^^ the thing about Texas kids and all their resources and facilities, it sometimes makes for a near finished product. Butch used to say, no slight to Texas kids, but lining up two kids, one from Texas and the other from say Pahokee and he takes the Fl kid every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Bc it is highly doubtful the kid from Pahokee even got two square meals a day much less ******* creatine and high dollar protein shakes and or just basic nutrition.

Kids from Florida are already savages and then put them in quality strenth and conditioning programs with money to eat three meals a day and you get NFL prospects.

Texas kids can fool alot of colleges bc the kid looks dynamite but then you get him on campus and he's already almost fully developed and doesn't get much bigger, faster, or stronger.

EDIT: I didn't see the Texas/Florida talent thread with the Larry Coker comment and the post reference to Butch. Swift kick in the balls to me

Last edited:
Advertisement
Larry Coker is hilarious.
If He's suggesting that a college coach just recruit well coached HS kids, then that college coach is in the wrong business.
And last I checked, the year He got fired, weren't at least half of the O-Linemen on that team from Texas...

And not only that, but wasn't Kirby "1-14" Freeman from Texas?

Wasn't Lance "Duck" Legette from Texas?

Ian "Big Hype" Symonette, wasn't He from Texas?

Last edited:
http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/59425/Contents/Two-LSU-coaches-hit-South-Florida-28756152#M28768975

Miami isn't a factor for Clarington (or anyone at Champagnat Catholic).

Once Clarington visits LSU this summer I feel they will be in more of a driver's seat in this recruitment.

He's a US Army AA tight end but could play DE in college. Big jumbo ATH.

LSU feels good about its standing with Clarington, per my contacts.

LSU assistants Adam Henry and Corey Raymond made it all over Broward and Dade the last few days.

Miami Killian - 4-star safety Jaquan Johnson
Booker T Washington - CB Davante Davis and 2016 RB Mark Walton
Gulliver Prep - 2016 DE Joseph Jackson, 2016 WR Deonte Mullins, 2016 S Cedric Wright
Champagnat Catholic - TE Devonaire Clarington, 2016 OL Chidi Okeke, 2016 WR Darnell Salomon
American Heritage - QB Torrance Gibson, 2016 WR Brandon Johnson, 2016 Dredrick Snelson, 4-star CB Tarvars McFadden
St. Thomas Aquinas - 2017 WR Trevon Grimes, 2016 DT Nick Bosa, 2016 WR Sam Bruce,
Hallandale - 4-star LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane, LB Juwan Taylor
Flangan - 2016 LB Devin Bush
And many more.

To win they better come to S. FL! But they all over the State of Florida. The state is loaded with quality talent even in all those small towns. It is better use of time to recruit many Fl players than the few in many SEC states. Bama can't win without just Alabama boys. Neither can LSU. But all the FL schools can if they had to rely on Florida boys only.

Advertisement
Wait.......... is this actually a thread claiming that Randy kept studs here?! He was the one studs were starting to get away from and with all the talent here every school with a pulse would sniff around here no matter what

Near the end of his tenure, it was as if Shannon gave up.

Golden shows the relentlessness Shannon never did, but closing has been a huge issue over the past couple of cycles.

I can never speak enough to it how Shannon treated Miramar like the plague I mean it was sickening being at Miramar and knowing Stedman/Geno/Ivan would all be locks here and after that without even following UM recruiting that much you know that he's just a coach that will not recruit certain schools regardless of the talent. I back up Golden recruiting wise because I know he will go hard for every school but i know this, Shannon was turning off many kids the last 2 years

worse part is that Shannon coached COGDELL back in the day...i believe optomist ball. I think he had that old "cowards from broward" thing going on....not knowing Miramar has been hoarding top talent since the early 2000'S.So it wasnt like Randy didnt have a relatonship with the coach or hated the school thing, they actually had a relationship..dude just didnt have his staff into the school...when they hit broward they hit their regulars...STA, Plantation, Ely, etc

I'm not buying the finished product notion... If a player is productive then he's productive... Texas has a large number of players who make it to the league as well so they are not doing too bad... That being said, they have better coaching... In south Florida too many coaches are in because they have the hook up (same issue as little league) and know someone... It is talent galore but their is no one to hone their skills... I also feel bad for the schools that don't have talent because most of the times when they do get a good player, the player gets poached... It goes deeper than facilities...

Wait.......... is this actually a thread claiming that Randy kept studs here?! He was the one studs were starting to get away from and with all the talent here every school with a pulse would sniff around here no matter what

Near the end of his tenure, it was as if Shannon gave up.

Golden shows the relentlessness Shannon never did, but closing has been a huge issue over the past couple of cycles.

I can never speak enough to it how Shannon treated Miramar like the plague I mean it was sickening being at Miramar and knowing Stedman/Geno/Ivan would all be locks here and after that without even following UM recruiting that much you know that he's just a coach that will not recruit certain schools regardless of the talent. I back up Golden recruiting wise because I know he will go hard for every school but i know this, Shannon was turning off many kids the last 2 years

worse part is that Shannon coached COGDELL back in the day...i believe optomist ball. I think he had that old "cowards from broward" thing going on....not knowing Miramar has been hoarding top talent since the early 2000'S.So it wasnt like Randy didnt have a relatonship with the coach or hated the school thing, they actually had a relationship..dude just didnt have his staff into the school...when they hit broward they hit their regulars...STA, Plantation, Ely, etc

I never quite understood the Miramar and Central issue... It had to be something going on behind the scenes... I mean Shannon did get some kids that were non-traditional power houses like Monarch and Western... However something was up with those two schools... I mean Cogdell was sending all of his most talented players to WVU... I recall reading an article on McCartney before he returned to WVU... He said, he always wanted to attend UM but his coach pretty much persuaded him to go to WVU...

Advertisement
http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/59425/Contents/Two-LSU-coaches-hit-South-Florida-28756152#M28768975

Once Clarington visits LSU this summer I feel they will be in more of a driver's seat in this recruitment.

He's a US Army AA tight end but could play DE in college. Big jumbo ATH.

LSU assistants Adam Henry and Corey Raymond made it all over Broward and Dade the last few days.

Miami Killian - 4-star safety Jaquan Johnson
Booker T Washington - CB Davante Davis and 2016 RB Mark Walton
Gulliver Prep - 2016 DE Joseph Jackson, 2016 WR Deonte Mullins, 2016 S Cedric Wright
Champagnat Catholic - TE Devonaire Clarington, 2016 OL Chidi Okeke, 2016 WR Darnell Salomon
American Heritage - QB Torrance Gibson, 2016 WR Brandon Johnson, 2016 Dredrick Snelson, 4-star CB Tarvars McFadden
St. Thomas Aquinas - 2017 WR Trevon Grimes, 2016 DT Nick Bosa, 2016 WR Sam Bruce,
Hallandale - 4-star LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane, LB Juwan Taylor
Flangan - 2016 LB Devin Bush
And many more.

Yea no shady stuff happened with LSU and champagnat coaches smh

We have no shot at a coveted recruit who's now at Champagnat, but LSU does. Least surprising news thus far this cycle.

I have no idea if we have a legitimate shot at landing Jaason Lewis, but after watching his highlights he looks like a potential mismatch nightmare as an athletic move TE. He looks like a much better athlete and talent than Clarington, so hopefully we get lucky with him. A TE haul of Lewis and Archibald would be an A+.

I'm not buying the finished product notion... If a player is productive then he's productive... Texas has a large number of players who make it to the league as well so they are not doing too bad... That being said, they have better coaching... In south Florida too many coaches are in because they have the hook up (same issue as little league) and know someone... It is talent galore but their is no one to hone their skills... I also feel bad for the schools that don't have talent because most of the times when they do get a good player, the player gets poached... It goes deeper than facilities...

Agree. 10 years ago, not so much. How is a school like STA, WC, Columbus, Cypress Bay or American Heritage (where Sony had pro-level strength and conditioning since 8th grade) any different than Allen, SLC, Katy, Lake Travis, or any other school with vast resources? Every single one of those schools have high-end S&C, coaching, and those kids don't have to pay for food. While I agree that Texas has more programs fitting of that description, they still have more that an abundance of prospects that aren't "finished products".

Advertisement
Back