SEC Dominance

Harpdog

Redshirt Freshman
So I wanted to check out how really dominant the sec is this year. I found 3 victories Verse top 25 (OOC)teams this year.

Auburn beat #12 Kansas state by 6 points.
Georgia beat # 22 playoff ranking Clemson (Unranked in the AP poll)
LSU beat #14 Wisconsin (who also lost to great football power north western)

how do we no if they are that good, if they don't play any top competition out of conference. We do know they are the best conference, but is the margin that big?

Advertisement
All you need to do is look at their games today though. They ain't afraid to schedule the big boys out of conference! I say put 4 SEC teams in the Playoff if we truly want to see the best football.

Living in the state of Alabama the arrogance of $EC football is unparalled. Oregon would crush 90% of the SEC in Eugene, but the homers here say no way!!

All you need to do is look at their games today though. They ain't afraid to schedule the big boys out of conference! I say put 4 SEC teams in the Playoff if we truly want to see the best football.

Obvious Sarcasm but lets list the joke of the schedules:
conference games
Ole miss vs Arkansas
Missouri vs Tennessee
Miss state vs Vanderbilt(might be worse than every Acc team)
Bye weeks aka hardest OOC games lsu, tamu, Kentucky
OOC Games(try not to laugh)
Georgia vs Charleston southern
florida vs Eastern Kentucky
south Carolina vs south Alabama
Alabama vs West Carolina
Auburn Vs Samford

bottom line schedule 3 cupcakes and 1 average OOC opponent and you can all look like world beaters with inflated records!

Advertisement
Arkansas will beat Ole **** today...so Ole **** will have 3 losses, LSU has 4 losses, and Auburn has 3 losses with a 4th loss on the horizon.

Obvious Sarcasm but lets list the joke of the schedules:
conference games
Ole miss vs Arkansas
Missouri vs Tennessee
Miss state vs Vanderbilt(might be worse than every Acc team)
Bye weeks aka hardest OOC games lsu, tamu, Kentucky
OOC Games(try not to laugh)
Georgia vs Charleston southern
florida vs Eastern Kentucky
south Carolina vs south Alabama
Alabama vs West Carolina
Auburn Vs Samford

bottom line schedule 3 cupcakes and 1 average OOC opponent and you can all look like world beaters with inflated records!

And the biggest joke (not that I'll shed a tear) is that FSU will get roundly criticized if they don't beat BC by 40+ today.

Advertisement
I went to look at the games today: all horse****. Its the second to last week of the season, and there are no good games at all except rooting for a ND and FSU loss.

Everyone talks about "the regular season in college football".....Well when teams schedule trash like this weekend, it kills that point.

Your insecurities and jealousies are showing. Let's revisit this thread after the tournament.

Would any of you feel very comfortable with Oregon or FSU over Alabama on a neutral field? If so, you're a goddam football chick. And the 'crush 90% at Autzen statement" is idiotic. I'm an Oregon fan, but they lost to Arizona at home. Badly. The notion that they'd certainly woodshed anyone in the top half of the SEC is pure fantastic conjecture based on hope.

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how *****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

The SEC has 3 OOC losses (Vandy to Temple, Tenn to OK, Mizz to Indiana), all in the SEC east.

Some OOC opponents

Boise State
West Virginia
Clemson 2X
Wisconsin
Utah State
East Carolina
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
K State
Louisville
Florida State
Ga Tech

May be some others I'm missing. Seems to be a fair number of quality OOC games.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/8/sec-conference

Someone else can do the ACC, I'm curious to see the comparison.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/1/acc-conference

Your insecurities and jealousies are showing. Let's revisit this thread after the tournament.

Would any of you feel very comfortable with Oregon or FSU over Alabama on a neutral field? If so, you're a goddam football chick. And the 'crush 90% at Autzen statement" is idiotic. I'm an Oregon fan, but they lost to Arizona at home. Badly. The notion that they'd certainly woodshed anyone in the top half of the SEC is pure fantastic conjecture based on hope.

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how ****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

And in every thread you come in to downplay the idea that the $ec isn't any good, like you're a closet Croc that now has to stick up for conference pride. $eC is good but they aren't a **** load better than anyone, just like SBAMACANE stated.

Advertisement

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how ****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

And in every thread you come in to downplay the idea that the $ec isn't any good, like you're a closet Croc that now has to stick up for conference pride. $eC is good but they aren't a **** load better than anyone, just like SBAMACANE stated.

This. Where they have the advantage is HCs and staff coaches imo.

why does the $EC schedule games against Charleston southern, Eastern Kentucky, South Alabama, West Carolina & Samford???

because they're afraid of scheduling an Indiana & getting exposed like Urban Liar is today. they'll keep scheduling cupcakes until they're penalized for it; and we all know that

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how *****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

This is the thread that shows how *****made this fan base has become?

A problem many have is the preseason loading up of the SEC in the Top 25 which is unbalanced and leads to continued inflated rankings for some of the teams.

Doesn't mean that the top SEC teams aren't better than other teams across the board.

Advertisement
why does the $EC schedule games against Charleston southern, Eastern Kentucky, South Alabama, West Carolina & Samford???

because they're afraid of scheduling an Indiana & getting exposed like Urban Liar is today. they'll keep scheduling cupcakes until they're penalized for it; and we all know that

You're right. It's not like every other conference doesn't schedule these games. We definitely haven't played Charleston Southern recently.

You're right. Because Missouri, a mid tier SEC team lost a game to Indiana, the SEC is exposed and illagitemate.

Some of you are seriously retards.

SEC has earned all the respect they get. 7 straight titles and far and away the best OOC record over the past decade speaks for itself.

The SEC "dominance" can be attributed to three people.

Nick Saban: He built the 2007 LSU championship team and frankly their entire program, and then went to Bama after a year and built them into a 3 time champ and perennial contender.

Urban Meyer: He came to a middling UF team and won a billion games quickly including two titles.

Cam Newton's dad: Auctioned his son off like a slave to the highest bidder, and Auburn ponied up.

That is the entirety of the "7 in a row" nonsense. Everything else is riding off coattails, and it's spiraled out of control.

Advertisement
Back