Season Prediction

Why is VT a sure loss to you guys? I don't see us losing to them. They got routed by the only good team they played. No other team on the schedule will have a dline like ours.

And they've dominated every game since. Fuente and Foster can coach their asses off. Short week doesn't help matters.

Perhaps I shouldn't have called it a "almost surely a loss" but it's going to be an extremely tough game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya does not have a signature win in his time here, which is telling for a Junior that has started every game since he got here.

Kid is a talented passer, but does not have the intangibles to be a big time winner.

He reminds me a lot of Rob Johnson (former Bills QB in the 90's) and Ryan "The Statue" Taneyhill. All of them have/had the physical tools to be great but lack/lacked pocket awareness, competitive fire and leadership qualities.

I personally think he's a great kid but just not anywhere near elite in the aforementioned areas that great QB's all possess.

Before you can be a champion, you gotta hate losing more than anything. I frankly don't see this quality in him. The offense is a mirror image of him. Talented players that don't perform. I can guarantee you that if he comes out and starts balling and making plays under pressure, the OL will gain confidence and play better, as well as the WR's and RB's.

Most of the time a team is only as good as its QB and HC. Kaaya has failed the test so far in his career and Richt ***** the bed by calling a horrendous game against FSSUCK. Let's hope as fans that the former finally shows up and leads us to bigger and better things and that the latter quits trying to fit a round peg into a square like the previous HC did.

Kaaya does not have a signature win in his time here, which is telling for a Junior that has started every game since he got here.

Kid is a talented passer, but does not have the intangibles to be a big time winner.

He reminds me a lot of Rob Johnson (former Bills QB in the 90's) and Ryan "The Statue" Taneyhill. All of them have/had the physical tools to be great but lack/lacked pocket awareness, competitive fire and leadership qualities.

I personally think he's a great kid but just not anywhere near elite in the aforementioned areas that great QB's all possess.

Before you can be a champion, you gotta hate losing more than anything. I frankly don't see this quality in him. The offense is a mirror image of him. Talented players that don't perform. I can guarantee you that if he comes out and starts balling and making plays under pressure, the OL will gain confidence and play better, as well as the WR's and RB's.

Most of the time a team is only as good as its QB and HC. Kaaya has failed the test so far in his career and Richt ***** the bed by calling a horrendous game against FSSUCK. Let's hope as fans that the former finally shows up and leads us to bigger and better things and that the latter quits trying to fit a round peg into a square like the previous HC did.

You would be wrong. He threw for 400 yards and 3 tds vs fsu last year and the o-line was getting their *** whooped. Walker had like 3 sacks that game.

Elite qbs don't grow on trees. There are only maybe 1 or 2 qbs that are elite in cfb right now. There is probably about 3 or 4 elite qbs in the nfl.

And you guys keep questioning his fire and desire to win only because he doesnt get in the face of teammates screaming or because he doesn't show a lot of emotions.

Richt said the other day kaaya got on the team in practice because he didn't think they were focused enough. That's called leadership. The team has his back and that's what matters. Not fans who try to analyze **** based of his lack of expressions on tv.

VT not nearly as good as you fools make them out to be. They will have a **** of a time scoring on us.

VT not nearly as good as you fools make them out to be. They will have a **** of a time scoring on us.

VT is forreal. If our defense plays like they've been playing all year & the running game get going we can win. Road games are tricky, especially on Thursday night.

Advertisement

VT is forreal. If our defense plays like they've been playing all year & the running game get going we can win. Road games are tricky, especially on Thursday night.

I don't see it with VT. They lost to a one demensional Tennessee team by 21. I don't see it. I don't think we have a problem vs them or Unc.

Given that we can flip-flop our gender and soon species identity, I am sticking with undefeated because I FEEL like we are an undefeated team. On a serious note, I was certain we would beat noles, so now I have no idea what will happen. I do not believe the freshmen and sophomores will quit on Mark like the teams did Golden, but the older players might be too tainted with Golden crap. Hopefully they all respond with renewed commitment, realizing Mark not selling a used car.

Next 2 weeks can give some perpective to how Canes stack up to a couple teams in SECE Tenn and Ga. Both physically whipped VT and NC in their respective games.

Advertisement
Next 2 weeks can give some perpective to how Canes stack up to a couple teams in SECE Tenn and Ga. Both physically whipped VT and NC in their respective games.

LOL, you didn't watch those games did you? If VT doesn't have 516111114 turnovers they win the game. Those turnovers had nothing to do with being "physically whipped". UGA/NC was a one score game in the 4th quarter, again, no sign of "physically whipped".

Good job and point OP. I'm sticking to my original thought... 9-3 regular season... (I didn't post in either old thread) I figured 4-0, then 2-2 in the next set, and finally go 3-1 in the last 4 games with one slip up to a team we should beat.

9-3, sadly miss ACCCG AGAIN!! and win bowl game to go 10-3. Not terrible and hopefully sets up for better season next year! I hope I'm wrong and we win out of course!

PS: for the record, I thought we would beat FSU and VT, and lose to UNC and ND, now I'm saying we beat UNC and ND and lose to VT

Advertisement
Everybody that wasn't insane knew there would be a few slip-ups this season. The median win prediction was probably around 9 in the preseason. Why everybody seemed to lose their minds and start going overboard after starting 4-0? I don't know, other than it's human nature to overreact. Especially for sports fans. I've stuck to my basic prediction of 9 or 10 regular season wins and barring catastrophic injuries, that seems more than possible, especially since Notre Dame has looked bad. I knew there would be a few head scratching moments this year. Looking at the schedule, I figured there'd be at least one loss to a team Miami should probably have beat. That's the way it often goes when a new coach takes over. I'm sure Michigan fans weren't excited after losing to Utah last year or losing to a rival on a freak play. You put faith into the new coaches that they can improve the team. Too many goldenized fans crying that the sky is falling after one loss. Like the team is just going to give up on the new staff like they did the old one.

Advertisement
Hopefully most of the mopes on here are wrong in 8 days. A lot of canes football in the next week and nationally televised

6-1 with a one point loss on our error would be a great start to the season heading to the easier part of the schedule

lol how we're a tragic abortion after a hard fought loss, and almighty UNC is coming after getting waxed in a way that would have this board asking for richts head

VT is no joke man. They've gotten better every week and that QB will run all over us. But it's not our defense I'm worried about.

Our offense has me shook, man. I'm not gonna lie. Maybe I'm a victim of unrealistic expectations (thought for sure we were gonna open it up), but, our play design is from last century. A few more games like the FSU one, and you can't really fault the Georgia AD for taking play calling away from Richt. We're still playing our guy is faster/ stronger than your guy Offense, which is probably true, but imagine that mindset with a more innovative play design approach (ex: Petrino, Jumbo, and Fedora).

Advertisement
Back