Season/Away Game Ticket Delivery Date?

Advertisement
Just saw my tickets are out for delivery! Also, just got an email that season ticket holders now have a 12 month payment option, FYI. I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.

Yeah, just got that email today. But hey, there's NO RISK! If you start paying toward next year's season tickets and change your mind, all you have to do is cancel before Miami has played a single meaningful game in 2018 aside from LSU.

What a deal...
LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS POSSIBLE
GUARANTEED BEST PRICING
FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS
RECEIVE PRIORITY ACCESS TO 2019 ONLINE RELOCATION PROCESS
NO RISK! CANCEL BEFORE OCT. 1ST AND RECEIVE A FULL REFUND

Honestly, for people that need the help budgeting, I guess I get it. I'd rather keep that cash in my bank account until it's due. Paying for season tickets more than a year in advance feels distasteful to me. The only part that really bothers me, though, is that they're giving priority access for the relocation process for the pay in advance plan.

Clearly, they are looking to take advantage in every way possible of the current momentum of enthusiasm for the team. Kudos to them for that, but it feels a little bit Scroogey to me. Give the fans a great product and value experience, and you won't need to worry about finding ways to "trap" them into buying your product.

JMO, and I know it won't be popular.

Yeah, just got that email today. But hey, there's NO RISK! If you start paying toward next year's season tickets and change your mind, all you have to do is cancel before Miami has played a single meaningful game in 2018 aside from LSU.

What a deal...
GUARANTEED BEST PRICING
FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS

Honestly, for people that need the help budgeting, I guess I get it. I'd rather keep that cash in my bank account until it's due. Paying for season tickets more than a year in advance feels distasteful to me. The only part that really bothers me, though, is that they're giving priority access for the relocation process for the pay in advance plan.

Clearly, they are looking to take advantage in every way possible of the current momentum of enthusiasm for the team. Kudos to them for that, but it feels a little bit Scroogey to me. Give the fans a great product and value experience, and you won't need to worry about finding ways to "trap" them into buying your product.

I hear what you're saying but they've always had a 6 month payment plan and regardless of the relocation benefit I guarantee you that it ultimately comes down to donation level. For me, paying so much for the suite, the 12 month option is wonderful and I already have high priority due to donation. For anyone else, you still have the option to wait until January and take advantage of the 6 month plan.

Screenshot_20180809-142332.jpg

What a deal...
GUARANTEED BEST PRICING
FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS

Just a ridiculous post.

"Need help budgeting?" The money is due when it's due. We have always had the chance to do a payment play so that we DID NOT have to pay in full when we renewed.

So now we have a chance to spread it out over 12 months instead of 5. Is that honestly a problem? Are you getting some sort of massive interest income from your bank by keeping a few hundred in your bank account for a few months longer?

I'm a UM alum. There is no risk. I am going to buy season tickets every year until I die. If you want to take advantage of a few extra months "time value of money" on a few hundred dollars, knock yourself out.

I have no problems with UM giving priority relocation access to those of us who commit earlier and are not as concerned with the time value of money.

If anyone feels "trapped" into buying UM season tickets, then just GTFO and buy FIU or FAU season tickets.

Advertisement
Just saw my tickets are out for delivery! Also, just got an email that season ticket holders now have a 12 month payment option, FYI. I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.

I saw that also, I was just quickly reading through the email this morning, as long as there’s no finance charge, same as cash, it can make sense.

Even if you can pay it all at once, if somebody is going to give me no finance charge of let me pay over 12 months, it may make more sense financially. Although really, it’s really a six-month plan because we wouldn’t even normally be paying for tickets until February or March of next year.

So you’re making smaller payments but pre-paying about half of it, way earlier than you normally would. Although the total is obviously still gonna be the same.

But to be honest I think the selling point for me is just convenience.

Just a ridiculous post.

"Need help budgeting?" The money is due when it's due. We have always had the chance to do a payment play so that we DID NOT have to pay in full when we renewed.

So now we have a chance to spread it out over 12 months instead of 5. Is that honestly a problem? Are you getting some sort of massive interest income from your bank by keeping a few hundred in your bank account for a few months longer?

I'm a UM alum. There is no risk. I am going to buy season tickets every year until I die. If you want to take advantage of a few extra months "time value of money" on a few hundred dollars, knock yourself out.

I have no problems with UM giving priority relocation access to those of us who commit earlier and are not as concerned with the time value of money.

If anyone feels "trapped" into buying UM season tickets, then just GTFO and buy FIU or FAU season tickets.

Why are you so angry?

What possible difference could it make to you what this man does with his money?

The convenience and possible relo priority MAY make it worthwhile. Either way, whatever you choose, it’s no harm no foul either way. Some people just might find it more predictable, or more convenient, to have 12 equal installments. In the end it doesn’t cost more one way or the other, so why get so ****y about it? You’re kind of being a jerk about it to be honest.

You seem to get really triggered when something has to do with you and UM management, finance, or administration - that kind of thing. You must have had a bad experience, because to be honest, you sound kind of bitter.

I'm fine with them throwing out as many options as possible. The relocation priority is a decent sweetener but I think they should also include a personalized experience with Coach Hartley if you do 4 or more seats. Like you get to go out with him and kill a few transients just for the thrill of it en route to a recruiting trip to dUval county.

Why are you so angry?

What possible difference could it make to you what this man does with his money?

The convenience and possible relo priority MAY make it worthwhile. Either way, whatever you choose, it’s no harm no foul either way. Some people just might find it more predictable, or more convenient, to have 12 equal installments. In the end it doesn’t cost more one way or the other, so why get so ****y about it? You’re kind of being a jerk about it to be honest.

You seem to get really triggered when something has to do with you and UM management, finance, or administration - that kind of thing. You must have had a bad experience, because to be honest, you sound kind of bitter.

And you've turned into a little *****-boy who is going to follow me around making personal comments.

I don't care what you think of me personally, it is ridiculous to claim that anyone has been "trapped" into buying UM season tickets, simply because the Athletic Department offers another payment plan.

I'm not going to apologize for criticizing a stupid post. As for your opinions about me, go cry about it somewhere else, cupcake.

Advertisement
I'm fine with them throwing out as many options as possible. The relocation priority is a decent sweetener but I think they should also include a personalized experience with Coach Hartley if you do 4 or more seats. Like you get to go out with him and kill a few transients just for the thrill of it en route to a recruiting trip to dUval county.

Wanted to upvote this post. Figured I'd get triggered hate for endorsing the line about "killing a few transients". Upvoted it anyway cause it's sarastic and funny. And I like sarcastic humor.

You're absolutely right. More options is better. As I said, it's just my opinion, but here's where I'm coming from, and trying to keep some little bit of privacy from this ridiculous online morass.

You know, I had a whole thing typed out to explain my circumstances and opinion on this, and it's just my opinion anyway. But you know what, my personal story isn't for the world to hear and nobody cares to hear it anyway. Suffice to say, life circumstances can and do change. My love for UM football never will.

If it's cool to ask us to start paying for season tickets, or risk missing out on the best opportunities for seat selection for next year, before this season even starts, why not two years in advance? Why not five? Some of what the ticket office does just feels like nickel and dime-ing to me, that's all. It's like the difference between how the Miami Heat run their organization vs. the Orlando Magic. But it's a business, run by people.

The people in the ticket office and the Hurricane Club have never been anything but amazing and kind. Willing to respond to your questions, and go out of their way if it will make your experience just a little bit better. As I mentioned, my love for the Canes will never end. Just because I may voice an opinion every now and then that might reflect a perception that every decision made isn't Godly perfection doesn't change that.

And you've turned into a little *****-boy who is going to follow me around making personal comments.

I don't care what you think of me personally, it is ridiculous to claim that anyone has been "trapped" into buying UM season tickets, simply because the Athletic Department offers another payment plan.

I'm not going to apologize for criticizing a stupid post. As for your opinions about me, go cry about it somewhere else, cupcake.

Can I just apologize and make this go away? I was wrong and ridiculously stupid.

Look at how angry you are. For what? A moderate very mild complaint/observation?

Listen, let me tell you something that’s painfully obvious about you. You try to sound tough, badass and angry, but in reality, your posts clearly reveal you as the actual bltch boy.

Your response to me is typical of shrieking hysterical females or flamboyantly emotional drag queens. All sound and fury, but only the person delivering it is a soft bitter loser that shrieks when they’re angry.

I feel sorry for you. You’re a mess.

Advertisement

This had me cracking up

I just received the e-mail from the school with the LSU ticket attachmens. Parking passes and season/LSU tix are now in hand. All is well in the world!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back