Searcy keeping it real...

Respect to the OG's and all they've done—but you're right, it's beating a dead horse.

Enough with the Twitter rants—no reason two dozen old schoolers can't come together and put together a strategy to get the thing back on track.

Dwyane Johnson's net worth alone is reported to be over $300,000,000 — wouldn't take a lot of guys to bond together to get this program fixed, barring they care as much in real life as they do when frustrated on Twitter on game day.

Have you seen 30for30 Broke?
Doubt Searcy has any money left to be giving away.

Advertisement
An she was a freshmen back then, my owe my how things have changed over the years!

generated_18236518.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Respect to the OG's and all they've done—but you're right, it's beating a dead horse.

Enough with the Twitter rants—no reason two dozen old schoolers can't come together and put together a strategy to get the thing back on track.

Dwyane Johnson's net worth alone is reported to be over $300,000,000 — wouldn't take a lot of guys to bond together to get this program fixed, barring they care as much in real life as they do when frustrated on Twitter on game day.
I've been saying for two decades our former players who have money don't put it where their collective mouths are.

Yeah his tweet is really going to move us forward! Yep that's the help we need. Tweet away fellas!!!
I 100% support ****ting on the program until the changes are made. Look, the plans to fix the program are there. Read this board, you will see plan after plan. Some good, some bad, but they are plans. Almost 20 years of mediocrity and our admin not following good plans (people begged for Patterson, then Butch, then Mullen, then Cristobal etc.). But at the end of the day this admin goes out and makes dumb dumb errors (with exception of Richt, he was a decent stab at a good hire) and is the sole reason we are straight garbage. So I say **** on this program until the RIGHT changes are made.

I 100% support ****ting on the program until the changes are made. Look, the plans to fix the program are there. Read this board, you will see plan after plan. Some good, some bad, but they are plans. Almost 20 years of mediocrity and our admin not following good plans (people begged for Patterson, then Butch, then Mullen, then Cristobal etc.). But at the end of the day this admin goes out and makes dumb dumb errors (with exception of Richt, he was a decent stab at a good hire) and is the sole reason we are straight garbage. So I say **** on this program until the RIGHT changes are made.
My point is..... How tf is a TWEET going to help????? Y'all say all the time how y'all hate social media but now it's okay for old heads to use it? Cool. Our fans are a bunch of goal-post movers. Got it. Tweets are what we need to change the program. Tweet away.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Advertisement
I've been saying for two decades our former players who have money don't put it where their collective mouths are.
Some do. But not everyone has The Rock’s net worth.

The biggest disappointment I’ve had was reading about Richt’s second Paradise Camp. A number of former players couldn‘t bother get a token certification so they could ‘coach’ one day, for a few hours. Too much effort, I guess. Maybe there was more to the situation but it was disappointing.

Last edited:
I think that's exactly part of the problem we face. Two dozen old schoolers don't necessarily have the competencies to put that plan together.

This program needs a visionary leader in Athletics.

Will that person be part of our past success? Maybe? Perhaps that experience helped developed competencies we now need. But, let's be absolutely clear we have seemingly fumbled about even identifying the problem, so of course we keep hiring people who don't have the tools to solve our core issues.

Naturally, this will take genuine leadership at the very top level. I'll sit here praying till we see evidence of that...

Advertisement
His comments are relevant because the institution and many of its fans have continually deluded themselves into thinking we’re *almost back* based on a couple recruiting wins and whisper reports from greentree.

When the fan base realizes how crazy it is to rationalize hiring incompetents, we’ll be at step 1 of returning to back. Searcy played for JJ - hall of fame in CFB and NFL - and DE (2xNC and 2x NFL coach and true offensive innovator of his era). These days we hire meh coordinators off of failed staffs on the theory that … well, no theory actually, just fantasy.

If UM doesn’t want a real football program that’s it’s choice. But it should stop lying to local kids with potential about what it can do for them - it’s basically fraud what it’s doing. And it should stop hiring unqualified hucksters as coach. It’s just massively irresponsible. Hire a serious grown up and leave him alone if you want to quit trying. But the lying and dishonesty should stop.

Well put.

I had this argument with many a fan back in 2009 with Randy (FSU, GT and OU early wins), 2013 with Golden (the flimsiest 7-0 start ever; before wrecked 41-14 at FSU) and the same with Richt's 10-0 start in 2017 (could've just as easily have been without miracles against FSU, GT, UNC and Cuse—losses against any preventing a prime time showdown against VT and ND, respectively.)

Miami hasn't had the offensive line to be "back" .... the quarterback to be "back" ... linebackers and defensive linemen to be "back" ... or a stable of backs and receivers to be "back".

Until Miami has a two-deep where next-man-up can come off the bench and play at the same level, if not better, than the guy in front of him—the Canes are nowhere near "back".

Insane how some who follow this program will confuse some talent at certain positions (with zero depth or next-level talent at others) with being a competitor.

What good is some next-level tight end or receiver with a sub-par quarterback, a trash offensive line that can't protect him and running backs who aren't getting space to make plays—killing the ground attack and putting more pressure on the quarterback to make plays against a defense that is defending a one-dimensional offense?

Won't even get into the fact that Miami hasn't had a real head coach since January 2001 when Butch Davis pulled out of town.

Success starts at the top and trickles down and the Canes are going on two decades without a real head coach (Richt was on fumes and done), a real quarterback (King is a stop-gap at best) or any legit leaders (Reed, Dorsey, Gonzalez, etc.).

Time for the Searcy's, Blades' and other legends of yesteryear to do more than rant on Twitter or request sit-downs with useless presidents and ADs. Very passive approach to a very active problem.

Yeah his tweet is really going to move us forward! Yep that's the help we need. Tweet away fellas!!!
What's your point? He isn't free to share his view? He shouldn't share his view unless he has some 'move us forward' plan that provides the 'help we need' and that you approve of?

We're discussing his tweet because this is a message board.

Advertisement
Some do. But not everyone has The Rock’s net worth.

The biggest disappointment I’ve had was reading about Richt’s second Paradise Camp. A number of former players couldn‘t bother get a token certification so they could ‘coach’ one day, for a few hours. Too much effort, I guess. Maybe there was more to the situation but it was disappointing.
It was a laughable situation.

And no, they don't have Dwayne's coins, but our former players alone could have paid for a 34m IPF ffs. Instead our core benefactor is an old lady from a real estate family who happens to like us.

These guys talk like they care but are no more willing to talk money than CIS faux fund managers.

My point is..... How tf is a TWEET going to help????? Y'all say all the time how y'all hate social media but now it's okay for old heads to use it? Cool. Our fans are a bunch of goal-post movers. Got it. Tweets are what we need to change the program. Tweet away.
You need to calm down. I hate social media and think Twatter is run by Chinese sensorship groups, but any media platform helps.

Advertisement
Back