Seantrel or Linder in Draft

gvillecane

Recruit
Sorry if something similar was already posted.

Who do you guys think will be drafted first between the 2 of them? I think Linder is the better player and would prefer him on my team but it would be tough to ignore Seantrel's potential if you are any NFL team.

Advertisement
I'll take both of them on the Dolphins! God knows we need OL.

But to answer your question, teams will fall in love with Seantrel's size and athleticism.

Advertisement
While Seantrel is physically gifted, I am gonna stir it up and say Linder. Dude is strong as an ox, fundamentally sound, and work ethic will NEVER be an issue. I think with the amount of talented O Lineman in this years draft, a few teams might be scared off by Seantrels lack of focus, iffy play in the Senior Bowl, as well as a "decent" performance at the combine. All the tools physically, but if I'm a GM I look elsewhere first. If he slides past the 5th, then he's worth the shot.

Henderson... There's always that random scout who just drooled on him

As a cowboys fan with a need at RG I like Linder as a late 5th or **** 6th

Advertisement
Linder's ceiling is a very good center or decent guard, Seantrel's is a Pro Bowl tackle.

Considering neither are sure things, you always go for the one with more potential.

Henderson will be picked first.

Linder will have a much longer career.

This. Henderson will get drafted alot higher. But Linder will be "Chris Myers 2.0". You will be randomly watching a game one day and see Linder as someones starting RG and wonder, "WTF? Hes a starter!! Hes only been in the league 2 years!" Henderson will have a 5-6 year career and then retire due to back problems. JMO.

Linder probably has a higher football IQ, but is less talented and/or physically gifted. Henderson is talented/physically gifted, but can be out-foxed.

Linder = needs to get stronger at the point of attack.
Henderson = needs to get stronger at the point between the forehead and the spine.

Advertisement
While Seantrel is physically gifted, I am gonna stir it up and say Linder. Dude is strong as an ox, fundamentally sound, and work ethic will NEVER be an issue. I think with the amount of talented O Lineman in this years draft, a few teams might be scared off by Seantrels lack of focus, iffy play in the Senior Bowl, as well as a "decent" performance at the combine. All the tools physically, but if I'm a GM I look elsewhere first. If he slides past the 5th, then he's worth the shot.

I agree that Linder is strong, on the bench press, but one doesn't always see that on the field.

Maybe he needs to focus more on the lowerbody workouts.

No way Seantrell is around by the 5th round. Some of you guys are crazy. He was VERY effective when he was actually on the field here and GM's will take a risk on a starter at tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. No questioning he is physically capable of doing it, so you take the chance that the kid will grow up enough to show up to **** and stay out of jail.

Advertisement
A lot depends on what Offensive Line coach Seantrel gets in the NFL.

+100000

Maybe Stoutland will make the call for the Eagles... He had Henderson looking like his protege as a true freshman... I still remember him shutting down Dequan Bowers, who was the best DE in college football before the injury...

Seantrel and Linder biggest issue was last years NFL draft when a record number of offensive linemen were taken in the first few rounds of the draft. Last year RB as a position was passed over in the draft where OL were the hot picks. I could be wrong but I think teams will be looking for different positions than the OL.

I still expect Seantrel and Linder to be drafted but it will be after the 3rd round since teams spent their picks last year on offensive linemen.

No way Seantrell is around by the 5th round. Some of you guys are crazy. He was VERY effective when he was actually on the field here and GM's will take a risk on a starter at tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. No questioning he is physically capable of doing it, so you take the chance that the kid will grow up enough to show up to **** and stay out of jail.

As a Giants fan, there's no question we need O Line help badly. If I am Jerry Reese, I would pass on the big guy in the first few rounds IMO. I think he has all the talent in the world, but like bigsonnyu said, it's between the ears where the problem lies. Someone will go for him, just saying unless he slips, it wouldn't be my team if I were GM. I want students of the game WITH talent.

Advertisement
Back