Sean Taylor Number 26 Jersey

Hurricanes_5

Band
Banned
No disrespect but I hate seeing commits and even current players wear his jersey. I wish it was either retired or it had to be voted on for players to wear it. Sean Taylor was just in another league compared to other Db's we have had since him.

Advertisement
Jobe may never hit S.T. status,.. But if he plays with that kinda attitude, and effort.....who knows what happens!! Whoda thunk this guy named Ahmon woulda broke Irvins record?? You just never really know!!

Advertisement
Not saying he will ever be anything like Sean but he's a special type of athlete in his own right.

I can see both sides of the argument. At what point does an athlete have to get to, to prove he's worthy of wearing said retired number? And not just taylor, I think we've retired a few numbers if I'm not mistaken.

Jobe is worthy
Not gonna downvote because I respect the **** out of ya, but I strongly disagree my friend...

It's plausible he could be in years to come, but right now... No he's not.

NO High School player is at this stage in their career.

Advertisement
No disrespect but I hate seeing commits and even current players wear his jersey. I wish it was either retired or it had to be voted on for players to wear it. Sean Taylor was just in another league compared to other Db's we have had since him.

And Reed, Winslow, Shockey, Portis, Willis, Dorsey, Vilma, Rolle, Wilfork, Santana, Reggie, etc, etc, etc

Cant really retire that man jerseys. Buts it time for the ring of honor to be filled with our Butch and Coker era guys

And Reed, Winslow, Shockey, Portis, Willis, Dorsey, Vilma, Rolle, Wilfork, Santana, Reggie, etc, etc, etc

Cant really retire that man jerseys. Buts it time for the ring of honor to be filled with our Butch and Coker era guys

It's more the tragic nature of his death combined with his greatness that makes me want to retire it. He didn't get to live out his career and life like the guys you listed.

Don't think S.T. number should be retired, but I do think it should only go to a senior DB who has proven himself worthy of wearing that number. But only if they earn it. It's not a participation trophy. If it sits a few years waiting for the right candidate then so be it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Don't think S.T. number should be retired, but I do think it should only go to a senior DB who has proven himself worthy of wearing that number. But only if they earn it. It's not a participation trophy. If it sits a few years waiting for the right candidate then so be it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well now... That thought may hold some weight!! Almost like a "performance award" if you will

Advertisement
No player should ever wear the great one's number ever again. And I ain't talking bout Gretzky

Seeing #26 on the field is a constant reminder of greatness.

You get rid of #26 , you lose those moments of telling people all about how great Sean Taylor was when it comes across the screen.

His name up on the ring of honor would be nice as well.

Speaking of that, there are a lot of names that could go up there. What is the most current name up there?

Advertisement
Back