Sean Taylor Number 26 Jersey

Wonder if they could do a light display type deal, that scrolled intermentantly, all our great legacies, with a brief stats profile type thing, during the time outs, and other brief dead times? That may be a bad a$$ lil touch.

Advertisement
No disrespect but I hate seeing commits and even current players wear his jersey. I wish it was either retired or it had to be voted on for players to wear it. Sean Taylor was just in another league compared to other Db's we have had since him.

Retired jersey's should never happen at UM...way too many great players walk through the doors.

No disrespect but I hate seeing commits and even current players wear his jersey. I wish it was either retired or it had to be voted on for players to wear it. Sean Taylor was just in another league compared to other Db's we have had since him.

Retired jersey's should never happen at UM...way too many great players walk through the doors.

I agree but #26 and #98 should be exceptions.

Advertisement

I understand why you say that, but what about players like Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and more who DEFINED what a player at their position should be able to do. Their numbers deserve to be retired just as much as Sean Taylor who did the same (define what a beast of a safety should be able to do).

So many safeties wear 26 around the nation for ST it's crazy! Those same ones seem to wear 21 in the league just like him. You can't retire that number!! But as someone said it should go to a balla!! Doesn't necessarily have to be a senior just someone who's gon ball out lol

As we reestablish our identity again,.. If someone wants to put on that number,.. ..as long as they do us justice by it!! And truly,.. Play like those great athletes,.. Be it a Irvin, lewis, reed, morgan, blades, sapp, god we could go all night..don't just talk the talk,.. Walk the walk!

Advertisement
No jersey should ever be retired. Those jersey numbers should be used as recruiting tools to get the elite of the elite.

Probably been suggested already, but imo certain numbers, instead of being retired, should only be able to be earned. No freshman should be able to wear 26 before having proven himself on the field.

And imo Rayshawn Jenkins, as much as I love him as a Cane, never did enough to earn that jersey.

Advertisement
Seeing #26 on the field is a constant reminder of greatness.

You get rid of #26 , you lose those moments of telling people all about how great Sean Taylor was when it comes across the screen.

Well said!

Wear the number, but understand and respect what it means!

It's a tough call with retiring numbers at Miami with so many greats that have came through. ST was my favorite but to retire 26 they would have to retire 47, 52, 20, 98, etc. Yeah maybe they can start something where only proven players can wear certain number but again where does it stop? IMO if a kid wants to take the challenge of trying to live up to the greatness of 26 then let them try. No matter what we'll always know who the real 26 was, same with 52, 47, etc.

Advertisement
Jobe better be all in if he continues to wear that 26 jersey. If not and he turns out to be a troll/diva, he should be outcast forever. Nobody is allowed to disrespect the #26 jersey.

Yup, said this same thing in another thread. We've had WAY too many legendary players to start retiring numbers, but the special circumstances of Sean T and Jerome warrant it in my opinion.

Last edited:
If I am a Balla I don't want some former players Jersey. I want people to see my jersey number stand alone. With 100 kids on the team you just can't hold jersey numbers. And it has to be based on college production if you do. Sean never won the heisman or even the Thorpe award. Big reason why I don't even acknowledge those awards but still. The only thing that matters is Championships and those are won by teams.

And as a couple of posters alluded too, seeing 20 or 26 out there reminds me of those players and those great times and plays.

Advertisement
Back