Sean Spence

Advertisement
i could do 15 when i was in college and i weighed 175 and was in the gym maybe half as much as him. That is a ******* embarrassment

and he measured in at 5 11 and 3/8 o thought he was at least 6 or 6 1 thats what he was always listed as

not me. 5'11" and 3/8 is about where I though he'd be. that's why I thought weighing close to 235 would be good for him at LB.

I figured he was about 5'11" 220. the 40 time is disappointing though and will cost him in the draft

He's weak. Always has been. Its why he couldn't get off blocks.

And now hes fat and slow. Pathetic.

5'10" 235 pounds, 4.74 forty, 12 reps on the bench

I've not seen anybody ruin their draft stock like this in a long time

Advertisement
question??...wtf do u even bench when you know your not pushing it over 16-20 at his position>> ??

drew should of sat him out...he embarassed himself there

That's fine if yall want to downplay the fact that Spence is weak as ****. But that's pathetic when many normal people can throw up 12 reps of 225 at your local gym.

Because the NFL is one big bench press competition right?
No, but it is nice to have strength to get off blocks. Spence had trouble shedding blocks in college...you think that is going to get better in the NFL? For all the comparisons to Vilma, at least he threw up 23 reps...almost doubles Spence.

I'm sorry but you can in no way rationalize such pathetic numbers from a linebacker.

Never a surprise... LET THE CANE ON CANE BASHING BEGIN!!!!

Advertisement
His film isn't going to hold up to those numbers. His 3 cone was pretty slow as well. Looks like a 4th or 5th rounder. Which really isn't that bad.

Never a surprise... LET THE CANE ON CANE BASHING BEGIN!!!!
Lol @ that grassy ****..."cane on cane bashing"

No, it's called having a sense of rationality. Ringz might be a little exaggerative but how anyone can sit here and blow sunshine up everyone's collective *** after Spence's terrible combine showing is beyond me.

Advertisement
That's fine if yall want to downplay the fact that Spence is weak as ****. But that's pathetic when many normal people can throw up 12 reps of 225 at your local gym.

Because the NFL is one big bench press competition right?
No, but it is nice to have strength to get off blocks. Spence had trouble shedding blocks in college...you think that is going to get better in the NFL? For all the comparisons to Vilma, at least he threw up 23 reps...almost doubles Spence.

I'm sorry but you can in no way rationalize such pathetic numbers from a linebacker.

It's sad to say, but it's worse than just half as much as Vilma. Because on this one, you have to look at the bell curve. 12 reps for a LB has to be at the very weakest end of the spectrum. Vilma at 23 would have been squarely in the solid mix, probably above average in strength. From a standard deviation perspective, Vilma was even further ahead of Spence than a 2x, I'd expect.

Just a mathematical way of saying 12 reps for a LB is a real problem. Dude ain't gonna shed any blocks in the NFL, and is gonna get trucked by a lot of RBs. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Technique sheds blocks. Instinct gets you near the ball. Quickness gets you to the ball. Your legs and *** make the tackle (and a wrap). F*** the bench.

Advertisement
Technique sheds blocks. Instinct gets you near the ball. Quickness gets you to the ball. Your legs and *** make the tackle (and a wrap). F*** the bench.
i dont say **** the bench

i say **** the 40

a kid running a 40 yard straight line in no pads doesnt tell as much as things like the shuttle and bench press do

strength will help to shed blocks

in fact.....the 40 and bench numbers of this years guys will help answer the questions about swasey/speed/strength......they had all of the above.....but it does cement the fact that they couldnt do **** with them because our coaching sucked

they didnt know how to effectively use their strength or speed

Maock has him at the 5 best LB and raves about his film.
being the 5th LB would normally not be so bad.....but this years LB class licks ***

unless he can improve his workout perception at pro-day.......hes probably late3rd......early 4th

He has great film and A LOT of work to do between now and our pro day, because he can clean this up. Sure made a mess of.it though.

Advertisement
Back