Sean Spence

Advertisement
more importantly, he weighted in over 230. if he can run low to mid 4.5, he will be in good shape IMO

more importantly, he weighted in over 230. if he can run low to mid 4.5, he will be in good shape IMO

makes you wonder though if that is bad weight he put on if he is only doing 12 reps...

this is a possibility. but the weight/speed combo at this point I think is more important.

SS at 235 running in the 4.5 range is plenty big/fast for the NFL (in the right scheme).

Advertisement
The 12 reps is simply pathetic, no excusing or sugarcoating that, but the 4.55 will offset that a lot, and most importantly for him, whoever drafts him will have a certified, professional strength and conditioning regimen in place for him.

I expect him to be gone by the 3rd round.

he will beef up plenty in the NFL. could be an absolute stud in the right scheme (like Indy or Tampa)

Advertisement
12 Reps is pretty bad... but....

Put on the film and Watch this cat play - then find 10 better LBs then him. Don't bother .. you won't.

JC

I agree, number is disappointing, but bottom line is this kid is a player. One of the few we have had in recent years

12 Reps is pretty bad... but....

Put on the film and Watch this cat play - then find 10 better LBs then him. Don't bother .. you won't.

JC

+1. Let's hope that teams look at his production over 4 years on the field rather than numbers at combine.

Advertisement
The bench press is not that important, too many people give it undeserved weight compared to other tests. His quickness, reactions, and ability to actually understand and play the position are what are important and he excels in those areas.

Also I doubt teams will draft him and justify it with "well hey with our S/C program he will undoubtedly go up in the bench press reps". I'm sure that's not what CLF actually meant, but that's how I read your statement. He has a solid foundation and can only improve on his size and strength from here. I'm sure that's what you mean because his other numbers were good, no?

Edit: wait it's now a 4.71? meh. His film is still spectacular though...

Advertisement
That's fine if yall want to downplay the fact that Spence is weak as ****. But that's pathetic when many normal people can throw up 12 reps of 225 at your local gym.

and he measured in at 5 11 and 3/8 o thought he was at least 6 or 6 1 thats what he was always listed as

Advertisement
Back