Sean Allen... From enemy #1 to hero...

bomb

Band
Banned
### UM appreciates that former UM assistant equipment manager Sean Allen, who was manipulated and mistreated by the NCAA during the UM investigation, has done all he could to help UM’s case in recent weeks. It speaks well of Allen that he has gone out of his way to assist.

Allen, who filed a Florida bar complaint against Nevin Shapiro’s attorney several weeks ago, has given UM some key evidence – including then-NCAA investigator Ameen Najjar’s letter on behalf of Shapiro to Shapiro's sentencing judge, and e-mail exchanges that showed Najjar’s successor (Stephanie Hannah) was doing what Najjar did -- collaborating with Shapiro’s attorney to try to use depositions to obtain more information to incriminate UM, even though the NCAA now acknowledges it had no business doing that.

“Allen felt obligated to inform the university when he came across documentation that he believed should have been included in the Cadwalader Report,” UM said in its motion to dismiss the case. “Allen stated that while the enforcement staff consistently acted in what he believed to be an underhanded and manipulative manner, the university acted above aboard.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...rospects.html#storylink=addthis#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Advertisement
He got dealt a bad hand, but I still think he's a ***** for folding like a cheap suit. And a bit of an opportunist for attaching himself to the Shapiro teet.

But regardless, he obviously loves The U and has done everything within his power to redeem himself.

He's back to "don't shank" in my book.

He got dealt a bad hand, but I still think he's a **** for folding like a cheap suit. And a bit of an opportunist for attaching himself to the Shapiro teet.

But regardless, he obviously loves The U and has done everything within his power to redeem himself.

Yeah, he just should have lied under oath and risked jail time

Guy really got a bad rap. He's a good dude.

While I appreciate his efforts to try to make things right, he never should have been in that position in the first place. If he "loved" the team so much he shouldn't have been involved in anything related to illegal benefits of even the simplest, most minor kind. Especially given that he at times had a position working for the school itself, and thus increased the school's exposure and liability for any wrongdoing that occurred. His selfishness and greed is as responsible for the position the school is in today as the players that actually took the benefits from the con man.

Advertisement
He got dealt a bad hand, but I still think he's a **** for folding like a cheap suit. And a bit of an opportunist for attaching himself to the Shapiro teet.

He could have pled the 5th and not said anything at all. He was intimidated by the NCAA and sang like a canary.

Guy really got a bad rap. He's a good dude.

While I appreciate his efforts to try to make things right, he never should have been in that position in the first place. If he "loved" the team so much he shouldn't have been involved in anything related to illegal benefits of even the simplest, most minor kind. Especially given that he at times had a position working for the school itself, and thus increased the school's exposure and liability for any wrongdoing that occurred. His selfishness and greed is as responsible for the position the school is in today as the players that actually took the benefits from the con man.

Yep, exactly!!!

He could have pled the 5th and not said anything at all. He was intimidated by the NCAA and sang like a canary.

Pleading the 5th in a bankruptcy proceeding?? good luck with that.

June 14th. Nothing matters until then.

Oh? Fed district court gonna have a hearing in may on Perez' license to practice in fed court, somebody maybe Perez or the court sua sponte ought to summons the ncaa to the hearing to 'splain wtf it was doing with Perez (so as to get the whole story as to why she should be disbarred from fed practice me why ncaa attorneys -if any- who particpated in the fraud on the court should be sanctioned. Major finger pointing coming up right before the coi hearing. Lots of bad press for the ncaa and more ammunition for us the coi! Can't wait.

If the ncaa had brain one they"d have settled this. Ncaa pr director must be impaired.

Advertisement

He didnt have that option. Like Franchise said.....axe Lil Kim what happens when you lie under oath.

Advertisement
Lie, or plead the 5th? I thought he could decline to answer.

People dont plead the 5th in non-criminal proceedings, particularly when you are not the defendant. You can go ahead and try, but everything will be assumed against you. I am not for or against Sean Allen, but as much as I love the Canes, I am not ruining my life or risking jail time for them-- so i certainly sympathize with the guy.

Pleading the 5th is for when you are on trial for a crime, so as to not self incriminate. Dude was illegally deposed, but he didn't know it at the time. Anyone who says they would have lied is a fool.

Secondly, I fail to see where these horrible crimes he committed by taking kids on car rides or witnessing drinks bought.

You got players beating people to a pulp at LSU, but Jacory and his fried dumplings are the bad guy. It's a ******* joke.

Advertisement
Back